"I'll have to ask you to become my bride!"
one of the girls keeps a photoalbum of "dainty girls"
girl in the second chapter cups the main's cheek
not even a subtext tag

DR wut...

last edited at Jul 7, 2018 6:02PM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I guess there are lots of interpretations of what happens when a magical girl hits a mature age. So they don't age but they can't use magic when they are retired?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I like the comedy this time, is super cute like any Kirara series but we have these "old ladies" being neet or just plain useless together, not the usual stuff hehe.
Plus there's a yuri girl already ... ANIME WHEN?!

joined Oct 13, 2014

subtext? considering one of their fantasies is it really subtext?

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I ended up reading chapter 1 before chapter 0, but chapter 0 seems to be just an extra chapter to introduce the chatacters anyway. lol

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

subtext? considering one of their fantasies is it really subtext?

Is this the subtext? Is this just fantasy?

I guess there are lots of interpretations of what happens when a magical girl hits a mature age. So they don't age but they can't use magic when they are retired?

Gamma used the same interpretation, but for drama, rather than comedy. I think the whole stop-aging part is a realistic take on whether a sane person would want to go back to the life of an adult Japanese woman (with all that implies) after being exposed to so much personal power as a child or teenager. Having them stop aging after losing their powers is a symbolic "No!" to that question.

Of course, the best answer is still "keep your powers, get a job as a magical combat instructor, and marry your ex-rival magical girl", but Nanoha seems to be the only one who figured out a way to do it.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

It'd kinda make more sense if they'd stop aging while magical girls. But immortality isn't a bad deal for a stint saving the world from horrorterrors.

Too bad about that pension, though.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hey, they seem to get by. And near as we've been shown thus far the only thing keeping this bunch from supplementing their "veterans' pensions" with, y'know, proper jobs is them being chronically lazy...

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

"A distant memory... An eternal melody..."
Is this Symphogear.
I swear that's a direct quote

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Hey, they seem to get by. And near as we've been shown thus far the only thing keeping this bunch from supplementing their "veterans' pensions" with, y'know, proper jobs is them being chronically lazy...

Hey, if I have to risk my life, you pay me for life.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Magical Girls are child soldiers, if you think about it.

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

I hate this author because of the shitty ending he made on Idol Pretender.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I'm still bitter about it. I'm bitter about every gender bender series that peddles the stupid ass idea that girls are just inherently attracted to men.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Magical Girls are child soldiers, if you think about it.

Only if they actually work as part of some kind of organisation, if you now want to quibble over definitions. Not really seeing how that relates though?

joined Jul 26, 2016

-- the stupid ass idea that girls are just inherently attracted to men.

That's... something of an integral and necessary part of sexual reproduction actually...

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

The art looked cute in that Sweet Magic Syndrome way, but I'm not very into this story so far. I hope the sheep is a very minor character...

That's... something of an integral and necessary part of sexual reproduction actually...

I think the point is that lesbians exist. And just in general, girls who aren't very attracted to men exist. So it's not as inherent as the vast majority of stories imply it is. Especially the weird way that gender bender stories do it. It's pretty alienating at best.

last edited at Jul 22, 2018 10:57PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

It's healthy to have an active imagination and all, but it doesn't change the fact that in reality there are a lot of women that inherently are not attracted to men.

joined Jul 26, 2016

The inherent function of sexual attraction is reproduction of the proverbial "selfish genes" as it were, and by extension the species. Since attraction to the same sex isn't the most conductive thing for reproductive success it is, alongside the lack of desire to have offspring at all, effectively a "glitch" and an inherently rather self-limiting one.
Which is why, looking at assorted surveys listed on teh Wiki, homosexuals make up something like under 10% of the population.

Necessary reminder that it's not a "stupid ass idea" but the norm already out of brute biological calculus.

Now, whether an author handles the matter well is another question entirely...

last edited at Jul 22, 2018 11:25PM

joined May 25, 2017

looks like she got akari buns

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

The inherent function of sexual attraction is reproduction of the proverbial "selfish genes" as it were, and by extension the species. Since attraction to the same sex isn't the most conductive thing for reproductive success it is, alongside the lack of desire to have offspring at all, effectively a "glitch" and an inherently rather self-limiting one.
Which is why, looking at assorted surveys listed on teh Wiki, homosexuals make up something like under 10% of the population.

Necessary reminder that it's not a "stupid ass idea" but the norm already out of brute biological calculus.

Now, whether an author handles the matter well is another question entirely...

This is very silly and pseudo-scientific. But I'm gonna stay on topic. This is just a moe comedy gag story in a high school, I don't think that The Life After Retirement of Magical Girls is going to address biological essentialism.

I hope we get a magical girl closer to the main character's age at some point. I wonder if the full focus will be on the ex-magical girls. I mostly just want to see someone with their powers still intact.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

You seem like you're just a "well actually" pedant so I'll save my breath.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I'm still bitter about it. I'm bitter about every gender bender series that peddles the stupid ass idea that girls are just inherently attracted to men.

The only good gender benders I've read are "Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl" and "Ore ga... Yuri!?" (only 3 chapters are translated out of 8 for the moment, but it seems pretty good for now).

13051743_10209394128839678_5264927321810147707_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

Just throw that thing in the trash already, dammit.

Axearmor
joined Feb 1, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_life_after_retirement_of_magical_girls_ch01#3

I'm going to read rest of the story imagining that crashing to that pole sent her to coma and she's dreaming.

Nlridingaa
joined Aug 15, 2016

I want some Kyubey and Caretaker fanart right now! :D

I was also thinking she has Akarin buns and Koveras you win the gold medal for you retierment theory.This series seems fun so far, I hope it get's an anime at some point, seems to kind of fit the current trends.

last edited at Jul 23, 2018 10:27PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.