Forum › Forever In My Heart discussion

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

My OTP forever. Top tier translation apart from the "You just called me Madoka" thing.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Seriously, Mira? and this is before Rebelion...

last edited at Jul 25, 2018 2:19AM

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

Is anyone else finding Madoka Magica mixed with Mira's art strange?

last edited at Jul 25, 2018 2:31AM

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

oh no im crying forever after reading this and the kyousaya one

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

miraaaa with madokaaaa!

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I thought I saw unintentional foreshadowing in page 10: "My one, overflowing emotion... was my love for you." AI YO.

last edited at Jul 25, 2018 4:28AM

Credit
joined Jul 14, 2013

Is anyone else finding Madoka Magica mixed with Mira's art strange?

Yes! It just looks wrong and doesn't fit to Madoka Magic at all

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I'm not crying, you're crying! T^T

joined Jun 13, 2017

Someone should make a Rebellion spinoff with Homura going "Nah, get back here."

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

It's really weird reading a Madoka story that portrays Homura's (actual Homura's, not AU Homura) love and devotion for Madoka as genuine and supportive instead of obsessive and selfish. Even before rebellion.

joined Jan 29, 2017

Dang it, it's too early in the morning for this!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Er, no she didn't? Madoka's name wasn't even on the previous page anywhere. Nor on the page before that. It was only two panels after that where she said Madoka's name anywhere in that scene.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

It's really weird reading a Madoka story that portrays Homura's (actual Homura's, not AU Homura) love and devotion for Madoka as genuine and supportive instead of obsessive and selfish. Even before rebellion.

I've seen this accusation thrown around but I don't agree. Obsessive yes, but Homura's hardly selfish. Even her betrayal was spurred on by Madoka's own declaration that she'd never want to leave her friends and family behind for anything. The somewhat erroneous conclusion that Homura drew was that Madoka was not truly happy with her sacrifice. While there was obviously an element of dissatisfaction on Homura's part from the end of the anime, from her own thoughts we know she was clearly willing to honor Madoka's wishes until the moment she became convinced that it was not Madoka's true desire.

Even her controlling behavior during the anime was spurred on by Madoka's own request to "save her from being stupid" and to not let her be fooled by Kyubey into making a contract again. It's little wonder that that was the timeline in which she starts taking a more heavy-handed approach when Madoka herself is calling her decisions stupid and wants Homura to prevent her from making them again.

On a side note, people also read way too hard into her wish. It was a high stress situation with only a single thought running through her head - that her own weakness forced Madoka into shouldering everything. Are we to presume that Mami doesn't care about her parents either because she didn't wish for their survival?

last edited at Jul 25, 2018 11:23AM

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I think we have a different definition of Selfish.

Every wish made in the show, with the exception of Madokas final wish, was a selfish one. That was the point that Kyubey kept trying to hammer in, and why he was so shocked when Madoka broke his "rules".

It doesn't mean that Mami didn't care for her parents, but at the end of the day, she put her needs before theirs. Sayaka wanted Kamijo to be healed, but as (iirc) Kyouko points out, she really wanted him to be grateful. And while Homura did legitimately love Madoka, her constant resets and loops were because of what she wanted for Madoka. At least, it eventually got there.

And believe me, I'm totally fine with Mira's interpretation. I like seeing different viewpoints. And while Homura's desires were selfish at their core, it doesn't make them necessarily toxic or harmful. Just not as healthy as yuri shippers would want to believe.

I don't know, that's what I got from the show.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Mira Mira Mira.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

And while Homura did legitimately love Madoka, her constant resets and loops were because of what she wanted for Madoka. At least, it eventually got there.

My problem with this line of reasoning is that for Homura, her actions have always been dictated by what Madoka directly requests from her. She tries to save Madoka because Madoka didn't want to die. She starts controlling Madoka and not allowing Madoka to make decisions for herself because Madoka requests that Homura stop her self-proclaimed stupidity from allowing Kyubey to trick her. She upholds and protects Madoka's new world, willing to face a fate worse than death because that's what Madoka wanted. Even her betrayal - in her mind - is what Madoka wanted, because according to Madoka's own words during her amnesiac state, she'd never want to leave her friends and family behind because it would make her incredibly sad.

After all, Homura gains nothing from the betrayal. She had the opportunity to ascend to the afterlife and spend the rest of eternity with Madoka. But she rejected it, because the amnesiac Madoka said she would never want to leave her ordinary and happy life, spurring Homura to believe that Madoka's sacrifice was merely out of necessity rather than her true desire. So she rejects the Law of Cycles, taking on the mantle of Madoka's enemy, and constructs a fake world where for as long as the barrier holds, Madoka can live peacefully and normally, cut off from all the things that might link her back to the world of magical girls and incubators.

Misguided and obsessed, perhaps. But selfish is hardly what I'd call it. The true dichotomy between the two is not selflessness and selfishness, but the difference between one who'd try to love and save everyone in the world even if it would make the people they love sad, and one who'd sacrifice everyone - including themselves - in the world because they love one person.

Every wish made in the show, with the exception of Madokas final wish, was a selfish one. That was the point that Kyubey kept trying to hammer in, and why he was so shocked when Madoka broke his "rules".

I also strongly disagree with this. First of all, Kyubey doesn't and wouldn't care for applying such a moralistic rule or having such a thing broken. What shocked Kyubey is that Madoka's wish is itself a paradox that requires the entire universe to be restructured

Remember that in the series, wishes and curses counterbalance each other. A great wish must be balanced out by a correspondingly great curse. Madoka's wish was born out of the combined weight of the negative karma built up through the hundreds of loops Homura's gone through trying to save her. That amount of negative karma should be enough to create the greatest witch that would destroy the planet, and it does in most of the loops. But Madoka's wish defies that - the negative karma accumulated by Homura is miraculously converted into positive karma by Madoka. It's more or less deus ex machina, though I don't mean that in a bad way, since it's intentionally supposed to be a reality-defying miracle, hence Kyubey's shock. "Are you trying to become a god?" he asks, because attempting to rewrite the rules of the universe is more or less what that entails, with Madoka destroying her own witch the moment it's born, something that shouldn't even be physically possible.

This makes much more sense than him being shocked that Madoka wasn't selfish, given the cold and rational nature of his species. He wouldn't care if a wish was self-serving or not, even differentiating between a selfish and selfless wish would be petty nonsense to his race. I believe there is a narrative about selfish and selfless wishes, but it's strictly limited to Kyouko and Sayaka's story. After all, I think it'd be excessively harsh to frame the phrase "I don't want to die" from the addled mind of a little girl bleeding out to death under a car as selfish, it's probable she wasn't even sure what was happening because it was a little alien cat thing that was asking her what she wanted. Meanwhile, Kyouko and Sayaka's wishes were explicitly laid out to have ulterior motives to them; Sayaka wanted Kyousuke to heal so he'd love her, Kyouko wanted her father to be respected so they'd stop being poor and have food. Nevermind the fact that Madoka's original wish was just to save the life of a stray cat, it'd be difficult to tack a narrative of selfishness onto that.

last edited at Jul 25, 2018 6:07PM

joined Jun 9, 2018

A shame that isn't canon.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

This feels like a retelling of the original anime's story with the addition of sex, it's still awesome though.

joined May 28, 2018

I didn't watch the 3rd movie, so would i cry?
If it don't have good end and make me cry, i rather stuck with the doujins

joined Feb 1, 2013

I didn't watch the 3rd movie, so would i cry?
If it don't have good end and make me cry, i rather stuck with the doujins

Yeah, stick with the doujins

joined Jun 19, 2018

The first time I watched the anime i told myself PLEASE LET THERE BE YURI IT HAS TO BE

joined Oct 25, 2010

Homura & Madoka have similar passions . They fight to protect the smiles of those whom they love . The same observations apply to Kyouko & Sayaka along with Mami & BeBe .
The incubators are scared now. Their very existence depends upon the will of a devil who can easily destroy their entire species. Homura wanted a world where Madoka and her classmates can live as ordinary girls . But, Homura is beyond the law of cycles . She makes the rules now , and can interact with Madoka without having to fight herself on Walpurgis night . I think that is why she loses every time, until she figured out the true witch was herself. Now, she has become a being of fear for the incubators.

To reply you must either login or sign up.