Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Credit
joined Jul 14, 2013

Anime tag? ANIME TAG??????!!!!!!! ANIME WHEN COMMING???? NEED NOW.... 'cough*cough' sorry for my screaming, but I'd like to ask and would really be happy if someone can answer this, Is that tag for real? Will there be an Anime for this manga?

91174211_215395393136656_8792315491096985600_n
joined Dec 5, 2016

And Touko still said "I love you" to Yuu, despite everything. I haven't checked the raws, but if the translation is accurate, I wouldn't be too alarmed for the lack of kiss. I was glad Touko isn't shrugging Yuu off, at least not yet.

There's a chance they'll end up together and all, but I don't think it's gonna happen just yet. That would be things going too smoothly, and Nio has a record of unexpected plot twists and bittersweet endings.

last edited at May 30, 2018 12:01PM

joined Nov 5, 2017

I think I'm the only one who expects next chapter (the last of this volume) to have a happy conclusion, judging by the comments I'm reading lol. I don't think everything will go completely smoothly, I just imagine something like chapter 10, that had drama and tension but ended up fine. Whatever happens, I think Yuu will be able to convince Touko that everything is fine now.
I just hope Yuu won't cry, it would crush me too much

last edited at May 30, 2018 12:22PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And Touko still said "I love you" to Yuu, despite everything. I haven't checked the raws, but if the translation is accurate, I wouldn't be too alarmed for the lack of kiss. I was glad Touko isn't shrugging Yuu off, at least not yet.

There's a chance they'll end up together and all, but I don't think it's gonna happen just yet. That would be things going too smoothly, and Nio has a record of unexpected plot twists and bittersweet endings.

Thanks for the link, and I take the point—the dead beloved sibling theme certainly is reminiscent of Bloom Into You—but in that particular case, at least, going by the cues throughout the story the unexpected plot twist would have been a happy ending.

I know nothing of the Touhou material, so I probably wouldn’t recognize a plot reversal in the author’s work there if I saw one, but I can’t think of any reason inside the text or out to expect a major turnaround in this one. “Bittersweet” is certainly still in the cards—these are two people who still have yet to mutually express their feelings toward one another, after all—but this series has constructed its story so methodically all along that I’d be shocked if it were to veer in some major unexpected direction.

joined Dec 5, 2016

I know nothing of the Touhou material, so I probably wouldn’t recognize a plot reversal in the author’s work there if I saw one, but I can’t think of any reason inside the text or out to expect a major turnaround in this one. “Bittersweet” is certainly still in the cards—these are two people who still have yet to mutually express their feelings toward one another, after all—but this series has constructed its story so methodically all along that I’d be shocked if it were to veer in some major unexpected direction.

Well, it could all go predictable with a happy ending as well, but I trust Nio will want to mislead and surprise us in some way.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and I wouldn't bother with her touhou stuff unless you're really into touhou. I read some of them, and it's kinda hard to pick up the subtleties without some knowledge of that universe. I'd recommend one or two of them, tough.

last edited at May 30, 2018 1:47PM

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

A "womance" ending:
Touko: sorry, I'm a proper human now and will become an actress. Oh by the way, Yuu, I think I like boys! bye bye!
Yuu: f*k all, now I can love, I'll find a good-looking guy, marry him and become a mum of three kids. bye bye Touko, my first love.
And then Nakatani-sensei confesses that she's just another nickname for Higashiyama Shou

I hate you.

Oh fuck it's gonna be something like this ain't it

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Damn it, Yuu. Took you long enough.

And yes, any time is a good time to tell somebody you love them. I have no idea why that would even be an issue, seeing how Touko has been waiting for you to say exactly that for ages now.

Man, why do all my favorite yuri stories always turn out to be so frustrating?

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

That would be things going too smoothly, and Nio has a record of unexpected plot twists and bittersweet endings.

Eh maybe, that one's definitely bittersweet and plays into the "I can't be myself without my other sibling" theme. It was her original submission for the contest wasn't it. It's also het and the story points are vastly different though, so I don't think it's the best reference point.

Just for fun and so I have an excuse to re-read her yuri stories, I've categorized them. A lot are Touhou, which may be why not everybody's familiar with them. Some may not be considered yuri by everybody and the categorizing is my interpretation.

Sad/bad/bittersweet endings: Tsukinaki, Luminous Butterfly, Unfair Randomizer, Soft Enclosure, Nagi wo Matsu 1, The Idol Diagonally Opposite Me

Ambiguous endings (ambiguous in terms of whether it's yuri/how things go after story ends): Research on a Certain Flower, Guardian of Scars, Always in Profile, Q's Copyist

Happy endings/yuri couple: Silver Fire, Spectral Feelings, Relation Valley, The Bittersweet Blue, Mokoukeine short comic, Imaginary Anata, Happiness is the Shape of a Wound, Halloween Oneshot, Commearification

Pretty even spread all things considered, slightly weighted in favor of happy endings. The more important thing to keep in mind is these stories are written in a way which lend themselves to the ending that completes them. There are no plot twists or bittersweet endings which come out of no where. With how long Bloom has been going on, and how much we've seen of its direction, I think it's highly unlikely there'll be a bad ending.

last edited at Jun 1, 2018 4:47AM

joined Mar 28, 2018

That would be things going too smoothly, and Nio has a record of unexpected plot twists and bittersweet endings.

Eh maybe, that one's definitely bittersweet and plays into the "I can't be myself without my other sibling" theme. It was her original submission for the contest wasn't it. It's also het and the story points are vastly different though, so I don't think
Sad/bad/bittersweet endings: Tsukinaki, Luminous Butterfly, Unfair Randomizer, Soft Enclosure, Nagi no Matsu 1, The Idol Diagonally Opposite Me

Nagi wo Matsu 2 never

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Eh maybe, that one's definitely bittersweet and plays into the "I can't be myself without my other sibling" theme. It was her original submission for the contest wasn't it. It's also het and the story points are vastly different though, so I don't think
Sad/bad/bittersweet endings: Tsukinaki, Luminous Butterfly, Unfair Randomizer, Soft Enclosure, Nagi no Matsu 1, The Idol Diagonally Opposite Me

Nagi wo Matsu 2 never

I couldn't find it, do you mind sharing how you read it.

last edited at Jun 1, 2018 4:44AM

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

OOOOOOHHHHHH OOOOOOHH I CAN'T SAY ANYTHING I CAN ONLY JUST OOH OMG
WHAAAAAAAAAAA

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Why did Yuu's idea of what love should feel like come from shoujo manga?

She's just a 16-year-old who had never fallen in love. She had no idea how being in love felt so she just assumed it felt similar to the romance stories she had read. I don't see anything unrealistic about it given her age. While she is smart and mature about most things, she's still a teenager who is inmature when it comes to love and is just understanding what love is and what it means for her. I know there are people like her irl too.

She's generally a smart, perceptive, logical person. She sees through Touko's mask within days of meeting her when the only other person to know the real Touko is her best friend of several years.

Yuu was completely unaware of Touko's real personality at the beginning. She didn't find out about it because she is perceptive, but rather because it was Touko who showed her her real self and opened up to her. You see this in chapter 5 when Yuu is confused about Touko's desire to be perfect. It's not until chapter 10 when Yuu figures out Touko completely and admits she misunderstood her. And Sayaka has known Touko only for a year when the manga started, if anything Sayaka is the one who is very perceptive because she realised that Touko was putting a facade despite Touko not showing her her real self.

From the start of this manga I've had this uncomfortable feeling which I think was because I couldn't understand Yuu or Touko. Their mindsets seemed completely alien to me. As it went on we start to understand why Touko acts the way she does but Yuu's original thoughts on love still make no sense to me. She seems too smart to have had her whole idea on how love is supposed to happen come from fiction.

Yuu feels like a real person to me. I feel all characters in this series feel very human but I feel Yuu's multidimensional character stands out. That's just my opinion though. Like I said, just because she's very smart on some areas doesn't mean she knows every real life issue. The story is about her understanding love after all.

Seconding every single word here.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I reckon, Saeki will ask Touko out, and she'll agree

Hahahahaha honestly with the general vibe I've gotten from this manga the past years, TokyoxYuu has to be endgame. And my gut feeling's usually pretty on point.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

And yes, any time is a good time to tell somebody you love them. I have no idea why that would even be an issue, seeing how Touko has been waiting for you to say exactly that for ages now.

Touko explicitly told her, repeatedly, not to fall in love with her, that she couldn't love someone who loves her, because she hates herself. There's a good possibility that she might not actually respond to it the way she thought she would, and her recent progress definitely makes a positive reaction more likely than it was, but she definitely hasn't been waiting for Yuu to say "I love you". Have you even been reading this manga?

joined Mar 28, 2018

Touko explicitly told her, repeatedly, not to fall in love with her, that she couldn't love someone who loves her, because she hates herself. There's a good possibility that she might not actually respond to it the way she thought she would, and her recent progress definitely makes a positive reaction more likely than it was, but she definitely hasn't been waiting for Yuu to say "I love you". Have you even been reading this manga?

And don't forget Touko's attitude to the words I love you.

If you did that, I would fall out of love with you.

The word love is like a shackle.

I love you.

Don't ever change.

For Touko "I love you" is a magic spell so Yuu remains the kind girl who tolerates her eccentricities and demands. Saying it to Yuu let's her deal with her anxiety by being reassured she has someone who will always be there for her. Or at least it did. The whole aquarium date contradicts her previous relationship with Yuu. What keeps standing out to me was the exchange at the aquarium when Touko seems to be fishing for Yuu to say she wanted to see her, and Yuu's dissembling. When Yuu is lying or hiding something she looks away from the person, and that is not Yuu's normal complaining.

But if Touko doesn't need to say I love you anymore, if her relationship with Yuu is built on dealing with her own anxiety, then will she still want the girl she fell in love with because she'd be nice to her and help relieve her anxieties?

last edited at Jun 3, 2018 10:49PM

Rikyako%20elephant
joined Sep 26, 2016

YUU. DONT DO IT. nOO. other than that- hurraaaah we know that yuu is in love with touko now!! FUN.

joined Jan 21, 2018

If she confesses to her wont that mean she wont love yuu anymore. I want her to do it but i cant stand to see them apart

last edited at Jun 7, 2018 6:39AM

joined Sep 25, 2015

AAAAAAAAAH! I wonder what's gonna happen next. I hope she'll just keep it to herself but blurt it out to Saeki while Touko accidentally hears it. Then drama will ensue but I'm still hoping for a good ending.
I bought the 4 volumes from my local bookstore with my college allowance. I hope I'm not making a bad investment.

joined Dec 5, 2016

I bought the 4 volumes from my local bookstore with my college allowance. I hope I'm not making a bad investment.

You are, but I can totally relate.
Edit: Also, I'm surprised your local bookstore happens to have this. Where I live I could only get it via amazon.

last edited at Jun 12, 2018 9:52PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Well, since Touko has apparently snapped out of her "I must be my sister" state of mind, maybe she'll be more open to a confession now… It's probably safer to consolidate the relationship a little more first, though.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

In the end, they graduate, go to different colleges, get a boyfriend, get married and it all becomes a sweet memory they will tell their grandchildren.

Joke aside, I can't see this manga going beyond the graduation of Touko.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nya-chan posted:

In the end, they graduate, go to different colleges, get a boyfriend, get married and it all becomes a sweet memory they will tell their grandchildren.

In the second season, Yuu will experience the feeling of hating someone for the first time...As she battles for the position of student council president.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Nya-chan posted:

In the second season, Yuu will experience the feeling of hating someone for the first time...As she battles for the position of student council president.

Ooh, is she also going to be threatened with expulsion by someone’s older sister if she doesn’t win?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Nya-chan posted:

Ooh, is she also going to be threatened with expulsion by someone’s older sister if she doesn’t win?

For some reason I'd really like to see people work on the yuri expanded universe now

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Seira posted:

Nya-chan posted:

That was the condition set by the higher-ups to make a second anime season u.u.

But jokes aside, we got some veeeeery nice bonus pages for the Aniversary of dengeki Daioh, not sure if we will get it here (it's only one page 4koma and another one with a good illustration) so maybe I should hold back before sharing it.

last edited at Jun 20, 2018 9:02PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.