Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

elevown posted:

Can anyone explain why the Kodama exclamations? What does it mean? As far as I know Kodama are those little white spirit yokai men thingies of Japanese legend.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch17#2
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch17#3

last edited at Aug 6, 2018 1:49PM

joined Mar 3, 2017

Battle yuri romance.

What would they even call that? That actually sounds pretty cool.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ that sounds like Negima - if you made Negi a female character.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Kodama!!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

elevown posted:

Can anyone explain why the Kodama exclamations? What does it mean? As far as I know Kodama are those little white spirit yokai men thingies of Japanese legend.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch17#2
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch17#3

Thanks Nya-chan :)

I now know where it comes from and why she is saying it - but it doesn't explain why she chooses to call her mental technique of blocking her excitement by imagining her father 'kodama'.

The tn notes on 17.3 explain it can mean tree spirit (which I knew) and literally, can translate to 'echo' - and thus I still don't get why she chose to call it that since neither tree spirit or echo seem related?

Its not a big deal why that name tho, now at least I understand the meaning behind it. Just curious.

last edited at Aug 7, 2018 5:42AM

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

If she keeps using kodama every time she has a sexual thought, she's going to make a terrible involuntary connection by the time they actually get round to doing anything more physical.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I just re-read this and wanted to say this: I love Mimika! She is one of the best Yuri MCs for me, even if she is a massive pedo for Yuzu. And I intensely dislike the Lolicon genre, but this manga's one of my favorites.

joined Apr 14, 2018

I just re-read this and wanted to say this: I love Mimika! She is one of the best Yuri MCs for me, even if she is a massive pedo for Yuzu. And I intensely dislike the Lolicon genre, but this manga's one of my favorites.

you just voice my thoughts lol
it's Yuzumori san fault for being so cute lol

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Perhaps its because she is even less mature than Yuzu in some ways? Or because tho it is hard for her, she resists any temptations and is determined to wait.? After all there is no crime in what one thinks, only what one does.

last edited at Aug 8, 2018 11:37AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Mimika isn't a pedophile (QED her reaction to Ririha and Isuzu), she's Yuzuphile. o3o
(And to her credit works hard to not cross any moral and legal thresholds there either.)

Also hilarious which generally gets a character forgiven a lot.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

All of the reasons above, I think.

Also, this manga doesn't over-sexualize Yuzu, unlike most of the other Loli-Yuri stuff I've seen that contain sexualization of children (like having huge boobs for a pre-adolescent girl, big butt, pee jokes, showing clevage etc.). The author handles the visualization of Mimika's attraction for Yuzu really well, without actually fetishizing her.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

All of the reasons above, I think.

Also, this manga doesn't over-sexualize Yuzu, unlike most of the other Loli-Yuri stuff I've seen that contain sexualization of children (like having huge boobs for a pre-adolescent girl, big butt, pee jokes, showing clevage etc.). The author handles the visualization of Mimika's attraction for Yuzu really well, without actually fetishizing her.

That’s true—the way the figures are stylized, I don’t actually think Yuzumori (or pretty much anyone else) is attractive to me, but I absolutely see completely clearly how and why Mimika finds her attractive.

It’s not a knock on the art at all—it’s just that the eyes and heads are so big and the noses so sharp, etc. that it’s a little distancing.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

THANK YOU.

The narrative does a very good job of conveying that Mimika - specifically and solely Mimika - is sexualizing Yuzumori. Yuzumori doesn't appear suxualized or act provocatively on her own (despite certain people being in vehement denial of that fact). When she's just sitting there playing video games or studying, the panels aren't taking blatant focus on risque parts of Yuzumori's body. Those shots only come when Mimika starts leering, and are clearly taken from her point of view. They effectively illustrate Mimika's obsession, but glamorize it far less than the typical lolicon story.

last edited at Aug 9, 2018 8:57AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I feel like the ending was kind of disappointing. Obviously the characters made the right choice, to wait until Yuzumori is old enough to consent before they do anything. But most of the tension came from Mimika's desire to do something that is clearly wrong, and how she dealt with it. When she can just say "Oh I'll just wait" it feels too easy.

Maybe I'm saying I wanted her to give in to temptation (as creepy as that is), or at least struggle with it more, as a way to make the story more interesting.

last edited at Aug 9, 2018 9:05AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I feel like the ending was kind of disappointing. Obviously the characters made the right choice, to wait until Yuzumori is old enough to consent before they do anything. But most of the tension came from Mimika's desire to do something that is clearly wrong, and how she dealt with it. When she can just say "Oh I'll just wait" it feels too easy.

Maybe I'm saying I wanted her to give in to temptation (as creepy as that is), or at least struggle with it more, as a way to make the story more interesting.

That’s why a lot of people complained about the limited nature of the time skip—the obvious thing to do would have been to jump ahead far enough to have OK Yuzumika sexytimes.

I don’t mind particularly—we know they stay together, and we know where the relationship is heading (and we know who the top is going to be)—but it was . . .oh, crap, “anticlimactic” is really the right word, isn’t it?

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I miss this manga. It was perfect to me. It deserves an anime but isn't lewd or controversial enough to get one.

Yeah, yuri manga don't really get anime unless A) they're aimed at straight men, or B) they portray a clearly deviant or unhealthy relationship to implicitly support the cultural belief that sapphic romance is deviant and unhealthy.

Mimika is far too dedicated to making sure her interactions with Yuzumori never cross the line into ones that would be inappropriate for a child of her age to be sufficiently melodramatic.

About half of all anime with yuri elements fall outside those criteria. The simple fact is the vast majority of ALL anime are aimed at strait teenage boys and young men and a large portion of all dramatic romance anime showcase some form of unhealthy relationship. This is hardly a problem that exists only for the yuri genre.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

All elementary school girls are ninjas, but not all ninjas are elementary school girls.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I frankly loved the fact that Yuzumori-san is a very well-depicted precocious genius. She understood what a pedophile is, and instead of simply moralizing, she thought wow, if she really is like that she won't really like or even see ME, just "the prettiest kid in the grade school." So we won't have a relationship once I'm not tiny, cute and very underage. And her next move was to immediately ask Mimika about all of the above. And Mimika didn't just answer, she pondered and soul-searched and worried, and decided no, it was just Yuzumori-san after all. And then we got to see how she reacted to her when she was a teenager - still in love with her but also missing that cute (meaning child) element. She even said she had to fall in love with her all over again. So Mimika did have that element, but it wasn't as important as her love for Yuzumori-san. And this in a mostly comedy! By the time they get together Yuzumori-san will be much more mature and educated than Mimika, I think. She's nearly there as a teen.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

I really enjoyed Yuzumori-san. The drawings were beautiful, the relationship between Mimika and Yuzumori is the most purest thing I've ever seen.
I would like more chapters to see the development of their relationship (now that Yuzumori is a teenage girl) and the kiss!
It's cute, funny and sometimes sad but everything is fine.

joined Jun 6, 2016

I want to shoot the essences of this manga straight into my vein.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I miss this manga. It was perfect to me. It deserves an anime but isn't lewd or controversial enough to get one.

Yeah, yuri manga don't really get anime unless A) they're aimed at straight men, or B) they portray a clearly deviant or unhealthy relationship to implicitly support the cultural belief that sapphic romance is deviant and unhealthy.

Mimika is far too dedicated to making sure her interactions with Yuzumori never cross the line into ones that would be inappropriate for a child of her age to be sufficiently melodramatic.

About half of all anime with yuri elements fall outside those criteria. The simple fact is the vast majority of ALL anime are aimed at strait teenage boys and young men and a large portion of all dramatic romance anime showcase some form of unhealthy relationship. This is hardly a problem that exists only for the yuri genre.

Yuri tends to be a bit less on the generic side in terms of anime probly just because only the standouts get the adaption for obvious reason. That and because there isnt much of it compareativly 3hz makeing 2 good ones in a row makes up for the bad much more then if this was shounen or something.

last edited at Oct 28, 2018 9:38AM

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

i dont think i ever commented on this story so im here to pay my respects and bow my head this was a good ass read

joined Sep 13, 2018

i re-read it again , it was so good but i didnt like the forced drama with ririha.

i love how mimika is more childish and the little kid its more mature , i never expected that kind of combination the 1st time i read it.

On ch12 i was expecting this to be suffering but it end up full of fluff

joined Jan 11, 2014

Mimika is best antihero

joined Mar 11, 2020

It's a okay ending but I want a sequel!!!
I want see their grown up everyday life T__T

To reply you must either login or sign up.