Forum › Chemical Romance discussion

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Seira posted:

If anyone wants to edit or redraw it, I can do the translation and typesetting.

I already made a post about this in the Comprehensive Tovarisch thread where someone quoted you but if you can't find someone else to deal with the cleaning and redrawing I can do it between cleaning chapters for Kawaii Scans.

Oh man, must've been a comment from long ago then. I've just graduated from high school (early grad, woohoo), so now I've got a lot of time on my hands lately. If you're willing to do it, that would be wonderful. No rush for the job either, I'd be fine waiting a while in between chapters. There are only a couple left anyway (like, 8? If people want the last chapter to be redone in better quality).

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Seira posted:

Oh man, must've been a comment from long ago then. I've just graduated from high school (early grad, woohoo), so now I've got a lot of time on my hands lately. If you're willing to do it, that would be wonderful. No rush for the job either, I'd be fine waiting a while in between chapters. There are only a couple left anyway (like, 8? If people want the last chapter to be redone in better quality).

Nah, it was a comment I made about a half hour before the one here. But yeah, I'm up for doing the cleaning and redrawing, especially if it's only going to be 8 chapters or so. You can email me at Onyx_Alpha3173(at)Yahoo.com if you want to discuss things further. If you want examples of my work this is the only one currently released. (I can share some more recent examples through email if you'd like to see them.) And that's the first chapter I ever cleaned actually. My work since then is quite a bit better.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

But yeah, I'm up for doing the cleaning and redrawing, especially if it's only going to be 8 chapters or so.

The project has been sitting there for a year waiting for someone to work on it.

I am willing to come out of retirement to prevent the previous translator from releasing any further chapters of the Tovarisch series.

edit: I should clarify the sources of my grievances as you would have no way of being aware of them. The Half-ass Scan group stole AnonT's translations, sometimes verbatim, without any indication that another translation had been consulted. It also showed insufficient respect for the original author by providing inaccurate and unvetted translations of her work. Unless things have changed there significantly I recommend against working with that group.

last edited at Jan 21, 2016 6:24PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Gulf Standard posted:

The project has been sitting there for a year waiting for someone to work on it.

I am willing to come out of retirement to prevent the previous translator from releasing any further chapters of the Tovarisch series.

edit: I should clarify the sources of my grievances as you would have no way of being aware of them. The Half-ass Scan group stole AnonT's translations, sometimes verbatim, without any indication that another translation had been consulted. It also showed insufficient respect for the original author by providing inaccurate and unvetted translations of her work. Unless things have changed there significantly I recommend against working with that group.

I'm not entirely sure I follow what you mean. Is Seira part of that group you mentioned or something? And to be clear my offer doesn't just stand only for Seira anyways. If Yuri Project could deal with the translation itself and the typesetting I can do the cleaning. I don't think I've looked at Comprehensive Tovarisch over there in particular but I've looked at their discussion stuff and I never did offer to help at all or anything simply because it seems a lot more decentralized than a group like Kawaii so I wasn't sure how things worked over there at all.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

And to be clear my offer doesn't just stand only for Seira anyways. If Yuri Project could deal with the translation itself and the typesetting I can do the cleaning. I don't think I've looked at Comprehensive Tovarisch over there in particular but I've looked at their discussion stuff and I never did offer to help at all or anything simply because it seems a lot more decentralized than a group like Kawaii so I wasn't sure how things worked over there at all.

Yuri Project is more just a board than a group. You're welcome to use Phyis' scans (through volume 2 is scanned) and my translations. Seira is welcome to contribute as well. I don't really care who's involved or what name it's released under as long as the translations are accurate and it looks decent.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Gulf Standard posted:

Yuri Project is more just a board than a group. You're welcome to use Phyis' scans (through volume 2 is scanned) and my translations. Seira is welcome to contribute as well. I don't really care who's involved or what name it's released under as long as the translations are accurate and it looks decent.

Sounds like that might be the best choice overall then, at least up until the end of volume two. (I'm assuming there's three or maybe four volumes if there's ~8 chapters left.)

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Every time I see the title I can't stop thinking about the band.

joined Jun 12, 2012

Snot, boogies and Tsunderes. The three essential factors of a quality high school life.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

As someone who had horrible allergies, this is adorable. Also, dear main character, get flonase!

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

But yeah, I'm up for doing the cleaning and redrawing, especially if it's only going to be 8 chapters or so.

I'll shoot Alice Cheshire an email if they're still willing to work together with me. I would like to use the scans on Yuri Project up until volume 2. After that, I could rip my own volume 3 apart and scan them myself. I think it would also be ideal to work with the translation scripts that are already out, in which I can do the typesetting. I can translate the third volume and redo the last chapter as well.

I would also like to apologize on behalf of the Halfass Scans group. I had the thought that the scans and the translation were both of public domain without needing permission from the posters, but that's something I've since learned. The group is gone, and has been dissolved since what, something around two years ago? So no need to worry about that.

Regardless, the LQ works should / will be redone, in which case, the proper people will be addressed and accredited. Sorry for the inconvenience and the trouble!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Seira posted:

I'll shoot Alice Cheshire an email if they're still willing to work together with me.

Did you ever get around to this?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Hey Seira, I don't want to bump this thread with off-topic stuff again but I don't have another way of contacting you. Are you still interested in helping with Comprehensive Tovarisch? I need to know before I finish cleaning this chapter so I know whether I'll have to try my hand at typesetting it or not.

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

"I'm glad I have hayfever." AWWWWWWW

Avatar1457667_10200109529819755_1695728463_n
joined Mar 15, 2016

Being miserable sure is fun! Okay but more seriously, this was pretty nice

Nlridingaa
joined Aug 15, 2016

So much snot, so much cuteness.

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

This is cute but I cannot stand all the sneezing. Please take cetirizine, one 10mg tablet once a day at bedtime for 10 nights, then use a face mask on commute, and consult your doctor after. ( and put 10 packs of tissues in your locker in case of emergencies)

joined Oct 10, 2016

So cute and dumdum, lol. Made me smile and chuckle all the time.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

The worst part about hayfever is the eyes if you get it bad - and stupidly can't help rubbing.

I can only agree.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Oh god. Hay fever is so bad.

Images
joined Dec 25, 2018

Japanese= Hay Fever
American= Allergies.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Yup, it's still cute

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

That was nice. makes the same unarticulated noise Slumpy does

last edited at Aug 17, 2019 4:03PM

joined Jun 12, 2019

This was adorable

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

:')

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

You can't spell mucus without me, you and us. Well, you actually can, but then you'd just be left alone with a pond of snot.

To reply you must either login or sign up.