Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I did not think it was very dramatic, just sad. Yuu just realised that what made her special to Touko is gone, and she wanted to remain special. She is sad about that but so far I don't see Yuu giving up on their relationship or anything. I think she may be thinking that Touko doesn't need her anymore since she has her family and friends to rely on too. This may cause her to think that Touko doesn't want to keep their relationship or doesn't love her any longer. Of course, Yuu is wrong, and all the hints point that Touko will tell her that she still wants to be with her. And Yuu is still special after all, just not for the same reasons as before. I mean, the love towards your family and friends is different than the one you feel for your lover. I think this little "misunderstanding" will be resolved at the end of the volume, after Touko talks with her family and friends.

Thanks for this. There's a toxic version of that: "I'm the only one who truly understands you, so don't fix the things that have kept you isolated from other people" aka "No one else will ever love you, so you have to stay with me." I know that's a million miles from anything our darling Yuu would do, but we've already had some hints, mostly in the last chapter, that there will be some wistfulness on Yuu's part when the Touko only she has known goes more public.

I want to put in request right now for for a cute Yuu/Sayaka commiseration scene: i.e., "Our private Touko has grown wings and left the emotional nest--let's have a drink." So if anybody's listening out there . . .

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Mai-HiME spoilers below:

You dont seriously think that she just Kissed her, right? The scene totally looked like rape.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Awww Yuu.. I'm hoping for a happy end for both sides

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Does anyone have the raws? Or knows where to find them?

You dont seriously think that she just Kissed her, right? The scene totally looked like rape.

Natsuki overhears a rant from a homophobe and assumes something happened which didn't. There's a reason why that "flashback" has a unique style, only appears when Natsuki hears Yukino talking despite her remembering the kiss, and is coupled with an unreliable visual style which has a demonstrably false representation of the scene (as we, the viewer, already saw it from an omniscient 3rd person perspective, and it contradicts Natsuki's "memory").

It's incredibly clear that it was her imagining the worst based upon overhearing a homophobic rant; the show does everything in its power to tell you that. Go watch the scene again, and pay attention to it this time.

Honestly. I have no idea where this debate even came from, given how ham-fisted the whole "THIS IS A FAKE IMAGINATION" thing is. Ohara really didn't want any ambiguity there, and there wasn't any, and yet the debate continues on anyway.

I think people are just so used to having sexual assault in fiction that, when a narrative arc subverts that trend, they assume it's playing it straight instead. There was also the confusion about Natsuki's sexuality, despite her kissing Shizuru and saying she loves her, and Mai referencing them dating in the end of the final episode. Absolutely bizarre.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 2:31PM

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Natsuki overhears a rant from a homophobe and assumes something happened which didn't. There's a reason why that "flashback" has a unique style, only appears when Natsuki hears Yukino talking despite her remembering the kiss, and is coupled with an unreliable visual style which has a demonstrably false representation of the scene (as we, the viewer, already saw it from an omniscient 3rd person perspective, and it contradicts Natsuki's "memory").

It's incredibly clear that it was her imagining the worst based upon overhearing a homophobic rant; the show does everything in its power to tell you that. Go watch the scene again, and pay attention to it this time.

Honestly. I have no idea where this debate even came from, given how ham-fisted the whole "THIS IS A FAKE IMAGINATION" thing is. Ohara really didn't want any ambiguity there, and there wasn't any, and yet the debate continues on anyway.

I think people are just so used to having sexual assault in fiction that, when a narrative arc subverts that trend, they assume it's playing it straight instead. There was also the confusion about Natsuki's sexuality, despite her kissing Shizuru and saying she loves her, and Mai referencing them dating in the end of the final episode. Absolutely bizarre.

SHIZURU X NATSUKI FOR LIFE

Tumblr_omrtnbr9ks1vkx8d3o5_250
joined Feb 28, 2018

https://www.facebook.com/yagakimi/
If you scroll a bit, there are raws + a rough translation in the comments.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why are we even having a Mai Hime debate here at all? Or a Citrus one, thankfully already over, for that matter?

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

https://www.facebook.com/yagakimi/
If you scroll a bit, there are raws + a rough translation in the comments.

I only need the raws, but thanks for the link to both! Will check it out.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

@Wtv thank you for the information, i really appreciate it.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

While we're all here complaining about how yuri anime always fail, I'll just mention that Marimite was adapted into 3 full length series and 5 50 minute OVAs. So clearly there is no hope for yuri anime!

To the extent there is an issue, it's that making a long running anime is always dicey. Getting a single season is not hard, but romance anime as a whole - including straight stuff - rarely gets long runs. Maybe a 26 episode run, maybe a bit more. Kimi ni Todoke got 38 episodes, and that was HUGE by romance standards. Nothing like the hundred+ episodes that shonen battle series get.

I think the last fairly long running yuri anime was probably YuruYuri, which got 3 seasons and some specials. That said, I'm not unhappy with what we get, rather I think the mediums are different and call for different stories ultimately. If you made a yuri series that fit in 13 or even 26 episodes you could anime the whole thing. Citrus is not that, and neither is Yagate Kimi ni Naru.

Don't forget also 38 or 39 LN volumes a manga and a live action movie for Marimite.

The problem with using Citrus as a example is that it is in the unusually situation where the people behind the manga put in a lot of effort to push it and get it visible instead of hoping the story became popular. Even with the anime the author years ago started pushing for a anime instead of just waiting and hoping someone picks it up. Most yuri just sit in their own little niche genre without much effort put in to take them farther. Yagate on the other hand has been something different. It has generated its fame and popularity on its own with story and quality alone without getting the strong initial push behind it. Now it has done something that few if any other yuri series have done and that is to break into mainstream rankings and successfully competing with popular series from much more popular and larger genres. Now as long as the studio doesn't drop the ball with the anime it could be another big break out success in popularity the same as how Tsuki ga Kirei as they have similar more grounded story focused based styles instead of relying on shock and drama value.

This is gonna be a long 6 months of waiting....

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

IT'S HAPPENING

OHMYGODODODDO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

I will pray the adaptation follows the original storyline, development, and atmosphere faithfully.

Have to say with the leaked art, Touko looks weird. Something about the piece as a whole feels colder, less warm. The color palette contributes to that, as well as what look like sharper angles to me. Ah well, will wait to see. So excited!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Let's note that the scriptwriter for the anime is Hanada Jukki, who wrote A Place Further than the Universe last season. Which had a pretty well written lesbian character for that matter (and vaguely implied relationship, though that was more ambiguous).

I don't know how good Studio Troyca is, though. =[

I'm also worried at how much it will adapt… If it's a 12 episode anime (which it will be, let's face it), I can't see any "climactic" point at which it could stop… The play, maybe? But 6-ish volumes seems a lot to cram in.

last edited at Apr 28, 2018 12:22PM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

A Place Further than the Universe last season

lesbian character

???

last edited at Apr 28, 2018 1:37PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I'm talking about Gin. Yeah, she's not explicitly stated to have been in love with Takako, but episode 9 makes it clear enough.

…And I finally caught up on YagaKimi (chapter 30). \o\ That first part of the play was… a bit underwhelming honestly, mostly because we already knew more or less how it was gonna unfold. I suppose the second part will have some kind of twist though.

joined Nov 5, 2017

I'm talking about Gin. Yeah, she's not explicitly stated to have been in love with Takako, but episode 9 makes it clear enough.

…And I finally caught up on YagaKimi (chapter 30). \o\ That first part of the play was… a bit underwhelming honestly, mostly because we already knew more or less how it was gonna unfold. I suppose the second part will have some kind of twist though.

I think the point is that we already know how the play is gonna end, it's not meant to have a suddenly twist at all because Yuu told Koyomi to rewrite the end that she wanted to see in Touko. Part two ends with no twists either, the raws are a few comments above. Now we know the endgame but we don't know what Yuu is going to do next.

last edited at Apr 28, 2018 4:06PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So if there’s an anime there’s going to be merch, right? So what would be the chances of . . . a Nendoroid Yuu in her nurse outfit?

Asking for a . . . just asking.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

a Nendoroid Yuu

Maybe.

in her nurse outfit?

If we dream hard enough.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

So if there’s an anime there’s going to be merch, right? So what would be the chances of . . . a Nendoroid Yuu in her nurse outfit?

Asking for a . . . just asking.

Don't you dare get my hopes up like this. Nurse Yuu and nurse Touko would be... a dream.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Don't you dare get my hopes up like this. Nurse Yuu and nurse Touko would be... a dream.

Wouldn’t it be Nurse Yuu and Patient PJs Touko? And the set comes with a hospital bed?

I’ll stop now.

last edited at Apr 29, 2018 9:53PM

297d65821adeab31d0925ea77031aa1ea9d979a3_full
joined Mar 14, 2016

The wait is getting harder and harder

But I'm not trying to hurry anybody, I'll wait as long as needed

It's just, y'know, damn

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

YagaKimi will have Anime in October
Hell yessss

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

The wait is getting harder and harder

But I'm not trying to hurry anybody, I'll wait as long as needed

It's just, y'know, damn

Well the translation is out. Just not uploaded to dynasty for some reason. Think the same thing happen last chapter too.

I have a feeling the person who was uploading them to sites changed.

last edited at Apr 30, 2018 7:23AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…By the way, am I the only who feels like digital raws kinda ruin the quality of the art? It all kinda… flattens it, ruins the greys and makes the black lines look ragged and pixelized… I kinda have this feeling about AnoKiss' raws too, but it's especially bad with YagaKimi… It's honestly a big part of the reason I haven't been enjoying the last few chapters as much. And I've experienced it with other series, including legally purchased ones... You just lose a lot of finesse and warmth compared to paper scans.

Although in Yagakimi's case, maybe it's just the scanlation team doing a horrible cleaning job, I don't know.

last edited at Apr 30, 2018 10:19AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

^I always complain about that. Digital editions are badly compressed. Mostly on amazon kindle. I don't mind resolution. But jpeg compression is killing the quality of the art. Of course, editor's excuse is "they are meant for mobile devices where you won't notice the small details." Yeah, right, because zooming is not possible on mobile devices. And there's kindle app for PC/Mac.

last edited at Apr 30, 2018 11:46AM

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

...Oi. What do you think you're thinking, Yuu-chan?

To reply you must either login or sign up.