Forum › The Real Her discussion

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I decided to review this

https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/08/01/honto-no-kanojo/

It's small, but really it's a brilliant little series. It does a lot right and is unique to boot. In spite, or perhaps BECAUSE of its subject matter it tells a just plain really nice love story. I really liked it.

Severa%20icon
joined Sep 3, 2016

best expressions i've seen in a while

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Reread it all and still awesome. ^^

joined Dec 28, 2016

What does BDSM mean?

joined Jun 12, 2015

^Bondage and Discipline, Sadism and Masochism

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

I learned it as a combination of three things:

Bondage and Discipline
Dominance and Submission
Sadism and Masochism

BD
DS
SM

Only all squeezed together (painfully, one hopes) to form a single abbreviation.

As a warm, cuddly sadist, I enjoyed the hell out of this manga. I started reading it and thought it was going to be a pure gag manga, much like the relationship between Mayami and Reina in Yandere Kanojo.

But then something happened there in the middle chapters and the characters got some actual development and then it surprisingly turned into a touching story about love and getting in touch with your inner sadist (which is a topic with which I have some experience).

Hearkening back to the discussion about the nature of BDSM from three pages and two years ago, I personally don't enjoy BDSM without sex. My relationship to BDSM without sex is roughly the same as my relationship to non-alcoholic beer or decaffeinated coffee.

That's just me, though. I am fully aware that there are many BDSM practicioners who do it in a completely non-sexual way. Way back in the day, I used to go to the Black Rose Society meetings in DC. One of the folks who started it was a guy named Jack. Jack was like this cheerful little dude who looked like a fire hydrant and acted like a leprechaun. And he was totally into non-sexual BDSM. Had a $10,000 dungeon built in his basement, but his wife wasn't into BDSM. He only had sex with her, but had a stable of willing subs who would come over and let him beat the snot out of 'em.

So anyways, yeah, I get it that those folks exist. More power to 'em. But it ain't for me. My only objection to the two-year-old-discussion-that-I-am-now-bringing-back-from-the-dead is the notion that BDSM and sex are linked only because of Hollywood and "ignorant writers". Because I was combining those two things like chocolate and peanut butter nearly 20 years before 50 Shades of Gray ever saw the light of day. And there is certainly a rich and storied history of combining those two things in fiction (e.g. Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty, The Story of O, hell even the Gor novels by John Norman).

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

I want a sequel!!!!

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

One of the best couples I read

joined Apr 25, 2016

Is this a one shot? Or a serial? Thanks in advance!

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Is this a one shot? Or a serial? Thanks in advance!

It is a completed series. It is over. Finis. The End.

Rsz_tumblr_n3y1mps9e11tr1hgao1_1280
joined Mar 16, 2017

This was a really good one, I loved the art and the progression of the MC's. The perfect topping though that really made me love it was that last chapter how she stepped in and that kiss, perfect end. Though... I think the thigh stepping at the amusement park was pretty perfect too. >_>

Img_20171030_220015_379
joined Oct 31, 2016

I'm glad that this actually had a series like the first chapter I read was from another website and I thought that this was a Oneshot. Thank god I've finally found the complete series and I love the comedy and romance it's cute af <3
This couple is one of my favorite couples related to BDSM XD

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Geez, still one of my favourite series out there, hilarious and sexy, but with lots of pure lovey dovey yuri, its got so much packed into these 13 short chapters.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Y'know, now that I think about it, this manga is kind of a logical deconstruction of stuff like Citrus or Fragtime or Notes from the Garden of Lilies. What kind of girl would stick around a bitchy love interest even after finding out that she's bitchy? Well, logically, a masochist.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Y'know, now that I think about it, this manga is kind of a logical deconstruction of stuff like Citrus or Fragtime or Notes from the Garden of Lilies. What kind of girl would stick around a bitchy love interest even after finding out that she's bitchy? Well, logically, a masochist.

Wait I went out with and still hang around a girl who's first reaction to most things is to punch me and I've come to expect it as part of my life does that make me an m. I need to know so I can quickly find an over weight middle aged man to abuse me.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Wait I went out with and still hang around a girl who's first reaction to most things is to punch me and I've come to expect it as part of my life does that make me an m. I need to know so I can quickly find an over weight middle aged man to abuse me.

Shut up and make Maki a sandwich, Nico.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Oh that was wonderful, I really like how different it was to the typical Yuri stuff that I've read.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Where the fuck did this Author go? Since 6 years im waiting for more of him

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

I've been on this site for over 2 years now and I've re-read this series at least 6 times. It confuses me why I haven't left a comment on this series before, lol. Better now than never, I suppose.
Reading this has been a weird journey...I remember first reading this even before I had an account on here, not even fully understanding what BDSM was. I thought it was just kinda silly and funny, and the characters were cute. Nothing particularly more. When I came back to read this series about a year later, I had discovered I was a switch (which is a completely different story, lol.) and this series became infinitely more fun. I've read it about 4 times after that, finding it even more enjoyable than before because I could relate with both of them on a lot of levels.
..Anyway, that was just my two cents. All in all: good series, worth every reread.

Edit: I've also found a version TLed into Korean, and read that through that about 2 times. Never gets old.

last edited at Jun 2, 2018 2:26PM

Kotori%20photobomb
joined Mar 22, 2017

Moe is a masochist

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Otakufan 375 posted:

Moe is a masochist

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Otakufan 375 posted:

Moe is a masochist

But, but that would make Yuuka a . . . say it isn’t so!

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I am sorry that I have to be the one to crush your dreams, but... I am afraid it is indeed so... She is a closeted sadist.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I am sorry that I have to be the one to crush your dreams, but... I am afraid it is indeed so... She is a closeted sadist.

That explains her behavior, then.

Ah, well, another yuri protagonist down the kink hole . . .

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, if you're just going to veer into utterly unsupported fan theories, what are we even doing here?

To reply you must either login or sign up.