Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

At first, I was a bit irked by Touko's monologuing at at the end of the play: even though I know how theater works, I still think there must have been a subtler way to show the protagonist's character development there, especially given how awesome the author (both in- and out-of-universe) has used Touko's mad acting skills in the previous acts. Then it hit me that Koyomi must have dropped the anvil on purpose, just to force Touko to say those words out loud, for her own good.

I also agree with previous comments that the play was not the climax, but the setup for the climax. While Touko is riding the euphoria right now, I expect a crash to come pretty soon, when she actually gives it some thought what she wants to do now. Still, I would love to see Yuu become the focal character next instead...

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

guys guys guys guys motherfucking anime confirmed OMFG it s happening everybody stay calm.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

EXCITED FOR THE ANIMEEE
2018 THE YEAR OF MORE YURI ANIMEEE

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I love how everyone is spreading the news like the freaking Gospel, myself included. XD

joined Jul 29, 2017

Excellent use of the karate chop to the head to get her attention, she was surprised !! Yuu was getting her point across very well. I agree with everybody the matter is not over yet! might see some interaction/reaction between Yuu, Touko and Sayaka I can get very interesting I suspect that Sayaka and Yuu let their feelings known if Touko pick it up. Yes were was the writter Koyomi of the play? I wonder if Akari might start noticing Suguru after the play? so many questions no?
And finaly I would like to hear the conversation between Touko and her parents.

Bugs Bunny .....Brother what a way to run a railroad!!!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Good chapter. I'm smelling a satisfying (acceptable) yet bitter sweet ending.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Damn, my feels. This is definitely one of my favorites, and I can't wait to see where things go from here; as others have said, the play is over, but the story is far from. Plus, the anime is coming at some point, so there's that to look forward to...

last edited at May 2, 2018 7:57AM

ametueraspirant
80e3d94cc0506fdcdd4caca92582f00c
joined Mar 4, 2014

I'm still not remotely ready for the emotional turn this series has taken.

joined Mar 28, 2018

This has been everything I look forward to in a yuri series. Yeah, the play was everything that one would expect... but I'm still so glad to see it. And it was still a better production than I expected. I was kinda expecting Sayaka to find out the deal with Yuu and Touko... and to be driven by empathy (imagining herself in Yuu's position) to yell at Touko.

And if the anime gives a het ending to all this, I fully expect it to still include the Sayaka side story to completely undermine itself.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And if the anime gives a het ending to all this, I fully expect it to still include the Sayaka side story to completely undermine itself.

This series has had about the least het inflection short of the 404: Men not found tag that I can possibly imagine. Anything's possible, of course, but the male het pickings in the manga itself are pretty slim.

• Maki: Don't play that game.
  • Akari's crush: Lying dickwad.
  • Glasses-kun: Akari's next target.

I guess we should be on the lookout for an anime-only male character or a reworking of one of the student-council geeks as a Warning: Slippery when het signal.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This series has had about the least het inflection short of the 404: Men not found tag that I can possibly imagine. Anything's possible, of course, but the male het pickings in the manga itself are pretty slim.

• Maki: Don't play that game.
  • Akari's crush: Lying dickwad.
  • Glasses-kun: Akari's next target.

I guess we should be on the lookout for an anime-only male character or a reworking of one of the student-council geeks as a Warning: Slippery when het signal.

Jesus christ they can't possibly make it a het ending. o.o It is popular in Japan as a yuri work and Nakatani had better throw a fit if that was ever suggested.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Jesus christ they can't possibly make it a het ending. o.o It is popular in Japan as a yuri work and Nakatani had better throw a fit if that was ever suggested.

That’s almost word-for-word the alternative post I considered writing, but I had too much fun thinking about the tiny herd of boys in the series and their obvious shortcomings as potential romantic leads.

So I’m glad you did it.

joined Mar 28, 2018

... what about the guy who confessed to Yuu before the story even started?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

... what about the guy who confessed to Yuu before the story even started?

Aaargh! You're right. Surely he has gone off to be a hermit in the mountains after that rejection . . .

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Holdddd up. Anime? When?? Where was I? Huh??

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Holdddd up. Anime? When?? Where was I? Huh??

Yes. This coming October. Not in places where the news exploded, apparently. Yes.

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

If I was Touko’s father, I would say something like this.
http://imgur.com/f9kFN1I

last edited at May 3, 2018 6:02AM

482109_603099446373193_1510899927_n
joined Apr 27, 2013

Now I really wonder how things would turn out

DemacianSentry
Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

Character development. Good. Chemistry development. Good. Unscripted future. Good. I'm seeing all the things I want to see in this genre. Nothing is set in stone (or obviously so). I like it, keep going. I mean, I know how I want it to end (as I'm sure many of you have your own hopes), but it isn't about me (or any reader). It's about the story as a whole. Good.

Img_2661
joined Dec 23, 2015

I sense drama coming

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Touko's reactions on pp. 11-12 look a lot like Yuu's walking up to her and smacking her was not in the script. Sayaka's baffled stare on p. 9 also makes me think Touko might have ad-libbed her previous line - maybe Yuu saw that from the sidelines and was encouraged to one-up.

last edited at May 5, 2018 11:50AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Touko's reactions on pp. 11-12 look a lot like Yuu's walking up to her and smacking her was not in the script. Sayaka's baffled stare on p. 9 also makes me think Touko might have ad-libbed her previous line - maybe Yuu saw that from the sidelines and was encouraged to one-up.

That's pretty plausible--if any cartoonist is expressive enough to visually distinguish between characters acting like they're acting on the one hand and giving a real response while they're supposed to be acting on the other it would be Nakatani.

If Touko's line is an ad-lib, that would be the first time she's indicated that she knows Sayaka is in love with her, right?

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

If Touko's line is an ad-lib, that would be the first time she's indicated that she knows Sayaka is in love with her, right?

No, the ad-lib would be aimed at Yuu. That line doesn't quite match anything the girlfriend says during the play, let alone what Touko knows of Sayaka.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

No, the ad-lib would be aimed at Yuu. That line doesn't quite match anything the girlfriend says during the play, let alone what Touko knows of Sayaka.

Well, time will tell if the line means anything in particular at all outside of the the context of the play. As you say, Sayaka’s astonished expression suggests that it’s a surprise to her, but if so, the upshot of such an ad lib is hard to specify without more context.

I do suspect that Touko has at least some inkling of Sayaka’s feelings, though. (Again, an example of Nakatani’s “options open” narrative style: Touko might have no idea, or she might have known all along, and either one would be consistent with the previous story.)

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

If I was Touko’s father, I would say something like this.
http://imgur.com/f9kFN1I

Your kids are going to hate you if you make a habit of randomly shipping them with people you've never met. ;p

To reply you must either login or sign up.