Forum › Yuri Between a Werewolf and a High School Girl discussion

joined Jan 10, 2017

The author just found out that this got scanlated, uploaded and distributed without their permission and is pretty livid about it. "Wow, this feels really bad. Makes me want to stop drawing."

On top of that, the name Fujiyoshi Tsukasa is completely wrong and unrelated to the actual author.

I won't link their twitter account here to avoid mobbing them but you can find it through the twitter profile linked in the pixiv profile linked in "Release Post"

Fujiyoahi Tsukasa isn't listed as the author, just some sort of alias? And there's a Twitter account linked too.

I find it kind of repulsive when authors get all butt-hurt and threaten to stop creating just because some random person "steals" their work. Yeah you might not like it, but it literally happens to everyone with everything these days. Take it that your work is appreciated and move on.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Could totally do with more of this kind of thing in my yuri manga, lol.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

"You were fooling around with your phone..." --> "I lost my phone!" Lol I almost thought it was an excuse to ditch her friendm

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Wow, looking cool Joker!

Just a goddess with her guardian
Picsart_05-18-01.21.06
joined May 9, 2017

"They fucked"
The end.

joined Feb 18, 2015

That was just about a cute as can be!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Wow, looking remarkably like P5's protagonist there Riku. No wonder she's hot~
Now that's a really nice story. The werewolf aspect was kind of irrelevant, more for flavor I guess, but that isn't a problem. I like this "apparent superficiality" vs. "growing into a relationship" topic.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 2:34PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

that was BOSS! I love werewolves. This would have been terrific even without that element! It did move a little fast and I wish it was a bit more show then tell but other than that. Great story!

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 4:33PM

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

characters and story meh. not good

Edgy

joined Sep 25, 2018

I... I only got half way.... So much sadness... I get why it's been taken down but still... half way TT^TT

WollMilchWombat
Watashi%2060kb
joined Aug 15, 2014

Mangaka throwing a temper tantrum on twitter about illegal scanlations on the internet. Kinda understandable, but short-sighted and futile. Oh well, shame.

joined Sep 25, 2018

Mangaka throwing a temper tantrum on twitter about illegal scanlations on the internet. Kinda understandable, but short-sighted and futile. Oh well, shame.

I get where the anger comes from, but I can only understand english and it's pretty much impossible to run each bubble through Google Translate. Isn't the reason this happens because the original isn't getting translated officially?

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

It got taken down? Dang. I suppose this is what I get for waiting until after dinner to read some yuri.

WollMilchWombat
Watashi%2060kb
joined Aug 15, 2014

I get where the anger comes from, but I can only understand english and it's pretty much impossible to run each bubble through Google Translate. Isn't the reason this happens because the original isn't getting translated officially?

I first thought he was mad about an official translation being reuploaded on the internet, but that doesn't seem to be the case, as I can't find an official English release. He's also pissed that people got his name wrong and assumed someone was plagiarising him under the name of "Fujiyoshi Tsukasa". At least that's what I gathered, my Japanese is kinda garbage.

joined Sep 25, 2018

I first thought he was mad about an official translation being reuploaded on the internet, but that doesn't seem to be the case, as I can't find an official English release. He's also pissed that people got his name wrong and assumed someone was plagiarising him under the name of "Fujiyoshi Tsukasa". At least that's what I gathered, my Japanese is kinda garbage.

That's what I gathered from my searching too. I found the original through the linked pixiv but that's still in a language I do not understand and there is no official translation... At this point I wish I never started reading it at all if I wasn't going to be able to finish it

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

Author's doing a "Andrzej Sapkowski", I see.

WollMilchWombat
Watashi%2060kb
joined Aug 15, 2014

At this point I wish I never started reading it at all if I wasn't going to be able to finish it

Well, you can still find it on the various other sites that tend to ignore author's complaints, for the better or worse.
I wonder if there's any placating the mangaka, now. Though if history is any indication, probably not.

joined Sep 25, 2018

At this point I wish I never started reading it at all if I wasn't going to be able to finish it

Well, you can still find it on the various other sites that tend to ignore author's complaints, for the better or worse.
I wonder if there's any placating the mangaka, now. Though if history is any indication, probably not.

I've tried searching but it looks like dynasty-scans was the only site to read it in english. Though, admittedly, I have been called out for being bad at google searching

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I'd like to note that the author is actively monitoring this thread, so, uh, compose yourselves.

A85b3543-23b0-436a-a1a7-7ef9eb4e7778
joined Apr 30, 2016

I can’t find it anymore, did they delete this? Someone answer please, I didn’t get to finish reading this

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Guys don't get upset at the author for wanting it taken down. I'm sure if more authors knew they'd want their works removed too, regardless of official translation status. It's very shortsighted to assume just because most works get illegally uploaded and translated that everyone is okay with it and won't be willing to pursue legal action.

It's within their right to want it removed. Others have been removed from the site before, this isn't a first. The least we can do is respect their wishes.

joined Sep 25, 2018

I'm more frustrated at the general situation than this specific one because how often I never know how a story ends because I can't understand the original language. If the author had the work available in english for purchase, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I want to support the original creator to show that there is a demand on this side of the world for their work but that isn't possible due to the language barrier.

Act
joined Jun 9, 2018

I wanted to read it later...

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Understandable, but disappointing. I quite liked this, and I'd like to read whatever other work this author has in store, but if they oppose one of the few methods us English speakers have of experiencing their work, there's not much to be done. I'd buy this if it were available in English in an official capacity, but I'm not holding my breath.

joined Apr 30, 2014

rats, missed out on reading it

To reply you must either login or sign up.