Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Yeah, I think I'm gonna take a break from this for at least 6 hours, at most 24 hours. To avoid mistakes, embarrassment and self-shame.

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 5:40AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I just catched up to the anime and all i gotta say is that is soooo good. Like, is it too early to say this might be the best yuri anime ever?

Yes, it might actually top Aoi Hana...

BTW, after watching that scene where the tall friend tells everyone how her crush rejected her and Yuu says how she wasn't sad or anything, i was wondering in what chapter does she cries after getting rejected again?

This was the equipment shed chapter, wasn't it?

Pixivicon
joined Aug 2, 2018

I think I've finally realized what everyone has been trying to explain here regarding "true love" between Touko and Yuu. I'll admit, I am dense. So, thank you all for commenting on the subject. See, I realized that true love can exist even with an imperfect view of it. I think that our hearts and minds aren't initially on the same page, especially when romantic love is a new experience. Touko's mind is logical, so she may put harsh conditions on love in order to define it. Where as Yuu's mind sees love as a fantasy or drama, thus she defines love with euphoria or tears. Let me know if I'm still missing the point, but I believe I'm definitely closer to it.

As for the next chapter... I have to make this comment. I can no longer wait... regarding the last page, a dark cloud came over me and I said to myself, "Oh Sayaka, look both ways before crossing.." Then I had a morbid thought of a bus running a red light and hitting Sayaka just like in Final Destination, but in this one you see the bus driver is an oblivious Touko... Can't help where my mind goes

joined Dec 28, 2016

Can mods delete all these nonsense posts unrelated to the topic?

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I think I've finally realized what everyone has been trying to explain here regarding "true love" between Touko and Yuu. I'll admit, I am dense. So, thank you all for commenting on the subject. See, I realized that true love can exist even with an imperfect view of it. I think that our hearts and minds aren't initially on the same page, especially when romantic love is a new experience. Touko's mind is logical, so she may put harsh conditions on love in order to define it. Where as Yuu's mind sees love as a fantasy or drama, thus she defines love with euphoria or tears. Let me know if I'm still missing the point, but I believe I'm definitely closer to it.

Touko is just being unusually conscious and verbally explicit about a very common problem with people that have been very emotionally hurt in a relationship or that have childhood baggage related to emotional attachment (her case): emotional unavailability.

People like that tend to instinctively be attracted to others that won't love them back because it's safer, or to co-dependent/rescuer types who will never leave their side, since they fear either the abandonment (physical but also emotional, such as rejection and non-acceptance) or the engulfing (feeling controlled, depending on someone) that might happen in a relationship with someone who actually loves them back but is healthy enough to leave them if expectations are not met.

Touko is like a mild case of that I'd say; Mei from Citrus is a really intense case to the point of becoming more like a caricature as the series went on lol. Other common traits are trying to appear perfect/hide vulnerability, controlling one's emotions a lot (either by reducing all of them and being kinda serious and robotic, or only showing certain emotions and not others...for example Touko appears to be always chirpy but with Yuu she shows a much wider range of emotions), having outburts when the mask of control goes down because the feeling of being vulnerable is too overwhelming etc

This links with my "spectrum of issues caused by having low self-worth" because that's basically the drive, as with a lot of these things; if the person is hurt to an ego-crushing degree to the point where there is very little of their vulnerable "sense of self" left, they might show more and more narcissistic tendencies to make up for it.

The "cure" is to basically be with a healthy person long enough to feel secure. I think Yuu is a great candidate, but there is the issue of who would take the first step to mend things.

As for the next chapter... I have to make this comment. I can no longer wait... regarding the last page, a dark cloud came over me and I said to myself, "Oh Sayaka, look both ways before crossing.." Then I had a morbid thought of a bus running a red light and hitting Sayaka just like in Final Destination, but in this one you see the bus driver is an oblivious Touko... Can't help where my mind goes

That would be the 2nd time Truck-kun makes an appearance in this story.

Pixivicon
joined Aug 2, 2018

Touko is like a mild case of that I'd say; Mei from Citrus is a really intense case to the point of becoming more like a caricature as the series went on lol.

I really don't want that comparison...

The "cure" is to basically be with a healthy person long enough to feel secure. I think Yuu is a great candidate, but there is the issue of who would take the first step to mend things.

Ah, I can definitely see Touko making the first step... but then again, did she already try when she accompanied Yuu to the faculty room? That attempt was shot down, which lead her to ponder the confession. Then, there's more within Ch 36... but there's no Yuu in Ch 36, so to say Touko will be the first to try to reconcile is a bit hasty Plus, I still want tears from one of them at least... Am I being a bit too sappy by saying that? I feed off of tears that turn to joy...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ah, I can definitely see Touko making the first step... but then again, did she already try when she accompanied Yuu to the faculty room?

No, she set up the opportunity for a first step, but failed to take it at that time.

Touko knows the deal—if she wants the situation to change, it’s on her to make the approach, and actually say something. Yuu has put her cards on the table already; she’s not going to do it again on her own hook.

Endless possibilities for drama, angst, and misunderstandings ahead. However it shakes out, I don’t expect Nakatani Nio to do something she’s never done before—do it badly.

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 8:54AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I love how every episode so far has had produced laughs out of moments that didn't make any particular impression on me in the manga. This time it was the moment Yuu catches Touko staring at her.

I laughed out loud during that scene haha

Now, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I just remembered a previous conversation about how @BugDevil said how unrelated videos can sometimes be rewards. Well, I found one in the meantime. Have a good laugh, everybody!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dkxVwZPic3c

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaand... just in case you don't think that the amount of laugh you got was enough...
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd5LRfsuGlI-e3Yo0dWZBVKNlNYkOp6Ny

EDIT: I think I have actually been overly enthusiastic with trying to find another commonality amongst the members of this forum. If I somehow put you off by all I said in this post, I sincerely apologize.

Well for one that was me being snarky... and for another, please no spam BV. This is the forum for the Yagate kimi ni naru manga. Nothing else. If you want to have unrelated conversations or send people videos, may I suggest Discord?
I dunno, maybe Dynasty has a spam thread too, most sites do. Might be worth looking into.

Why am I doing the mod's job after being chewed out by the mod despite staying on topic. shakes head

Well, most of this seems to have happened while I was asleep, so that’s a thing.

In any case, if you want to be off topic, we’ve had the Dynasty Cafe thread for quite a while, and if people want to trade funny video links or whatever, that’s a great place for it.

Just don’t do it here, because I’ve already got users annoyed at this whole mess. If it flares up again today, we’re gonna be seeing some temp bans and deletions, and none of us want it to come to that.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

BTW, after watching that scene where the tall friend tells everyone how her crush rejected her and Yuu says how she wasn't sad or anything, i was wondering in what chapter does she cries after getting rejected again?

Nah, Akari gets rejected for good in chapter 27.

Considering Sayaka has a spin-off scheduled which hopefully gives her a happy ending, I doubt Truck-sama is doing his rounds today.

Well, most of this seems to have happened while I was asleep, so that’s a thing.

In any case, if you want to be off topic, we’ve had the Dynasty Cafe thread for quite a while, and if people want to trade funny video links or whatever, that’s a great place for it.

Just don’t do it here, because I’ve already got users annoyed at this whole mess. If it flares up again today, we’re gonna be seeing some temp bans and deletions, and none of us want it to come to that.

Eh, I wasn't complaining really that you didn't say anything and more that I shouldn't really care.

See, there is always a spam thread. People wanna talk after all~

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 9:54AM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Nah, Akari gets rejected for good in chapter 27.

Thanks! I was trying to find that chapter because i also read the previous chapter and Yuu says there how she wasn't crying when Touko rejected her like Akari did

BTW, that Sayaka thing about getting hit by a truck has been quite present in any discussion regarding the new chapter. Don't even know why, maybe some people just want some needless drama inserted into this.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ If there was anyone here being serious about Sayaka possibly getting hit by a truck, It’s news to me.

I saw nothing but the obvious joke: raws end with Sayaka crossing a street + Touko’s trauma starts with her sister dying in vehicular accident = people in this story better watch it crossing the street!

I believe somebody made the same joke when Yuu ran off after confessing to Touko—it’s only funny because that’s so totally not how this story rolls.

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 1:49PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

OK, I returned from my self-imposed suspension and I delete that comment that y'all call spam (I don't exactly know what spam is).
But anyways, since the wait for the new chapter is longer than I expected, I thought of reading something else, soooo, that leads me to the question I wanted to ask for days now:
Do you have some good yuri manga recommendations (since I only read, like, 4 of them (5 if we count my December 2017 and January 2018 self, but I don't wanna talk about that))?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OK, I returned from my self-imposed suspension and I delete that comment that y'all call spam (I don't exactly know what spam is).
But anyways, since the wait for the new chapter is longer than I expected, I thought of reading something else, soooo, that leads me to the question I wanted to ask for days now:
Do you have some good yuri manga recommendations (since I only read, like, 4 of them (5 if we count my December 2017 and January 2018 self, but I don't wanna talk about that))?

Well, BV, what have you already read and liked besides this? Were any of the ones you read not to your taste?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Uh... well, of those I read, I liked 3: Bloom Into You (obviously), Citrus and Girl Friends... so, uh, maybe something similar-ish?

I just realized how my undecidedness, insecurity and anxiety are now showing for y'all to see...

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I saw nothing but the obvious joke: raws end with Sayaka crossing a street + Touko’s trauma starts with her sister dying in vehicular accident = people in this story better watch it crossing the street!

I believe somebody made the same joke when Yuu ran off after confessing to Touko—it’s only funny because that’s so totally not how this story rolls.

To be fair, that's so dumb and out of nowhere it would actually be funny. For at least 10 seconds before the crushing depression destroyed our innocent minds.

Spam is off topic stuff that doesn't belong in the respective thread you post it in. Like talking about your day, how much you like your pet or that One Direction song you love.

Using my investigative ability to its limit, I found the Dynasty Cafe that our dear mod talked about.
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/10103-dynasty-cafe-a-home-for-off-topic-discussion-where-everyone-s-welcome?page=323#forum_post_403768
You can talk about anything you want in there and probably get replies.

I'll recommend something if you ask the question over there as well~

joined Oct 22, 2018

To be fair, that's so dumb and out of nowhere it would actually be funny. For at least 10 seconds before the crushing depression destroyed our innocent minds.

Spam is off topic stuff that doesn't belong in the respective thread you post it in. Like talking about your day, how much you like your pet or that One Direction song you love.

Using my investigative ability to its limit, I found the Dynasty Cafe that our dear mod talked about.
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/10103-dynasty-cafe-a-home-for-off-topic-discussion-where-everyone-s-welcome?page=323#forum_post_403768
You can talk about anything you want in there and probably get replies.

I'll recommend something if you ask the question over there as well~

Thanks. This helps. (although, I can't quite go there right now, since my phone should be on the charger now).

joined Oct 22, 2018

Why am I surprised that there was nothing said in the meantime?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Also, why is it taking so long to get chapter 36 to Dynasty Reader? All of us are dying waiting.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

^ If there was anyone here being serious about Sayaka possibly getting hit by a truck, It’s news to me.

There was some semi-serious discussion on /u/, a spanish speaking board i'm part of and on a yuri amino. I know its a joke for us, but some people do think it could happen. I even read a theory about how Sayaka crossing the street on the last chapter its all a foreshadowing of her getting run over lol. Maybe it was a troll, but who knows.

Pixivicon
joined Aug 2, 2018

Yeah, it was a joke and a metaphor at the same time. I really like Sayaka, and I'm afraid for her. From Nakatani's other works, I find her stories not be waltzes in the valley of daisies and eternal sunshine. With that said, happiness in the end does occur. It's just not the cliche "happy ever after". So, I'm bracing myself for a bit of heartache regarding Sayaka.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Uh... well, of those I read, I liked 3: Bloom Into You (obviously), Citrus and Girl Friends... so, uh, maybe something similar-ish?

I just realized how my undecidedness, insecurity and anxiety are now showing for y'all to see...

You've read some of the more mainstream yuri titles so here are some more relatively well written vanilla yuri titles.

Kase-san
Aoi Hana
Sasameki Koto
Poor Poor Lips

It really depends what you are into or not. I purposely left out some of the darker and more mature and explicit stories since some people don't like them and I don't know how old you are. The same goes for various taboos like age gap etc. although you did read Citrus so maybe I shouldn't have worried about excluding taboo stuff.

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 10:32PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Uh, the manga recommendations is exactly the kind of off-topic stuff that belongs in the Dynasty Cafe thread. Please take it over there and leave this for discussion of Bloom Into You, thanks.

Handy link for your convenience

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 10:37PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

Considering Sayaka has a spin-off scheduled which hopefully gives her a happy ending,

That makes me incredibly happy and hopeful if true because I like Sayaka. Where did you read this? That said, Sayaka can still have an optimistic if not happy ending in this series as well. I don't think happiness needs to be defined by her having a romantic partner.

I really like Sayaka, and I'm afraid for her. From Nakatani's other works, I find her stories not be waltzes in the valley of daisies and eternal sunshine.

Aside from a few doujin, her official works haven't been tragic as far as I know. And if Sayaka suffered any serious physical injuries, especially death or even a close call could do it, Touko may regress to an even worse state than she was in before meeting Yuu. It would also be the third time Nakatani used a car related accident in her stories.

As for Sayaka crossing the street, and given how much symbolism is used in this story, it may be foreshadowing Sayaka's choice or only option to take a different path in life apart from Touko. Sayaka has believed with conviction that she'll always be by Touko's side, but learning that Touko loves Yuu, which is likely, she'll have to rethink things.

The play may have foreshadowed that Touko will have to decide if she can continue loving Yuu even if Yuu is seemingly different. Can she love Yuu if Yuu is no longer the person she thought her to be? And I think that if anything horrible happens to Sayaka, Touko would likely be unable to focus on recovering from that while working things out with Yuu.

That said, Yuu and Touko may not be a sure thing anyway, there's that optimistic clause in the romance genre. If Yuu and Touko learn important lessons, share their love for each other and part amicably, that's still a romance. There are many things I like about Bloom into You, and one of those is that the story gives no presumable absolutes beyond a tragic ending if it truly is a romance.

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 11:48PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

You've read some of the more mainstream yuri titles so here are some more relatively well written vanilla yuri titles.

Kase-san
Aoi Hana
Sasameki Koto
Poor Poor Lips

It really depends what you are into or not. I purposely left out some of the darker and more mature and explicit stories since some people don't like them and I don't know how old you are. The same goes for various taboos like age gap etc. although you did read Citrus so maybe I shouldn't have worried about excluding taboo stuff.

Thanks, but both @Nezchan and @BugDevil told us to go to DynastyCafe for that kind of thing.

Pixivicon
joined Aug 2, 2018

I really like Sayaka, and I'm afraid for her. From Nakatani's other works, I find her stories not be waltzes in the valley of daisies and eternal sunshine.

Aside from a few doujin, her official works haven't been tragic as far as I know. And if Sayaka suffered any serious physical injuries, especially death or even a close call could do it, Touko may regress to an even worse state than she was in before meeting Yuu. It would also be the third time Nakatani used a car related accident in her stories.

ooh, can you direct me to her other official work? I've only read what's on this sight, and what I've been able to purchase on doujinrepublic.com.

As for Sayaka crossing the street, and given how much symbolism is used in this story, it may be foreshadowing Sayaka's choice or only option to take a different path in life apart from Touko. Sayaka has believed with conviction that she'll always be by Touko's side, but learning that Touko loves Yuu, which is likely, she'll have to rethink things.

The play may have foreshadowed that Touko will have to decide if she can continue loving Yuu even if Yuu is seemingly different. Can she love Yuu if Yuu is no longer the person she thought her to be? And I think that if anything horrible happens to Sayaka, Touko would likely be unable to focus on recovering from that while working things out with Yuu.

That said, Yuu and Touko may not be a sure thing anyway, there's that optimistic clause in the romance genre. If Yuu and Touko learn important lessons, share their love for each other and part amicably, that's still a romance. There are many things I like about Bloom into You, and one of those is that the story gives no presumable absolutes beyond a tragic ending if it truly is a romance.

Woah, I never meant the accident to be taken literally. It is all about her heart being crushed. I agree with you that it is foreshadowing. To what? I have no idea. Seriously, I think I'm the one that's going to get hit by a bus, because my mind seems to go to dark places when it comes to romance. All in all, I agree with what you say. And, when it comes to Nakatani's writing, I know I'll be satisfied in the end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.