Forum › Swap ⇔ Swap discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

Fuyumi seems like one of those people who's fine with solitude but enjoys company well enough, though (not unlike Haruko in that regard) - Akiho seems to have been the first friend she made and she didn't seem to be particularly troubled by the whole thing beforehand. She's also gradually starting to warm up to Natsuki & Co. and doesn't have any principal objections to widening her/their social circles so there's that.

Anyways. Those two for all intents and purposes grew into their particular relationship, given it started when they were still in elementary school. It's likely intuitive to them now in the same vein as their relationships with their family members; something you don't question, think about or need to specifically define or label unless you have some specific reason to (which usually means some level of unpleasant drama or strife).

That certainly doesn't make them a very useful point of reference for someone going through the (relatively) regular kinds of teenage romantic shenanigans of course, since in that context considerable quantities of time and anxiety tend to go into worrying and fretting over the specifics of the relationship. A fair bit of common ground is missing from the respective experiences.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

She's also a troll and would hardly be the only one curious about how widely applicable the bodyswap thing is...

she's such a troll indeed lol
but sometimes this type of char can be the most crazy n possessive one, you can't tell if they're being serious or just trolling.

joined Jul 26, 2016

FWIW Akiho actually did get cold feet about following through with her teasing. One also notes the kissing bit was the only thing Fuyumi has ever expressed a smidgen of jealousy over, so it doesn't seem very far-fetched to assume the act holds real emotional gravitas to them both - quite possibly more than they realised before the matter was brought up.

Incidentally, Haruko by comparison... ( . )( . ) ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)

last edited at May 8, 2018 3:59PM

joined May 23, 2015

Yeah but I maintain that intent is important, and you yourself have said they would not likely definitively identify themselves as lovers.

And you'll still have a hard time convincing people that their relationship is a completely normal dating one, not some special case. So again, the appearance of a regular pair of lovers IS something new.

Though you seem to have a pretty wrong impression of Haruko.

last edited at May 9, 2018 9:54AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

They're unlikely to definitively identify themselves as anything because they don't need to. Think about it as similar to the reflexive bond between family members with a reasonably healthy relationship; "because they're family!" "and?" "...because family."

I know I personally couldn't actually define that meaningfully more coherently; same way as I'd actually have a bit of a hard time giving a very detailed description of said family members' physical appearances because it's something you don't pay conscious attention to. It just is and you normally never even think about the whole thing.

Akiho and Fuyumi would basically be that but in the "functionally married childhood friends" edition.

And, yes, as already discussed they're probably not a very good reference for a "normal" relationship following the more or less standard progression chain. Natsuko's reaction to seeing those two in action (so to speak) tends to just amount to a awed if embarassed "...wow."
Incidentally, notice how neither Haruko nor Natsuko is ever actually so gauche as to really question them about this kind of stuff? Conversely they ask the adult couple some rather (amusingly) blunt questions pretty much on first meeting.
Probably not a coincidence that the latter are nigh certainly a far more useful example for themselves...

IceCreamFortress
Utena%20smug
joined Sep 11, 2016

Volume 4 is already here?

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Volume 4 is already here?

To quote another:

Tshh shh, just enjoy :v

last edited at May 10, 2018 6:30AM

joined Nov 27, 2017

Holy shit, that is some hardcore alcoholism. Like, she's fucking up both of their bodies that way. To the point that her girlfriend is apparently often resistant to kissing her. That's super unhealthy in a lot of ways.

It's kinda playing it for laughs, but showing how much it fucks with her girlfriend's life makes it feel like it's not taking the topic too lightly. Entertaining stuff, regardless.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, it's Japanese. Everyone's an alcoholic there anyway #stereotypes

Anyway, just re-read the entire thing and came to the conclusion that after school/college they should just all move in together.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Haruko is never gonna let her go

joined Sep 23, 2017

Fuyumi just generally doesn't like anyone aside from Akiho, though. And Akiho is her only friend. The possessiveness could just as easily stem from those facts.

Did you seriously make such an utterly ridiculous "Gal Pals" argument?

Satchmo_Omega
Hedgehog
joined Feb 26, 2018

Why did Natsuko do that? Are we in for some drama in this cute comedy manga?

joined May 23, 2015

Look, all I'm really saying is that the series itself hasn't said anything definitively either way. And that until it does, Akiho and Fuyumi's relationship is in a bit of a Schrodenger state, and is entirely up to how someone interprets the characters.

Sure, they are effectively already dating, but in many respects so are Natsuko and Haruko. And I can't help but see Fuyumi and Akiho's relationship as being more similar to a more comfortable version of Natsuko and Haruko's than I can to Chinatsu and Miharu's. And I don't think I'm the only one.

So until the series actually touches on it, you're entirely free to disagree with the interpretation, but Chinatsu and Miharu being definitive about it is definitely something novel.

last edited at May 16, 2018 12:35AM

joined Mar 21, 2016

Ive been waiting for this! finally finally finally!
natsu kissed someone else other than haru!

now, it's about time for haru to kiss someone else as well, I hope the one who'd kiss by haru is sensei! I ship em so much

DynastyMaker
Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch41#8

Oh boy! Well, that answered one swapping question

On another note: I like that Ayu, likes Haruko for who she is on the inside

joined Jul 26, 2016

Question answered by accidental experiment. Good enuff. (⌐■_■)b

(Always wondered though, shouldn't that kind of accident result in rather painful clashing of teeth and likely split lips...?)

joined Mar 21, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch41#8

Oh boy! Well, that answered one swapping question

On another note: I like that Ayu, likes Haruko for who she is on the inside

it doesn't answer a thing.
ayu isn't a swapper u know, so the result is obvious

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

now, it's about time for haru to kiss someone else as well, I hope the one who'd kiss by haru is sensei! I ship em so much

How...is that a good thing? If kisses become more normal between pairings it kinda ruins the yuri.

joined Mar 21, 2016

Question answered by accidental experiment. Good enuff. (⌐■_■)b

(Always wondered though, shouldn't that kind of accident result in rather painful clashing of teeth and likely split lips...?)

it would be nice if haru kissed ayu in her own body, n then her swap ability is lost afterwards.
or mybe, haru did lose her swap ability now, n
she wouldn't be able to swap back with natsu

joined Jul 26, 2016

...not really seeing what'd be nice about that. And given there's thus far been no explanation for the ability and why some people have it and most don't, but it's more or less established that if you have it it's for life, that'd mainly be an egregious Ass Pull. :/

joined Mar 21, 2016

How...is that a good thing? If kisses become more normal between pairings it kinda ruins the yuri.

well, it wasn't yuri romance to begin with.
swap swap is a story about cute girls doing cute fun things (mostly kissing) togethe,
remember when chitose went berserk kissing everybody, toshino kyouko literally kissed her back lol, it's really fun XD
swap swap isn't serious yuri manga, I like said before, it's just a story about cute girls doing cute kissing things together lol
so don't worry, it won't ruin the series, there won't be any stupid drama

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Ok... so apparently, as of now, everyone is gay except for our closet protagonists?

joined Feb 21, 2018

well, it wasn't yuri romance to begin with.
swap swap is a story about cute girls doing cute fun things (mostly kissing) togethe,
remember when chitose went berserk kissing everybody, toshino kyouko literally kissed her back lol, it's really fun XD
swap swap isn't serious yuri manga, I like said before, it's just a story about cute girls doing cute kissing things together lol
so don't worry, it won't ruin the series, there won't be any stupid drama

The fact that it is now proven that they can swap with only their one specific partner kind of contradicts all this. Their ability can only be used with their soul mate and thats pretty damn romantic.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The fact that it is now proven that they can swap with only their one specific partner kind of contradicts all this. Their ability can only be used with their soul mate and thats pretty damn romantic.

It might simply mean they can't body-hop. A -> B -> C isn't possible. Doesn't mean that A -> C isn't as possible as A -> B.

joined Feb 21, 2018

It might simply mean they can't body-hop. A -> B -> C isn't possible. Doesn't mean that A -> C isn't as possible as A -> B.

Unless this caused by some grand wizard with a book of rules I highly doubt this is the case. This is intended to finally answer the question that has been asked since the very beginning.

To reply you must either login or sign up.