Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Without reopening the topic, we have definitive proof for one, while the other is mere conjecture on your part. So I'll at the very least say you should accept the thing that is obvious, even if you won't stop interpreting things into it that, well, aren't.

Where is the definitive proof? Your interpretation doesn't count, I need something better :P This is a manga so it has only pictures and dialogues, most of what's happening is inferred.

Your inferences are based on the "model" of the characters you have in your head. That's based on your internal models of how people work. And your models are largely based on how you work. Which is why people are often reluctant to accept someone else's interpretations about anything and see stuff the way they want to see.

In my way of interpreting the story -- taking a specific scene as example -- when Yuu was kissed by Touko in ep 4 she totally felt the physical attraction pull to do it (the scene in the anime even focuses on her eye changing to one of desire, her pupil dilates), even if she is not in love with Touko yet. And Touko totally catches on to that even before the kiss, that she felt flustered about Touko being so close to her and looking at her like that, which is why she teases Yuu. But Yuu is not going to reply "oh yeah I wanted to do it, this feels nice", because it would be awkward and in a way "losing" to Touko who has been obviously trying to win over her affections. In the story, in my opinion, she is simultaneously curious about falling in love and reluctant to let her feelings flow and actually fall in love.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 9:16PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Where is the definitive proof? Your interpretation doesn't count, I need something better :P This is a manga so it has only pictures and dialogues, most of what's happening is inferred.

Your inferences are based on the "model" of the characters you have in your head. That's based on your internal models of how people work. And your models are largely based on how you work. Which is why people are often reluctant to accept someone else's interpretations about anything and see stuff the way they want to see.

In my way of interpreting the story -- taking a specific scene as example -- when Yuu was kissed by Touko in ep 3 she totally felt the physical attraction pull to do it (the scene in the anime even focuses on her eye changing to one of desire, her pupil dilates), even if she is not in love with Touko yet. And Touko totally catches on to that even before the kiss, that she felt flustered about Touko being so close to her and looking at her like that, which is why she teases Yuu. But Yuu is not going to reply "oh yeah I wanted to do it, this feels nice", because it would be awkward and in a way "losing" to Touko who has been obviously trying to win over her affections. In the story, in my opinion, she is simultaneously curious about falling in love and reluctant to let her feelings flow and actually fall in love.

Oh man... Well, as long as I don't say anything veering from pure objectivity, I may be forgiven for this. Don't kill me mods.

Your interpretation could be seen as legitimate, if the manga didn't clearly show how it really is.

Your interpretation is lacking in way too many aspects. That scene in episode 3 doesn't necessarily have anything to do with desire (pupils dilate from pretty much anything, including surprise/stress, light shifting etc.).
Touko teases Yuu, because she said she has no interest in her and doesn't understand love, but still goes along with something so ridiculous. So she infers (most likely jokingly) that Yuu might be into it after all. What Yuu is flustered about is not the kiss and we know that because when she was kissed the first time she wasn't flustered in the slightest. I don't see how you can retroactively change that in your headcanon. If Yuu really liked the sensation of kissing so much, why did she not feel anything from the first one?

Yuu is pretty direct about how she feels about anything, except when it comes to the promise later on that she won't fall in love, form then onward she doesn't say what she really thinks concerning their relationship. But at this point there is no reason to assume she was fronting. I think I already explained previously that the reason Yuu is evasive and agreed to Touko's request in the first place is that she hopes to feel something from it, not that she actually does. In a way she is using Touko's affection to test herself. Doesn't work though. The chapter title wasn't "A kiss is just a kiss" for no reason.
PS: Yuu was not the least bit flustered after the kiss.

Now let's go to the flipside. Yuu is almost constantly thinking about Touko, in many aspects, even about how she is cute, how she's admirable, how she feels special for being the only one she shows her weakness to etc. I don't really feel like picking out all the pages, because... that would be several every chapter.

The sports festival scene quite clearly shows how just watching Touko do her best and shine brightly makes her heart race and space out. And only after that, the proverbial "Starting shot" to her falling in love, did her heart start to race during kisses. Only then she finally felt something.

So yes, to me it is quite clear what the order of things was. Both work in tandem, but feelings came first, physical excitement later. As it usually goes in romance stories and manga, physical intimacy only reflects the degree of love/closeness. Starting from here they did get more touchy-feely of course (when Touko stayed over for sure).
The only sign of Yuu having a physical interest before she realized she had fallen that I can think of is when she played with Touko's hair before the speech. Maybe that she apparently mentioned to her mom that her senpai is pretty, but that's like, an objective statement almost.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 9:40PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Guys, it’s either stalemate or a draw by repetition.

Time for a fresh game.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Yes! We need the nutshell interpretation of the facts here, just like in Citrus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLrLp6M809o

Pixivicon
joined Aug 2, 2018

Yes! We need the nutshell interpretation of the facts here, just like in Citrus.

bwahahahahaha!!! Oh my side...

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Thank you for making me consider committing suicide, you absolute madlad.

EDIT: I'm so fucking furious right now. You, @matsuri_wins, are lucky that you aren't in the same room as me right now. Because if we were in the same room, the chances of you staying alive by the end of the following hour would've dropped to 10% chances of survival.

EDIT: If I were to use the fact that I'm fat in my advantage, then you might as well die within 10 minutes in such a scenario.

EDIT: Damn it, all the time watching Alternate Future of Canada Remastered The Movie has turned me into a psycho....
FUCK!

EDIT: I think this post of my mine may be deserving of being added to my 3rd meme compliation as soon as I make my brother's trailer, which will happen as soon as my grandparents' health issues get better.

last edited at Nov 2, 2018 8:26AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

BV has snapped, but at least he learned to use the edit button.

You see kids, when you try your hardest and actually put in the effort, you get rewarded with an unrelated video.
Gotta love life.

last edited at Nov 2, 2018 10:24AM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

You see kids, when you try your hardest and actually put in the effort, you get rewarded with an unrelated video.
Gotta love life.

What would you like to get rewarded with then? :)

joined Feb 18, 2018

Gotta love life.

I am showing you how much I appreciate your efforts, by sending a funny video to make your day :P

Your arguments were great. I just think there are a few points where the actual things shown in the manga are so ambiguous that in the end, it could be seen either way. For example, Yuu is clearly shown to not be completely sincere about stuff (her heart is beating but she even tells herself that it's not her heart which is beating, it's Touko's).

So the extent of her "self-deception", you could interpret it to start happening only after she realized Touko would not like to be loved back, or that it started from the very beginning or somewhere in between. For me I think it was in between; she genuinely did not have interest in Touko, but when she started feeling good with the kisses and Touko's physical proximity plus company, she denied it from both Touko and herself. Until it was too undeniable.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Gotta love life.

I know you were talking to @BugDevil about that, but if it were me, I'd like Alternate Future of the Frozen World in Countryballs the Movie.
XD

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Episode 5 was dope. "I didn't know it was that kind of book! I just wanted to buy something while you were at the register, I didn't have any ulterior motives!"
Touko is hilarious~

Cheesecake I guess.

I am showing you how much I appreciate your efforts, by sending a funny video to make your day :P

Your arguments were great. I just think there are a few points where the actual things shown in the manga are so ambiguous that in the end, it could be seen either way. For example, Yuu is clearly shown to not be completely sincere about stuff (her heart is beating but she even tells herself that it's not her heart which is beating, it's Touko's).

So the extent of her "self-deception", you could interpret it to start happening only after she realized Touko would not like to be loved back, or that it started from the very beginning or somewhere in between. For me I think it was in between; she genuinely did not have interest in Touko, but when she started feeling good with the kisses and Touko's physical proximity plus company, she denied it from both Touko and herself. Until it was too undeniable.

I feel so appreciated.

It's true, but alas, that insincerity is because of the promise as I mentioned.

It seems to go extremely against her character as someone who seeks love to deny it so bluntly and genuinly at that point in time. Also again... only 2 kisses before she realized her feelings in chapter 16, but weeks of interactions and admiring/getting closer to Touko mentally. Which one would have more weight and has been shown to affect her more? It's pretty clear. Keep your physicality obsession if you must, but don't ignore the facts please.

last edited at Nov 2, 2018 11:54AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

There are way too many posts in this thread. XD

Anyway, I liked that they used a different kind of animation in episode 5. Made the expressions that much funnier. =3 It also made Yuu's deadpan…ness? stand out more I feel.

And Touko's reaction to the photo is as adorable as ever.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Anyway, I liked that they used a different kind of animation in episode 5. Made the expressions that much funnier. =3 It also made Yuu's deadpan…ness? stand out more I feel.

Yeah I noticed the faces weren't as rigid and shifted more around. Much more expressive!

I'm so glad they included that bonus chapter. Sadly they didn't show Rei's knowing grin before she send it lol

joined Oct 22, 2018

OH! THANKS FOR REMINDING ME. I almost forgot it's Friday today!
EDIT: And before y'all say anything: I used no sarcasm here.

last edited at Nov 2, 2018 2:15PM

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

So, anyone know when the next chapter is out?

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

It's already out, at least with a rough translation. Just not posted here yet.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Technically it's out, and there's a (quite bad) English translation, but I presume you wanted to ask this: when will there be a good translation of the next chapter on Dynasty Reader?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Also, there's a question I wanted to ask yesterday, but I think I'm gonna postpone it for tomorrow.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Man! That was such an enjoyable episode. Agree or disagree with me, but the thing that makes me glad the most is the fact that they even included some of the bonuses or extras or specials or however you wanna call them.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I love how every episode so far has had produced laughs out of moments that didn't make any particular impression on me in the manga. This time it was the moment Yuu catches Touko staring at her.

last edited at Nov 2, 2018 6:17PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I just catched up to the anime and all i gotta say is that is soooo good. Like, is it too early to say this might be the best yuri anime ever?

BTW, after watching that scene where the tall friend tells everyone how her crush rejected her and Yuu says how she wasn't sad or anything, i was wondering in what chapter does she cries after getting rejected again?

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Now, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I just remembered a previous conversation about how @BugDevil said how unrelated videos can sometimes be rewards. Well, I found one in the meantime. Have a good laugh, everybody!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dkxVwZPic3c

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaand... just in case you don't think that the amount of laugh you got was enough...
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd5LRfsuGlI-e3Yo0dWZBVKNlNYkOp6Ny

EDIT: I think I have actually been overly enthusiastic with trying to find another commonality amongst the members of this forum. If I somehow put you off by all I said in this post, I sincerely apologize.

BV, you need to up your funny video game. I'm disappointed in you.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Now, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I just remembered a previous conversation about how @BugDevil said how unrelated videos can sometimes be rewards. Well, I found one in the meantime. Have a good laugh, everybody!

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaand... just in case you don't think that the amount of laugh you got was enough...

EDIT: I think I have actually been overly enthusiastic with trying to find another commonality amongst the members of this forum. If I somehow put you off by all I said in this post, I sincerely apologize.

What video game?

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

What video game?

funny video game = how funny the videos you send are.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I love how every episode so far has had produced laughs out of moments that didn't make any particular impression on me in the manga. This time it was the moment Yuu catches Touko staring at her.

I laughed out loud during that scene haha

Well for one that was me being snarky... and for another, please no spam BV. This is the forum for the Yagate kimi ni naru manga. Nothing else. If you want to have unrelated conversations or send people videos, may I suggest Discord?
I dunno, maybe Dynasty has a spam thread too, most sites do. Might be worth looking into.

Why am I doing the mod's job after being chewed out by the mod despite staying on topic. shakes head

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 4:44AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.