Forum › A Love Letter for the Marching Puppy discussion

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Promising, but i wonder about their age difference the mc looks like a kid. I'm not into loli shit but it has a great art so i will let it slide.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

Lovely, I hope it will not be canceled.

20180801_183554
joined Oct 7, 2017

Wow, Indou is such a chick magnet. Guess being smol and cute can trigger gayness in girls.

Yes, indeed, being smol and cute can trigger gayness. However, gayness can also come in a medium or large combo set with fries.

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

Girl school means more gays yay

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah, Kagami only being courteous to Indou after finding out she's pretty is not a good look at all. She seems like a shallow asshole so far.

Mikoto_to_aru_kagaku_no_railgun
joined Feb 18, 2018

The story somehow reminds me of Straweberry Panic

joined Oct 10, 2016

ARGH, bully x victim, whyyyyyyy~ why Indou must fall in love with that violent blonde, not that cute short haired cadet.. UGH!

Not gonna read that. I hate bully x victim relationship.

ALSO bullying tag.

last edited at Jul 23, 2018 6:05AM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Very promising first chapter. I really hope there's no love Strawberry Panic-esque love triangle in store because those really make me sad and angry.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Yeah like some other people here I'm not a big fan of Kagami so far but I've not given up hope. I'll accept her bitch personality if they give some backstory to the reason, so hoping she's an asshole for a reason not just because.
Well at least I'm hoping that this don't becoming one of those story where she's too stubborn to confess so the author have to make Indou magically fall in love with her and does the confessing. For all her bullying, she should be the one that chases after Indou and does the confessing herself. Well there's also the unlikely chance of main pairing not winning but I'm not getting my hopes up

Screen%20shot%202017-12-10%20at%208.19.31%20pm
joined Dec 26, 2013

Sign me the heck up!

Edit: Also why do I have that inkling feeling that she'll turn that Stray Dog title into a War Dog one cause you know military and all.

last edited at Jul 23, 2018 7:27AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I understand the creator has devoted a lot of their time to create this piece and I thank them for adding more yuri to this world lol but...
People, get ready to get triggered. If you're going to get triggered ignore me :P it's just my sucky opinion lol

Trigger Happy Time lol:

"Trigger" doesn't mean what you think it means.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

ARGH, bully x victim, whyyyyyyy~ why Indou must fall in love with that violent blonde, not that cute short haired cadet.. UGH!

Not gonna read that. I hate bully x victim relationship.

ALSO bullying tag.

How is there “bullying”? Kagami is snooty and dismissive when Indou looks like a street urchin, and she looks like the “stern senpai” type—this is the military, after all, and enforcing the rules and modeling proper behavior is her freaking job—but she does nothing remotely resembling “victimization.”

Read up a little on the real training methods of the Imperial Japanese Army in this period, and you’ll see that Indou just met up with a couple of cuddly big sisters at a holiday camp for girls.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm on-board.

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

This series seems interesting,,
Yuri, Military, and also some kind of loli,,, nice
I will waiting for the next chapter...

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

Very promising first chapter. I really hope there's no love Strawberry Panic-esque love triangle in store because those really make me sad and angry.

hahaha,,,I understand that feeling too... and this series looks interesting,,,

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

I don’t really like Kagami, she made a shitty first-impression for me :/

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don’t really like Kagami, she made a shitty first-impression for me :/

Man, you guys seem to have no eye for the “seems scary but turns out to be nice” ones.
Yagami is already nice—the chapter ends with her giving Cadet Hamster a hug and a welcome.

There’s something about Indou that throws the two older girls off when they see her cleaned up. I don’t think it’s entirely that they want to take her back to the barracks and use her as a huggy pillow (and who doesn’t?)—I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the mystery of who her parents were.

EDIT: I said that last part, but in looking back over the story, either there’s some mystery about our girl or this military academy has the thirstiest senpai in yuri history—and that’s saying a lot.

last edited at Jul 23, 2018 10:20AM

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

I'm excited for more of this

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

As this gets started and before the inevitable arguments about the “realism” of various developments get underway, it’s worth remembering how much of an utter and complete fantasy it is to imagine female officers in the pre-WWII Japanese military.

Even to speculate about what female cadet training in that period would entail requires more suspension of disbelief than to imagine a sunken battleship turned into a starship—so much about that world would have to have fundamentally changed that it wouldn’t resemble the actual historical reality in the slightest.

Which is great for our story, because that historical reality was pretty terrible for military inductees and many times worse for non-elite women. Even today Japan ranks very low among developed nations for gender equality in all areas, including its armed forces.

Doing away with military forces entirely is too much to hope for at this point in history, but if armies could be persuaded to compete on the basis of cuteness rather than the ability to kill people and blow things up it would be a massive step forward in human evolution.

last edited at Jul 23, 2018 10:03AM

joined Feb 1, 2017

Hopefully this isn't going to be a harem. Hopefully.
But dang, the ponytail girl judges someone by their looks. I mean, a 180 degree change right after finding out the scruffy kid was cute? Don't know how I feel about that.

Also, I thought that this was going to be about delivery... not quite what I expected but I am pleased with what I found. Except if it becomes harem because harems seem too half hearted for me.

last edited at Jul 23, 2018 10:13AM

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

this has crazy anime potential

joined Jul 26, 2016

Promising, but i wonder about their age difference the mc looks like a kid. I'm not into loli shit but it has a great art so i will let it slide.

Two years, give or take, since Kagami and Ooba are third-years and Indou is a freshly enrolling first-year. That kind of growth difference is plenty plausible at that age, nevermind now that the implication seems to be that the MC grew up quite poor - bad nutrition doesn't exactly hasten someone's physical developement. (Case in point, it wasn't unheard-of for poorer young men to only start undergoing puberty during their national service in still-impoverished postwar Finland - for the first time in their lives they were getting enough to eat in the military.)

But dang, the ponytail girl judges someone by their looks.

This is alt-history Twenties or so, still a grossly classist time worldwide so if anything she's just displaying standard period social prejudices. And Kagami seems to be a stickler for military "spit and polish" so it's no wonder she frowns on Indou's initial street-beggar habitus. Note that she has no objections whatsoever to her entering the academy, merely wondering how she's going to pass the physical and basically wishing her good luck.
No doubt they get all kinds there, and modern militaries rather like to imagine themselves as giving even the most initially unpromising human material a chance to "be all that they can be".

@ Blastaar: FWIW going by the civilian fashions this seems to be the equivalent of the Taisho period rather than Showa. Not sure of the specific chronology of the insane militarism from the Kwantung Army infecting the home isles but as I understand for the most part things were still pretty civilized back then.

last edited at Jul 23, 2018 11:27AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

BladE1337A posted:

this looks really promising, and man, the blonde was supposed to be an annoying and scary character, but she went in a couple of pages to a 100% gentleman, it's nice that she didn't act all tsundere and immediately aimed for her.

She didn't really strike me as tsundere. She comes across to me as someone who's generally kind but also holds people to high standards and doesn't really hold back. Or at least that's the impression I'm getting after the first chapter.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

@ Blastaar: FWIW going by the civilian fashions this seems to be the equivalent of the Taisho period rather than Showa. Not sure of the specific chronology of the insane militarism from the Kwantung Army infecting the home isles but as I understand for the most part things were still pretty civilized back then.

Right, the looser cultural zeitgeist of the 20’s was a far cry from the later period. But, although I’m not deeply read in the area, my understanding of Japanese military protocols of the entire modern era is that while in theory it was benignly paternalistic (everyone in the military hierarchy standing in kind of familial relationship) in practice it would be quite dictatorial, with corporal punishment (including group punishments when one member messed up) and casual physical abuse even of junior officers being fairly common.

And women in the military would have been pretty much unthinkable.

I’m just pointing out some context because I’m a little concerned that when officers start barking orders at the hamster and she gets scolded for screwing something up, readers around here are going to interpret it as a hellish ordeal rather than the hearts-and-flowers reimagining of a pretty harsh reality that this story seems likely to be.

last edited at Jul 23, 2018 11:53AM

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

How is there “bullying”? Kagami is snooty and dismissive when Indou looks like a street urchin, and she looks like the “stern senpai” type—this is the military, after all, and enforcing the rules and modeling proper behavior is her freaking job—but she does nothing remotely resembling “victimization.”

Read up a little on the real training methods of the Imperial Japanese Army in this period, and you’ll see that Indou just met up with a couple of cuddly big sisters at a holiday camp for girls.

It's called having a shitty personality.
Sneering at someone's misfortune/having a shitty personality isn't a requirement for the Imperial Army.

To reply you must either login or sign up.