Forum › Candy Trap discussion

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

The Yamada is just a faceless man, i see some type of sarcastic to show why girls are attracted to them even without face.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Mugino posted:

The Yamada is just a faceless man, i see some type of sarcastic to show why girls are attracted to them even without face.

ALL guys are eyeless.

Meaning they are all irrelevant.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Dropping my own opinion in the bucket, you're welcome to rip it up, I won't defend it.

I agree that as they are now, their relationship is on shaky ground. But people do change and they are still maturing. Yes it seems likely not to last long, but I also see some chance of them developing together and eventually establishing a solid relationship. Plus, this is fiction, that automatically makes me see more positive possibilities.

I also agree that she's probably accused of stealing boyfriends just because those shallow boys start chasing after her.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

It sure was a declaration of war, just not in the way she expected...

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The whole story makes both characters feel really fake and leaves you unsure about their relationship in the end, but I'm gonna chalk it up to bad storytelling. I think the author fully intended for the two of them to genuinely have feelings for each other, but it was told in such a "omg no wayyy~~~ i love you tooooo~~♡♡♡♡" that it's hard to take it seriously.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I also agree that she's probably accused of stealing boyfriends just because those shallow boys start chasing after her.

On the other hand, she did say she only liked things other people liked as well... So I think it might be a bit of both. Also, if someone hit on MC would she have reverse jealousy?

It sure was a declaration of war, just not in the way she expected...

All is fair in the war for love... wait, that wasn't it.

joined Sep 4, 2016

This won't end well. For whom, I don't know yet, but it won't xD

My thoughts exactly. Someone is going to end up with a knife in their chest. It's just the way these things go.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

♥♥
♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥
IT'S TIME TO STOP

Too many hearts
Too many hearts

I can't see this lasting, seeing as to start with one of the girls is straight and the other girl seems to get with someone new every time someone else gets in a relationship

Also that last page

Credit page was more realistic

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

It feels kind of shallow but it's also cute? It's somehow so real in how fake the girls are Lol

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

So cute hmm

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I love how the comments is 95% suspicious of the girls' relationship.

joined Apr 26, 2016

Can we please have a character with the bi tag act the same as a lesbian

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I love it when college yuri is this cute. That last panel is the best.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Was increasingly getting cautious about the story making a cheap twist at the end and make it seem as if Juri was targeting the guy all along, but everything ended up overwhelmingly great. Happy for you, Noa.

last edited at Jul 22, 2018 8:52PM

1-1%20-%20copy
joined Feb 3, 2013

WHAT THE F♥♥♥

joined Nov 27, 2017

Heh, looking at that last panel this may be Juri's first girlfriend, but she clearly understands how to lesbian it up already. She's got that unhealthy attachment and life planning thing going on already. Which is kinda delightful.

And that whole thing seems really clingy more than charming, so I doubt it's an act she put on for men.

Also, people act like there's ambiguity but I feel like the author tried to send a very clear flag with the whole "She's no longer desired" thing seemingly being something she was positive towards. It's supposed to show how against her nature it is, and that she has the intent for this to be a real thing. And I'm happy to imagine happily ever after instead of a more realistic cynicism.

They went off and gayed it up forever, and hey they managed to even dodge there being actual cheating which was nice.

joined Feb 18, 2015

BlueBerry posted:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not after reading the story lmao. I am not sure about the genuine part, the undertone is heavy af (but yuri wins so yay?). Either Juri is just an innocent victim of harsh rumours or she is the queen of seduction xD

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maple_love#2

Might be a situation like that. I think the bit at the end where the guys are talking to Juri actually backs up that it's similar to that. It's still a bit open to interpretation though admittedly.

That's one of my favorite one-shots! And I do kind of get a similar vibe from Juri.

I laughed at the credits page.

Totally! It kind of seemed like her attitude, up until that point. She seemed to be a bit more enthusiastic by the end though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.