Forum › Liberty discussion

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

Ahhh fuck, 4 months of waiting and all I get is drama. plz

joined Feb 21, 2018

Now this is some hardcore angst if I have ever seen it.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Ahhh fuck, 4 months of waiting and all I get is drama. plz

well yeah, it's so painful indeed.

unless you're masochist there's no way you would read this kind of stuff

joined Jul 26, 2016

...I'm increasingly convinced Honjo's boss lowkey ships them.
He's also a major troll so I guess it evens out?

And Liz seems to have some pretty unusual hang-ups. :/

joined Jan 10, 2017

Should have been nipple rings in the box. That would have made a little sense. Everybody knows she has sensitive nipples. (I don't remember any of the previous chapters, lol)

last edited at Apr 10, 2018 11:32PM

joined Aug 28, 2016

The only thing I can think of that could explain her actions is if the earrings she was wearing in chapter 2 were given to her by someone very close to her who died. If it were just an ex who left her, she wouldn't still be wearing them if her memories were that painful, and reacting that badly to being given earrings makes some sense if it makes her feel like she's "replacing" her lost love.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

She's got a horrible infections from her piercings, her lobes are all swollen and oozing, and she gets cranky whenever she thinks about it.

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 4:22AM

Harumin_8018
joined Jan 19, 2018

It's definitely an ear or earring issue.

Wow it really could be.
I'd rather that being it than it just being useless drama. This author is great so I have a feeling it's all gonna make sense in the end. But I really wish they could get it on quickly soon they are so hot together (I'd love Maki being a little more assertive tho)

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 12:00PM

Femaleshepardredd
joined Apr 7, 2018

I still think that somehow Liz and Honjo know each other from the past. Liz had a thing for the MC, went through a MAJOR makeover, became an idol and is much more confident that the then popular MC would fall for her only when she showed a glimpse of the "real her" Honjo just literally pushed her away and can only see the rockstar. We shall wait and see for god knows how long.

I was thinking along similar lines as well.

Also, for someone who had a previous relationship, Honjou is acting like she never had one before.

Yeah but Honjou had previous relationships with "normal" girls, this one is a Rockstar and with earrings issues. LMAO

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The line between "mysterious and enchanting beauty" and "emotionally withholding nutjob" can sometimes be a very fine one indeed.

Here's hoping it gets clarified in the story sooner rather than later.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Disregarding the dramatic repercussions for a moment, those earrings were super tacky. Little guitars? Come on Honjou, you can do better than that.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Disregarding the dramatic repercussions for a moment, those earrings were super tacky. Little guitars? Come on Honjou, you can do better than that.

But isn't it the thought that counts, really?

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Well, yeah. But when you receive a terrible gift, you feel guilty about not liking it, even though you appreciate the sentiment. So the downside of buying a terrible gift is that you cause the recipient to feel bad.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But seriously, that reaction wasn’t about the earrings being cute enough—she barely glances at them.

At this point I’m assuming Liz is not simply psycho, but I’m going to need some more concrete support for that theory pretty soon. Or else we can save ourselves a lot of time by just jumping straight to the boiling bunnies and bloody butcher knives.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

This whole pull-and-push relationship in fiction wears thin after a while. I'm really hoping this won't turn out like "Grapefruit" (I don't want to use its actual name).

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

But seriously, that reaction wasn’t about the earrings being cute enough—she barely glances at them.

At this point I’m assuming Liz is not simply psycho, but I’m going to need some more concrete support for that theory pretty soon. Or else we can save ourselves a lot of time by just jumping straight to the boiling bunnies and bloody butcher knives.

Agreed. Jokes aside she's gotta have some super intense earring-related relationship trauma going on. And even that isn't enough to explain her behavior, which has been incredibly mercurial, to the point of being pathological. Why start making out with someone just to scream and shove her away when she touches your ears? Ears get touched, you should know that going into making out, it's one of the perils of doing business. And why invite someone over just to yell at her and kick her out? Her persistent overtures clearly indicate she's made up her mind to seduce Honjou (who seems more than willing to be seduced), but her reactions show that she is possessed by some intense emotion that overpowers her ability to reason.

But intense emotion that overpower's one's ability to reason is one of the things I read Momono Moto for, and even if she isn't writing this one herself, it does not disappoint.

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 4:48PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This mangaka, ha-ha. Here we go...

Crying%20trash
joined Feb 8, 2018

If she has an ear issue, my guess is that deafness affected her at some point. Weather she's deaf in one ear, or had a lover that was deaf. Considering she's a singer, that could explain some things.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

If she has an ear issue, my guess is that deafness affected her at some point. Weather she's deaf in one ear, or had a lover that was deaf. Considering she's a singer, that could explain some things.

I had the same train of thought: what if Liz is actually partially deaf, but hides it so it doesn't ruin her career? That could lead to some extreme insecurity regarding everything that has to do with ears and, in turn, to major overreactions, the like of which we've seen twice so far.

(Speaking from personal experience, my significant other is affected by hearing loss, and is very sensitive to having her ears touched -- though not nearly as much as Liz.)

last edited at Apr 12, 2018 11:01AM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

She's got a horrible infections from her piercings, her lobes are all swollen and oozing, and she gets cranky whenever she thinks about it.

I almost died choking on my juice omg

joined Jun 12, 2015

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Sad to say that if this were real life, Liz flipping her shit so often would be a massive red flag.

I'm really hoping this won't turn out like "Grapefruit" (I don't want to use its actual name).

Thanks, I just spat out my water.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I had the same train of thought: what if Liz is actually partially deaf, but hides it so it doesn't ruin her career? That could lead to some extreme insecurity regarding everything that has to do with ears and, in turn, to major overreactions, the like of which we've seen twice so far.

(Speaking from personal experience, my significant other is affected by hearing loss, and is very sensitive to having her ears touched -- though not nearly as much as Liz.)

Ehhhh I think that's a bit too deep for this manga. But maybe who knows, that'd be interesting. Though my guess is there's some kind of emotional connection to her earrings and idk something from the past that happened and she's far from over it.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I think that's even more unlikely than my silly comment about her having infected piercings and reacting negatively to earrings because of that.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I realize that the “mysterious and sexy but emotionally damaged broken bird” trope is central to this story, and we all must wait patiently for Liz to emerge from her shell/be healed by the warmth and down-to-earth kindness of our MC, etc. And a rather long wait I expect it will be.

But in real-life relationship terms, I can’t help but think of one of the best pieces of advice from a therapist: “Nobody is a mind reader”—if you don’t speak up and say what’s going on with you, you can’t blame other people for not knowing. (This is the antidote to those, “If you really loved me, I wouldn’t need to say it” emotional traps.)

I know, I know, if characters in almost any kind of story communicated like normal, healthy people ought to, we’d have a hell of lot fewer stories.

But it does put a limit on my sympathy for Liz, and until she opens up in some substantial way, on my interest in her as a character.

last edited at Apr 14, 2018 11:25PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.