Forum › Sisterism discussion

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I just read 30 chapter.. It's EPIC! :D Mari x Akira banzaai! :D

joined Jul 3, 2011

Best freaking chapter so far.

Konan
joined Apr 20, 2012

I just loved her older sisters reactions to all the things they've done, it was so perfect.

I agree, best chapter yet.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

....Welp. Kind of a massive anti-climax...

A nice final panel though in terms of a Goodbye from the author I suppose. But was it too much to ask for some kind of realisation from the older sisters? :/

last edited at Apr 3, 2013 7:04PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, it was nice to see all the supporting characters get their resolutions, but we're left with the leads not learning or changing at all. Huge let-down after all that leadup.

Still, it was a fun trip along the way. So that's something.

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

But.. there is the last omake. and Payapaya said there are 2 others from the first and second volumes...

Anyway... What the fuck was that?!? I was reading this almost solely for Haruka and Yoshiko!!!! Goddammit, Yoshitomi, I had such high expectations for those two...

last edited at Apr 3, 2013 7:16PM

joined Nov 11, 2010

Haha. Well, at least it was a great example of Sisterism's classic perversion and comedy. I'm pretty okay with Haruka and Yoshiko remaining idiots for a bit longer given the resolution for the rest of the couples. Ending it like this kind of feels like it is more true to the series as a whole. It was a great reminder of why I enjoyed this so much in the first place.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

This can't be the final chapter :| HJKJH such a tease lol

Ahhh well I still really enjoy sisterism as a whole, Thank you payapaya scans for your fantastic work on this series!

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

If 31 is really the final chapter, then it was extremely disappointing.

last edited at Apr 3, 2013 11:27PM

joined Dec 19, 2011

HOW CAN THEY JUST LEAVE IT UNRESOLVED LIKE THAT!

Damn it i'm pissed. GIVE ME MY ENDING!

Hihi
joined Apr 1, 2013

whaaat? This can't be the final chapter.... i hope not! i want moree

Konan
joined Apr 20, 2012

While normally a chapter like that would be good for a normal chapter but for the last chapter? Hell no!
I didn't expect them to instantly get together but at least expected them to at least realize that somethings there or considered what it would be like for them to be together in the least.
Ehhhhh, while it was good from first chapter to last, I just expected a better end. D;

sickandtiredtoday
Index
joined Apr 7, 2013

The ending did seem awfully rushed. 'tis true. I'm incredibly sad that this manga is over. But this mangaka goes for these sorts of ending, no? Two by Two ended strangely too. This ending felt more realistic. But I have been reading this now for years, and will miss this one manga in particular.

joined Jan 31, 2013

Two by Two ended strangely too.

No, Two and two ended according at how it was set up, in Sisterism it's hinted since chapter 5 that those two idiots are in fact in love with each other...and then we have this anticlimatic ending, even more anticlimatic given that fact that the previous chapters were all about wrapping up the side couple. In the end we have a romantic comedy were the only loose ends are the MC's...that's a new one there (assuming the bonus chapter don't pull a Kenn Kurogane and turns out to be plot relevant)

last edited at Apr 8, 2013 2:25PM

asexymustache
Lindsay
joined Sep 1, 2011

So at first, I was a little put off by the premise of this manga because they're so young and it got borderline u-12 like the Japanese child models and it creeped me out; but, I went ahead with it anyway and the humor charmed me enough to get over that and just take the story for what it is. I'm halfway done with it and it's making me laugh a lot. Will post thoughts after I'm done~

asexymustache
Lindsay
joined Sep 1, 2011

wtf, everybody wrapped up rather nicely but Haruka and Yoshiko don't get a resolution!? Laaaaame. Other than that, Sisterism was lovable and I'm glad I gave it a chance.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i think this is the only ending possible,
this isn't a love story, but a comedy,
the reader has to think that the MCs still have to struggle with their love lifes for a long time,
if it's to easy for them to understand, their obsession losts meaning

joined Jan 31, 2013

Of course it's a love story, it's always been about love, and it's not "status quo story" either

As it is, it's a bad ending,that just threw away all the hints,

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

Of course it's a love story, it's always been about love, and it's not "status quo story" either

As it is, it's a bad ending,that just threw away all the hints,

bad ending? if you want a bad ending read homunculus (not yuri),

a love story without drama only make sense if it's o light one-shot,
not all the MCs are lucky enough, or sufficiently smart (especially if they are little kids) to understand their feelings,

i love this author and i want to defend his choice

joined Jan 31, 2013

No thanks I played ME3; I've already had my fill of dull endings

a love story without drama only make sense if it's o light one-shot,

There is drama: the fact that they're both as dense as the center of the earth

not all the MCs are lucky enough, or sufficiently smart (especially if they are little kids) to understand their feelings,

Thole point would be to make them evolue and come to realise their feelings, but in the end there has been no character developpement whatsoever (between Haruka and Yoshiko), and it's even more jarring given all the foreshadowing..it's like Star wars that would end before the final assault: the climax is build up but ultimately doesn't happen

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

No thanks I played ME3; I've already had my fill of dull endings

ah ah ah, i undertstand you...
but bad endings are different from stupid endings (or without creativity),

i love story with characters that grows and matures (like in Octave, Farnese in Bersek, etc...) but i didn't expect this from Sisterism.

do you think the end of Two and two is good or bad?
it's definitely atipical, the MCs didn't choice, instead they remain with 2 lovers,
in sisterism they choice (want) to continue to obsess theirself with the little sister best friend.

this is what i think, it's natural that it's only my opinion

joined Jan 31, 2013

but bad endings are different from stupid endings (or without creativity),

It's not bad, it's dull: nothing happens

i love story with characters that grows and matures (like in Octave, Farnese in Bersek, etc...) but i didn't expect this from Sisterism.

But in Sisterism the characters grows: Akira and Mari for instance, why did Haruka and Yoshiko got the short end of stick ?

do you think the end of Two and two is good or bad?

Good, because it made sense with the permise, there was character developpement and it wrapped up the story

in sisterism they choice (want) to continue to obsess theirself with the little sister best friend.

No, that's not their choice, they didn't realize their true feelings, so they didn't choose anything, their story just stopped halfway through

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Handwavium is summing up everything perfectly.

To claim that you don't expect character development in a comedic story is a fair point. But if that was the case, then why did the author include so much character development for the main characters (hinting extremely heavily that they unknowingly love each other, that series of comics where they are getting closer and closer before it suddenly drops the topic) and why did he include development for the supporting characters (4 of whom were introduced about 6 chapters from the end)??

There is no excuse for setting something up and not following up on it at all. Especially when it is the central focus of the entire comic. If they wanted to make a comedy comic, they shouldn't have implied it would be something more. Worst possible ending.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Before anything else, I'd like to mention that Sisterism seems to have been caught up in the overall fallout of Tsubomi ending, as this was one of their series--something which a lot of people, including myself, seem to have missed. The Tsubomi series were given a chance to wrap-up through their web-only chapters but that obviously puts a bit of a limit on the room left for development.

Anyway, as for Haruka and Yoshiko's relationship development itself, as I said earlier I thought the ending was fine. The point is, overall if you think whether Sisterism was a comedy or a drama/romance series, I think you would lean towards comedy. So if Yoshitomi-sensei only had a couple chapters left and had to decide whether to end the series on a comedic note or with big romantic drama, I think it's more natural that he would stick with the comedy.

The reason Akira/Mari, and Sakura/Mai, happened to get confirmed romantic endings was because it was more natural/easier for those couplings. But as for Haruka and Yoshiko, since there's such a big misunderstanding between them, resolving it in a quick and easy manner would be totally awkward. So if the series was going to have to end anyway, I would rather let Yoshiko and Haruka continue on the way they have, and imagine a sweeter resolution for them in the future once they've matured a little bit, compared to a forced ending right now.

joined Jan 31, 2013

The point is, overall if you think whether Sisterism was a comedy or a drama/romance series, I think you would lean towards comedy.

Again, why should a manga skip character developpement because it's a comedy ? Strawberry shake sweet is somewhat crazier than Sisterism and it had character developpement and a progress in the story.

So if Yoshitomi-sensei only had a couple chapters left and had to decide whether to end the series on a comedic note or with big romantic drama, I think it's more natural that he would stick with the comedy.

Haruka and Yoshiko realising their feelings would surely have been the most comedic thing to happen, this last chapter is pointless and not that funny (it's downright dull due to the fact that I excpected an end to the last couple).

The reason Akira/Mari, and Sakura/Mai, happened to get confirmed romantic endings was because it was more natural/easier for those couplings. But as for Haruka and Yoshiko, since there's such a big misunderstanding between them, resolving it in a quick and easy manner would be totally awkward.

Oh come on, 31 chapters is long enough, it's been hinted since chapter 5, already, and not just once.

You can perfectly be fine with the ending, but "there's no developpement because it's a comedy" is not an argument; comedy != statu quo, and as for the "it would have been too sudden" argument, it's the mangaka's fault for setting something up and dropping it on the reader's expectations.

To reply you must either login or sign up.