Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

Wow, this adds whole new levels of tragedy, and not just the obvious tragic stuff.

last edited at Jul 12, 2018 4:06PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Man, when Shouko appeared in the doorway I got really excited, a shame that it was just in Sato's head

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

When will we finally change the title of this thing to "Fucked up people keep fucking up"?

Bringing this back because holy shit

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

When will we finally change the title of this thing to "Fucked up people keep fucking up"?

Bringing this back because holy shit

or "fucked up people start fucking"

...I'll go now

886f8d05.m
joined Mar 26, 2014

well, the first episode will be aired soon

joined Oct 10, 2016

well, the first episode will be aired soon

I know I shouldn't ask for this, but I don't speak japanese, do you know any good anime sites with english subtitles?

I haven't been so hyped for an anime probably since I found pokémon on youtube.

last edited at Jul 12, 2018 5:58PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well this is going to take quite awhile to catch up on. It's always one of the slowest reads amongst my subscriptions and now we get a whopping 14 chapters dropped at once, wtf.

Any particular reason it was 14 chapters at once and not released over a slower period of time?

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Any particular reason it was 14 chapters at once and not released over a slower period of time?

Releases were over a year behind, and Waterflame wanted to catch up before the anime aired. I think the team did all these chapters in the past 6 weeks.

last edited at Jul 12, 2018 7:25PM

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

"I killed someone."
"...Okay."

Shio's great.

But wow, Shio's backstory. Her mom's backstory. It feels like good, kind people just can't survive in this world :c

And Suu, Suu is alive! There's hope!

The happy, "sweet" moments in Satou's and Shio's life are making me feel bad for Asahi, we are slowly inching towards the boiling point there.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

"I killed someone."
"...Okay."

Shio's great.

But wow, Shio's backstory. Her mom's backstory. It feels like good, kind people just can't survive in this world :c

And Suu, Suu is alive! There's hope!

The happy, "sweet" moments in Satou's and Shio's life are making me feel bad for Asahi, we are slowly inching towards the boiling point there.

Yeah, Shio's response there was my favorite part. The author has been teasing us for so long about what would happen if Shio found out about Satou's... indiscretions, and when she finally told her the truth, Shio barely reacted at all.

On the other hand, Yuuna's story was just the worst. It was just so unnecessarily fucked up. When I first picked up Chapter 29 and saw on the first page she was pregnant, I think I put it down and didn't look at it again for over a month. Same thing with the part in Chapter 30 where her parents died. Of course I knew these things were coming, but it was just so unpleasant to read.

My prediction now (and I can actually make predictions because the releases are up-to-date with the original!) is that Satou and Shio will never make it out of the country. Or even out of the city.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Wow, that is a lot of this series to take in at once

Shio has a personality and agency now! And is totally on board with Satou's craziness, which I wouldn't have expected

Shio's backstory is some depressing shit. Sato's actually doesn't seem that bad?

In the present day things seem to be going too well, which makes me think the climax is soon

last edited at Jul 12, 2018 8:14PM

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

The saddest victim in this whole story is Shio's mom. Honestly though I think she shoulda become tougher, her personality is too weak and if she happens to remarry again the same thing will happen because she's too submissive. A guy she just met dragged her in the street and she didn't bother to scream and resist. At least that's as much info as I can gather from the story. I don't want to see as though I'm victim blaming because the faults are with the parents and the piece of trash "husband", but she could have done something more for her own children and herself. Run to a woman shelter or police and report him would help.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Shio's mother's story was very hard to read. She didn't deserve any of that and her life just spiraled into the worst possible thing through no fault of her own. And it made it worse that we knew it would end with her being alone.

The_Dog_Lives
Rnbl
joined Sep 2, 2013

Damn it all i'm starting to love Sato's aunt despite (or maybe due to) her craziness. Looking a lot like Plutia helps as well.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Wow, Yuuna (Shio's mom, I'm bad with names) she was really fucked up, i mean, she surely had a terrible run.

Sato's auntie...dat woman is mad as fuck, gotta love her.

I read all the new releases in one sitting, didn't even go to pee, god this is s good, I wonder how good the anime will be.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Oh shit, I didn't realize the anime was coming out in literally two days! This is amazing! My uncle has an Amazon Prime subscription, so perhaps I should ask for his account to watch this. Then again, this is the kind of anime I don't want to tell anyone about, so I'll probably just find a streaming site elsewhere. I really hope it's good... it seems this is Studio Ezo'la or whatever's first project, so I'm a bit doubtful, but hopefully it works out all the same.

Also, yeah, poor Yuuna... those chapters were horrible to read, but I suppose they were unfortunately necessary to finally develop Shio's backstory more and all that... I thought she'd died before the story started, but it looks like I was mistaken. I hope things go well for her in the end, but, yeah, that's probably not gonna happen. Things probably won't go well for anyone, really, but I can hope...

ThatSuccubusGirl
joined Jul 8, 2018

There is so much fluff for Shiro and Sato I don't trust it.

joined Dec 16, 2017

There is so much fluff for Shiro and Sato I don't trust it.

Your institution might be correct on this. I've read /seen enough no-happy to know where this is going.

...fuck it... choo-choo! All aboard the depression train!

joined May 24, 2014

Shio's mother's story was very hard to read. She didn't deserve any of that and her life just spiraled into the worst possible thing through no fault of her own. And it made it worse that we knew it would end with her being alone.

God hates us all but he hated her above all!

joined Apr 18, 2018

I'm so wishing for the two to be together forever but this manga just kept pointing to an imminent bad ending and there's no way to predict what's gonna happen next. Dammit! Please don't kill the ship!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I just found out that Kagisora Tomiyaki is a guy. For some reason that makes the manga seem much more creepy, to me.

sweetjalapeno15
Ne
joined Nov 21, 2017

I just found out that Kagisora Tomiyaki is a guy. For some reason that makes the manga seem much more creepy, to me.

I know what you mean that definitely makes the story creepier.

ThatSuccubusGirl
joined Jul 8, 2018

That definitely makes it creepier, especially with all the sexual violence that happens.

Though I don't think it was unexpected.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Wow, that is a lot of this series to take in at once

Shio has a personality and agency now! And is totally on board with Satou's craziness, which I wouldn't have expected

Shio's backstory is some depressing shit. Sato's actually doesn't seem that bad?

In the present day things seem to be going too well, which makes me think the climax is soon

While Sato's is still bad, it seems that she's pretty much just a run of the mill psychopath for the most part

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

Damn, everything is so messed up but the characters are still trying to survive through it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.