Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Pixivicon
joined Aug 2, 2018

Can't wait for the new chapter to be dropped. I just went over the raws and I want to discuss it.

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Also, if you ask me, I'd say that for someone to be aromantic but not asexual is weirder than the other way around. But that may be just my preconceptions.

Well, I'm not aro but, I'm significantly more interested in sex than in a romantic relationship, so I could understand someone being aro but not ace.

Pixivicon
joined Aug 2, 2018

Also, if you ask me, I'd say that for someone to be aromantic but not asexual is weirder than the other way around. But that may be just my preconceptions.

Well, I'm not aro but, I'm significantly more interested in sex than in a romantic relationship, so I could understand someone being aro but not ace.

Here here

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

@NxY
Meanwhile, while neither arom or ace, I am overwhelmingly more into romance than sex. Part of the explanation is that I already got a GF, but that's not the whole thing.

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

@NxY
Meanwhile, while neither arom or ace, I am overwhelmingly more into romance than sex. Part of the explanation is that I already got a GF, but that's not the whole thing.

Women are too much work vietnam flasback to ex.

Pixivicon
joined Aug 2, 2018

@NxY

I'll drink to that!! Not that I'm celebrating your girl ptsd...

joined Oct 22, 2018

@NxY

Ouch. I hope you overcome your problem.

joined Oct 22, 2018

BTW, y'know how it was mentioned that chapter 36 is gonna be a Sayaka chapter. Well, I read (a badly translated) version of it on imgur. I'm giving a spoiler, but not by saying what will happen, what won't happen. The excursion to Kyoto hasn't happened yet.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I hope I didn't mess up, because I may have or may have not remember where the excursion should be taking place, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

@NxY

Women are too much work vietnam flashback to ex.

I was overexaggerating slightly, we just wanted different things from the relationship, I'm fine now coughs blood.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

@NxY

I was overexaggerating slightly, we just wanted different things from the relationship, I'm fine now coughs blood.

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

@NxY

Thanks, made my day.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Coming off a bad break-up has nothing to do with being aromantic. It's not even comparable to any degree. Just because you are not interested in a romantic relationship right now doesn't mean that's your default stance.
I know nobody said that they are aromantic here, I'm just saying the comparison is sorely lacking.

You sure about that? You did admit to getting defensive in the past, but why is there a need to get defensive if you felt no insult? "Unfortunate phrasing" cannot be ignored because this is entirely a textual medium. But I suppose masturi_wins also has a choice not to respond to you so.. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Seeing that you're unlikely to cease, I wish you a good day, and I guess I'll stay off the forums for a while :\

I wasn't defensive about insults. I wasn't even defensive at all. I had a discussion with someone about topics we disagreed on.
You sure are a sensitive person. Oversensitive. It's not like you had to read these posts.
The unfortunate phrasing thing was a joke, but alas, I didn't think you'd be in the state of mind to accept levity.

If there is anything caricatural/stereotypical going on here is that I love discussing ad-infinitum like every good engineer about topics I find interesting. Apologies if it seemed like I was fighting BugDevil or something, hope I conveyed the discussion was in good fun! BugDevil replying intelligently just fueled the flames of interest :D

I think we can stop for now though since I believe it's a stalemate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHsPMxe7bOk

Oh good. So you do relent to peer pressure. I thought my points wouldn't be ignored for once (well not more than you already did). Oh well, I won't force you to keep talking~

Stalemate only in so far that you stopped replying and thus nothing can advance lol

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 9:38AM

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Coming off a bad break-up has nothing to do with being aromantic. It's not even comparable to any degree. Just because you are not interested in a romantic relationship right now doesn't mean that's your default stance.

I was replying to BV saying they think it would be weird for someone to be aro but not ace. In general, I'm not interested in romance, so I was using my limited experience to try to explain it.

My break up doesn't effect my views on romance.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You sure are a sensitive person. Oversensitive. It's not like you had to read these posts.
The unfortunate phrasing thing was a joke, but alas, I didn't think you'd be in the state of mind to accept levity.

If there is anything caricatural/stereotypical going on here is that I love discussing ad-infinitum like every good engineer about topics I find interesting. Apologies if it seemed like I was fighting BugDevil or something, hope I conveyed the discussion was in good fun! BugDevil replying intelligently just fueled the flames of interest :D

I think we can stop for now though since I believe it's a stalemate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHsPMxe7bOk

Oh good. So you do relent to peer pressure. I thought my points wouldn't be ignored for once (well not more than you already did). Oh well, I won't force you to keep talking~

Stalemate only in so far that you stopped replying and thus nothing can advance lol

At this point it looks more like you’re trying to push someone into continuing when they’re trying to disengage. I don’t appreciate that, nor do I appreciate the “oversensitive” dismissal toward the other poster.

It’s clear that the time has come to drop it, so please do so.

joined Oct 22, 2018

rolls eyes

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I was replying to BV saying they think it would be weird for someone to be aro but not ace. In general, I'm not interested in romance, so I was using my limited experience to try to explain it.

My break up doesn't effect my views on romance.

So you were in a relationship despite being not interested in romance? Guess that was your experimental phase? Sorry it didn't work out then.

At this point it looks more like you’re trying to push someone into continuing when they’re trying to disengage. I don’t appreciate that, nor do I appreciate the “oversensitive” dismissal toward the other poster.

It’s clear that the time has come to drop it, so please do so.

I can't pressure anyone into doing anything they don't want, so I won't.
You know, that was me dropping it. Let me have my spite at least.

Well then tell me, if someone who had no business with your conversation told you to stop and then said they will leave, because you don't listen to their unrelated demands... how is that not oversensitive? I do not appreciate that kind of thing either, but I suppose I went too far somehow. You make the rules after all shrugs

ametueraspirant
80e3d94cc0506fdcdd4caca92582f00c
joined Mar 4, 2014

time to take a chill pill I think. I need my sleep.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 2:11PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

@amateuraspirant
Considering what you said, I got the impression that it's sleeptime in your timezone, therefore...

Good night.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Now, something's telling me that I'm getting timezoned/clockblocked again...

joined Oct 22, 2018

Now, something's telling me that I'm getting timezoned/clockblocked again...

Speaking of which, it's almost midnight. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE NEXT CHAPTER, DAMMIT?!

joined Oct 22, 2018

contemplates whether he should ask the question that has been having on the back of his mind for a few days now or after sleep

joined Oct 22, 2018

comes to decision Good night, y'all.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I didn't relent to peer pressure, but I can sense when my need for bantering and discussion makes others uncomfortable and would make them want to stop playing the game so to speak.

You do like to play, don't you? Jeez lol I will just say one thing, which is that it's not stalemate because I had nothing else to say, but because I usually discuss to find out "what's right rather than who is right" :P

But I realized in our discussion it's not possible to find that out, because the crux of the issue is unprovable: did Yuu fall in love with Touko because of talking to her only (pure personality) or also because she was kissed, physically being touched by her, and felt good about it/finds Touko good-looking? There is no way of knowing that without asking the author, and the scenes could be interpreted either way.

In that case, I think the interpretation says more about the reader than anything else. I would never imagine Yuu could fall for Touko just because of personality because I can't even imagine what that would be like. Similarly, I don't see a problem with Sayaka at least getting some hot action from Touko even if she gets rejected, because hey, that's better than getting no action at all. lmao Maybe my gf is right and I do think a lot like a dude, not sure.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

@BV Don't forget about that EDIT button. It really helps.

I didn't relent to peer pressure, but I can sense when my need for bantering and discussion makes others uncomfortable and would make them want to stop playing the game so to speak.

Semantics, but so be it. You are so considerate.

You do like to play, don't you? Jeez lol I will just say one thing, which is that it's not stalemate because I had nothing else to say, but because I usually discuss to find out "what's right rather than who is right" :P

But I realized in our discussion it's not possible to find that out, because the crux of the issue is unprovable: did Yuu fall in love with Touko because of talking to her only (pure personality) or also because she was kissed, physically being touched by her, and felt good about it/finds Touko good-looking? There is no way of knowing that without asking the author, and the scenes could be interpreted either way.

In that case, I think the interpretation says more about the reader than anything else. I would never imagine Yuu could fall for Touko just because of personality because I can't even imagine what that would be like. Similarly, I don't see a problem with Sayaka at least getting some hot action from Touko even if she gets rejected, because hey, that's better than getting no action at all. lmao Maybe my gf is right and I do think a lot like a dude, not sure.

Making it hard to quit...

Without reopening the topic, we have definitive proof for one, while the other is mere conjecture on your part. So I'll at the very least say you should accept the thing that is obvious, even if you won't stop interpreting things into it that, well, aren't.

Yeah, we already established that you don't care about how that would affect the characters (and short-sightedly think that it would be better than nothing), let's leave it at that, however annoying it may be.

Well I think you are generalizing dudes pretty badly. What a shocker.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 8:30PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.