Forum › She, Her Camera and Her Seasons discussion

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Well... That was a waste.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

what even? And it was so interesting at first.
ugh. I was hoping this was going in another direction. Feel like I've said that more that once here. Wonder if I'm not being flexible enough. And then there is my absolute bias against love triangles. cough may try one more chapter. I only skimmed those comments with the spoilers but sounds like I may regret it.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Akari has great legs.

Rintarou is a pretty stand up guy so far, he has a somewhat obnoxious first impression but other than that he is a refreshingly straightforward person. So I kinda feel bad that Akari is doing this for what seems like an almost petty reason.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

It´s because of things like this that I´m so glad it´s extremely hard for me to fall in love... It seems like an awful experience...

Personally I find crushing on someone who is not available quite pleasant actually. They are in a relationship so that is that but the crush still enhances how much I enjoy their company which is nice. But yeah if you are the type to be sad if you can't have them I am sure it can suck. (And here the other isn't in a relationship just interested in someone else so she has more hope which might make things worse.)

I think you're a masochist.

Just kidding, but I get what you mean, I'm the type to get sad though

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The author is trying very hard to make the guy a "nice guy", but I can't help but hate him. He has the personality of an eggplant.

He's the poster-child for the friendzoned guy.

last edited at Nov 18, 2018 4:46PM

joined Jun 3, 2014

Oh man, we dodged a bullet there. I would have hated this series for going down the "fake relationship to make love interest jealous" route but It's still kinda doing it but with less consequences so I still like this series.

The author is trying very hard to make the guy a "nice guy", but I can't help but hate him. He has the personality of an eggplant.

I kinda agree with you but I wouldn't say I hate him

joined Jul 26, 2016

Bit harsh to hate on Good Guy Rintarou for acting like a decent human being who cares about his friends, I'd say. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Rintarou is too nice. I think Akari and Rintarou fit each other better.

Clannadas20ushio3
joined Jun 22, 2016

Bit harsh to hate on Good Guy Rintarou for acting like a decent human being who cares about his friends, I'd say. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's always like this is this site, good guy --> "fake personality", "dumb ass", bad guy --> "Douche bag PoS", good girl --> "she's a wonderful person", bad girl --> "she just does things her won way":

people always say some crap like that, I wish yuri forums were less man-hating and more love accepting.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I hate these kind of mangas that have that 1 guy ._. Like can ya fkkk off! No one wants ya ._.’ Can the manga artist just add some girl that actually likes him and take him faaaaar away. It’s like kannazuki no miku all over again but you can ignore the guy and still have an okay ending.

last edited at Nov 18, 2018 6:27PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

It's always like this is this site, good guy --> "fake personality", "dumb ass", bad guy --> "Douche bag PoS", good girl --> "she's a wonderful person", bad girl --> "she just does things her won way":

people always say some crap like that, I wish yuri forums were less man-hating and more love accepting.

Facts

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Facts

Agreed.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I hate it when they make such a decent guy..lool i can't hate him yet i don't want him to end up with the girl..i hate myself q.q

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I'm gonna drop this manga like it's hot

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

JasmineTJB posted:

Oh man, we dodged a bullet there. I would have hated this series for going down the "fake relationship to make love interest jealous" route but It's still kinda doing it but with less consequences so I still like this series.

Instead it will go fake relationship for the sake of fake relationship. They will fuck a lot.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

What the hell is wrong with this series? Why is it making me feel these feelings? :'(

joined Jun 3, 2014

JasmineTJB posted:

Instead it will go fake relationship for the sake of fake relationship. They will fuck a lot.

What the heck, bad end. Rintourou doesn't seem like a good guy anymore.

last edited at Nov 19, 2018 1:10PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

JasmineTJB posted:

JasmineTJB posted:

What the heck, bad end. Rintourou doesn't seem like a good guy anymore.

From what I understand from spoilers, it is more Akari forcing herself into relationship with him to forget Yuki. So it isn't like it's his fault. Doesn't change the fact that is mine reason many people dropped reading this one. They do split at some point, for some reason, but after it there is time skip and Yuki and Akari just meets after 7 years or so, but there is no implication of them getting together. I don't remember all details, so if you want to have clearer picture, it's better for you to find spoilers in this thread and read them yourself.

last edited at Nov 19, 2018 1:26PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I still think it's his fault, because, ultimately, he's as selfish as Yuki.

He appears to be a nice guy, but he never tries to really understand or solve her problem. He just sticks around her like glue, looking for an opening and spouting vague words of support.

A genuine nice guy would have tried to hook her up with Yuki once he understood where her feelings were.

For me, all of his bullshit good will is just self serving, because he wants to go out with her AND feel good about himself.

Yuki is no better actually.

Okay, I'm maybe a little harsh, but whatever :P

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Tbh if you still think a story with the tags het and love triangle are gonna be good in 2018 that's on you, lmao. Bad ends are to be expected from stuff like this, so being surprised is just choosing to be willingly ignorant/oblivious.

Clannadas20ushio3
joined Jun 22, 2016

He appears to be a nice guy, but he never tries to really understand or solve her problem. He just sticks around her like glue, looking for an opening and spouting vague words of support.

A genuine nice guy would have tried to hook her up with Yuki once he understood where her feelings were.

For me, all of his bullshit good will is just self serving, because he wants to go out with her AND feel good about himself.

Yeah if he isn't making his loved one get together with another person he's a bad guy... right.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Yeah if he isn't making his loved one get together with another person he's a bad guy... right.

The way he kept persisting when he clearly wasn't wanted was pretty annoying. And now that it's somehow worked, everyone is going to end up miserable.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

thecronosone posted:

How you ever heard of idea that happiness of your loved one is the most important thing? If you don't want to seem them happy, then can you really say you love them? She doesn't want to go out with him, she wants Yuki. She is only forcing herself to date him to forget about her. If he really would love her, he would notice it and try to help her instead of trying to take advantage of situation and scoring as many points as possible, hoping she will fall for him instead.

Blushav2
joined Aug 11, 2015

Do any of you seriously think it's Rintarou's "fault" that Yuki has a crush on him, and that only HE should "be happy when his loved one is happy"? Why couldn't Akari sacrifice HER happiness for Yuki's happiness, especially when Yuki has shown no romantic interest in her?

And they're not dating, Rintarou straight turned Akari down because he saw that she wasn't thinking clearly and even she admitted that she didn't actually want to date him, and now he's concerned over her because of the way she acted then (crying and slapping his hand away when he tried to see if she was ok) and is acting now (publicly calling him out after class and then ditching him to go stand on a bridge). Rintarou's the most empathetic person in this triangle, has noticed that something happened with Akari, and is actively trying to find out why she is suddenly acting like this.

The way he kept persisting when he clearly wasn't wanted was pretty annoying. And now that it's somehow worked, everyone is going to end up miserable.

Uhh, except Yuki, a girl he has been friends with most of his life, and who has a crush on him (that he probably doesn't know about) wants him around. Would you stop hanging around with your oldest friend just because someone else, who you happen to have a crush on, joined the group and tried to push you out?

And no, nothing has "worked" for any of them. None of them are currently getting what they want.

last edited at Nov 21, 2018 1:23PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

kiby posted:

Do any of you seriously think it's Rintarou's "fault" that Yuki has a crush on him, and that only HE should "be happy when his loved one is happy"? Why couldn't Akari sacrifice HER happiness for Yuki's happiness, especially when Yuki has shown no romantic interest in her?

I never said he should be the only one to do it. I was simply giving a explanation why "trying to hook up person you love with someone else" might not be something retarded to do.

And they're not dating

Well, I'm using my farseeing skills (aka spoilers), so my opinion is biased. I don't know exact details, but I know for a fact that they will date and fuck, so it influences my opinion.

Ok, I went back and checked spoilers again. Apparently they don't fuck, they were 1 step from doing it though. They still date for majority of manga and everyone only gets hurt at the end. Also no yuri ending.

last edited at Nov 21, 2018 2:08PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.