Forum › Anime season

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Was kinda looking forward to Hisone to Maso-tan because of cute dragon & potato designs, but the first ep didn't leave a very good impression. Feel like everything I watched so far all has some pacing issue. I'll give this one a couple more eps though.

SAO is pretty cool! without kirito!!!!!

Is it? I didn't hear much about it so I assumed it's better to just wait for Black Fox instead

Comic girls and Major too :)

Was thinking of checking the former out. How strong is the subtext or if there's any at all?
I'm not into sports anime so Major isn't on the radar. But I'm planning on checking out the new Captain Tsubasa because muh childhood.

Start with Girl's last tour, ignore all distractions

Seconded.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Was kinda looking forward to Hisone to Maso-tan because of cute dragon & potato designs, but the first ep didn't leave a very good impression. Feel like everything I watched so far all has some pacing issue. I'll give this one a couple more eps though.

Well, it's Mari Okada, so...
I didn't find the first episode bad, but I'm expecting her to fuck up somewhere.

Is it? I didn't hear much about it so I assumed it's better to just wait for Black Fox instead

It's fun, mainly if you like shooting games. There's also some kind of yuri in the novel, but it's mostly one-sided. And we don't know if the anime will get there.

Was thinking of checking the former out. How strong is the subtext or if there's any at all?

As gay as in, like...one of the girls has a real crush on another one, other girl sexualize fantasize about the other, and MC is pretty gay for everyone.
Imagine Hidamari, but with Yuno only thinking about cute girls.

I would also recommend Hinamatsuri in general. Not for yuri, but it's pretty fun.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Anyone watching Amanchu? Has it gone het? I'm worried, and haven't dared to watch in case it does...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I overall liked the first episode, but, yeah, it could have been better. Hopefully later episodes won't be as rushed

I honestly think it's the best thing in the season. Though that's mainly down to the season being fairly mediocre

I think there's one girl that hasn't shown evidence of liking girls? The anime is also just fairly well-made

joined Feb 21, 2018

Anyone watching Amanchu? Has it gone het? I'm worried, and haven't dared to watch in case it does...

Not yet but the boy who reveals Tekos homophobia and eventually becomes Pikaris boyfriend just showed up. They probably won't adapt to that point but they can always move stuff around like 1st season. If het will stop you from watching then better just stop now.

joined Dec 4, 2016

I always assumed Amanchu was mostly all girls show with at most weak subtext. But now that it introduce the boy I don't know what it want to be anymore.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yuri Queen posted:

Not yet but the boy who reveals Tekos homophobia and eventually becomes Pikaris boyfriend just showed up. They probably won't adapt to that point but they can always move stuff around like 1st season. If het will stop you from watching then better just stop now.

Meh, I always thought it was just going to be nice slice of life with subtext at best. If it is like that, then no point reading/watching it.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Thanks for the warning. I'll rather stop than watch Amanchu get ruined by het.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Will check out SAO & Comic Girls at some point. Thanks for the recommendations, guys.

Well, it's Mari Okada, so...
I didn't find the first episode bad, but I'm expecting her to fuck up somewhere.

Can't wait for the melodrama meltdown halfway through

The amount of exposition dump on the characters (Hisone's monologuing about herself and the dude talking about why the dragon chose her) is pretty jarring to put on the first episode, especially when the premise wasn't even well established and there hasn't been enough time to get to know the characters yet. Lots of telling, not a lot of showing. So yeah, right off the bat, the writing is pretty shaky. But the art and animation have a lot of charm, so I just hope that the story is serviceable enough to not completely ruin the experience.

I would also recommend Hinamatsuri in general. Not for yuri, but it's pretty fun.

Comedy is generally my thing, but I wasn't feeling this one. Maybe I was just in a really bad mood when watching it. Heard the manga is really good though, so I'll check that out at some point.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I tried watching the new Souten no Ken because everyone was going on about the bad CGI, and they weren't kidding. I kept expecting QTE prompts to pop up.

Speaking of bad CGI, Golden Kamuy's was hilarious, too.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I thought it was good... Well, if I have to pick between awful cgi (berserk) or too realistic cgi... The choice is obvious! we're still in the early stage of fusion between 2d and 3D so things like this will keep showing up.
The wolf fur was better and less realistic, I don't know why they picked realistic fur for the bear only... That aside, Golden Kamui has one of the most interesting stories I've heard in years.

last edited at Apr 15, 2018 9:54PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Since I saw the mecha design and the pilots in the trailer I had a bad feeling from FRANXX so I avoid it (and now that I think about it, I don't remember people talking about it here?) but wow https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-04-17/anime-producer-yuichi-fukushima-endures-harassment-over-darling-in-the-frankxx-episode/.130524 I'm soooo not going to watch it, when an anime about giant robots causes fights and death treats over the waifus you know is just not worth it... What happened to you Trigger? Kiznaiver was the last thing I saw from them and they needed 7 episodes to deliver something good despite having such a good plot line.

Golden Kamui had a really funny episode 2 but the animation (And those weird purple lines) isn't helping.

last edited at Apr 17, 2018 11:28PM

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Since I saw the mecha design and the pilots in the trailer I had a bad feeling from FRANXX so I avoid it (and now that I think about it, I don't remember people talking about it here?) but wow https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-04-17/anime-producer-yuichi-fukushima-endures-harassment-over-darling-in-the-frankxx-episode/.130524 I'm soooo not going to watch it, when an anime about giant robots causes fights and death treats over the waifus you know is just not worth it...

As someone who never intended on watching that show in the first place, I am kind of curious what specifically happened in the episode to make people so upset.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Since I saw the mecha design and the pilots in the trailer I had a bad feeling from FRANXX so I avoid it (and now that I think about it, I don't remember people talking about it here?) but wow https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-04-17/anime-producer-yuichi-fukushima-endures-harassment-over-darling-in-the-frankxx-episode/.130524 I'm soooo not going to watch it, when an anime about giant robots causes fights and death treats over the waifus you know is just not worth it...

As someone who never intended on watching that show in the first place, I am kind of curious what specifically happened in the episode to make people so upset.

Monster girl and normal girl likes the MC. Monster girl becomes crazy and almost kill everyone. Normal girl send monster girl away and kiss the MC when he's sleeping. Fans of monster girl becomes crazy.

That's all.

joined Dec 4, 2016

^lol. The thing about NTR is that people will hate it but they just can't stop watching, NTR also boost show's sexual point, to create otaku obsession over heroines.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yikuph posted:

^lol. The thing about NTR is that people will hate it but they just can't stop watching, NTR also boost show's sexual point, to create otaku obsession over heroines.

Yeah but the thing is... Isn't this about giant robots?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Yikuph posted:

It's about a world where people are born in laboratory. The robots must be piloted by a boy and a girl in what it's a clear simulation of sex. Then the girl becomes the robot and the boy pilots her. By the way, they already made it clear same gender pairs won't make the robot move.
The characters technically live in a world without romance and sex, so of course that's part of the plot.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I see... they were trying to make it about shipping and ntr all along, welp! I guess is entertaining for some people but I pass

last edited at Apr 18, 2018 11:35AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Particularly I find it pretty offensive with the whole boy piloting the girl who served as just a body. But to be honest I don't watch it. I just read about the plot and follow the otaku drama.

Everyone I actually trust told me it's trash, though.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Yikuph posted:

Franxx barely has any action scenes.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

See, this is why I say I hate anime. A show becomes massively popular overnight, and regardless of whether I would like it or not, or even if it's objectively good or not, it becomes impossible to get it out of my face. Although like I mentioned before I had a feeling Darling in the FranXX wouldn't be worth my time to watch, I had the exact same feeling about Kemono Friends, and I was wrong that time.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Glad to know I missed nothing from dropping Franxx 10 minutes in.

What happened to you Trigger? Kiznaiver was the last thing I saw from them and they needed 7 episodes to deliver something good despite having such a good plot line.

That show genuinely made me mad. I was so done with it by the time of that episode in the storm with all the love polygon shenanigans and everyone crying and shit. Luluco was the superior Trigger show in the same season.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Gudetamago posted:

Glad to know I missed nothing from dropping Franxx 10 minutes in.

What happened to you Trigger? Kiznaiver was the last thing I saw from them and they needed 7 episodes to deliver something good despite having such a good plot line.

That show genuinely made me mad. I was so done with it by the time of that episode in the storm with all the love polygon shenanigans and everyone crying and shit. Luluco was the superior Trigger show in the same season.

Idk how relevant it is, but I guess it is on the topic (well it at least made me laugh).

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I want to watch Lost Song but even in Spanish the subtitles are horrible ...*sigh*

PS Thank you Kamisama for comic girls!

last edited at Apr 19, 2018 2:20PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Ruki needs to switch from teen love(?) to smutty yuri, she has so much reference material!

last edited at Apr 20, 2018 7:40AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.