Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Anyone have anymore information on this?

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/ladykiller-in-a-bind

It was being advertised on the front page of the humble site for a while too, which surprised me.

There is inescapable het sex in one of the routes which the game rationalises because "its ok they're mildly feminine in mannerisms"
They aren't even a trap.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rosenakahara posted:

It was being advertised on the front page of the humble site for a while too, which surprised me.

There is inescapable het sex in one of the routes which the game rationalises because "its ok they're mildly feminine in mannerisms"
They aren't even a trap.

Wasn't it changed to by optional after people start to bash game and making everything in their power to make nobody else to ever buy it again (aka people overreacted hard to this)? Creator even said it was never a intention to make it controversial or anything and changed it to please people, but from what I remember it didn't seem to quell the hate though.

last edited at Jan 10, 2018 12:09PM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

If you want it for the yuri, I think that there are lots of better choices.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Help, I'm actually translating Kotonoha Amrilato.

Fingers crossed my progress doesn't get axed by MangaGamer in like, two weeks :'))

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Fingers crossed my progress doesn't get axed by MangaGamer in like, two weeks :'))

That's awesome! I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate the chance to experience this game, it looks really lovely.

Has anyone here tried SeaBed? I tried the demo but found it really difficult to keep track of who was saying what because of how the game presents the text. Would be nice to get some opinions on whether it's worth the buy.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

That's awesome! I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate the chance to experience this game, it looks really lovely.

Has anyone here tried SeaBed? I tried the demo but found it really difficult to keep track of who was saying what because of how the game presents the text. Would be nice to get some opinions on whether it's worth the buy.

I'll probably still TL it even if it gets licensed - for personal use, anyway, haha. Seemed like a fun project to develop my writing skills, since I suck at descriptive writing and often find difficulty in putting my thoughts into words.

I personally highly recommend SeaBed. It is hands down my favorite visual novel, with or without the yuri. It is difficult to tell who is talking, but trust me when I say you'll get used to it. It is really slow in the beginning, so it's not for everyone, but it adds so much feeling and impact. Trust me. SeaBed is a narrative game and is carried by the characters, so if you're unable to develop a connection to them, you won't be get that much enjoyment from it. Therefore, if you can't sit through 4-6 hours of slow build up, you most likely will not get the full experience.

Otherwise, it seriously takes off from the prologue. It's a psychological story with lots of foreshadowing and little hints spread everywhere. The characters are lovable, and again, they absolutely carry the story.

I'm in love with the story's writing style. The characters make note of every little detail, but not everything has to do with the story. Just like how you might notice the sound of a bird chirping at daybreak, or you may notice the voices of people in a packed train station. There is a reason for it, but no spoilers.

The characters are all adults (late 20s - early 30s, so don't expect explosive, cheap drama plot devices anywhere, haha...

I haven't stopped thinking about SeaBed since I finished it a month ago. I binge read it, and re-read it already. It's well worth its price.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

I personally highly recommend SeaBed. It is hands down my favorite visual novel, with or without the yuri. It is difficult to tell who is talking, but trust me when I say you'll get used to it. It is really slow in the beginning, so it's not for everyone, but it adds so much feeling and impact. Trust me. SeaBed is a narrative game and is carried by the characters, so if you're unable to develop a connection to them, you won't be get that much enjoyment from it. Therefore, if you can't sit through 4-6 hours of slow build up, you most likely will not get the full experience.

Otherwise, it seriously takes off from the prologue. It's a psychological story with lots of foreshadowing and little hints spread everywhere. The characters are lovable, and again, they absolutely carry the story.

I'm in love with the story's writing style. The characters make note of every little detail, but not everything has to do with the story. Just like how you might notice the sound of a bird chirping at daybreak, or you may notice the voices of people in a packed train station. There is a reason for it, but no spoilers.

The characters are all adults (late 20s - early 30s, so don't expect explosive, cheap drama plot devices anywhere, haha...

I haven't stopped thinking about SeaBed since I finished it a month ago. I binge read it, and re-read it already. It's well worth its price.

Well damn, you've sold me and I'll be picking it up. One thing that did strike me from my short time with the game was how... clinical the writing was, in the sense that there's a lot of descriptive prose about seemingly everything except the characters' internal thoughts and feelings. It immediately reminded me of the style of English contemporary short stories and I was wondering whether this was done intentionally. Great to know this is the case, thank you.

And 4-6 hours is just the prologue?? Looking forward to setting aside some good time for this. I've been needing something to fill the void that LiS Before the Storm left in my heart.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Well damn, you've sold me and I'll be picking it up. One thing that did strike me from my short time with the game was how... clinical the writing was, in the sense that there's a lot of descriptive prose about seemingly everything except the characters' internal thoughts and feelings. It immediately reminded me of the style of English contemporary short stories and I was wondering whether this was done intentionally. Great to know this is the case, thank you.

And 4-6 hours is just the prologue?? Looking forward to setting aside some good time for this. I've been needing something to fill the void that LiS Before the Storm left in my heart.

Yeah, the prologue is quite long. It sets the stage for the rest of the story, and was absolutely worth the read. I highly doubt the story would've left this much of an impact on me if it weren't for that.

The game spans about 11 chapters, but they aren't as long as the prologue - just so you know what you're in for. I'm usually a fast reader, but I took my time with this one and absorbed every word of it. Ended up being about a 20 hour play through, haha.

joined Feb 5, 2018

I am big fan of browser online video games. But sometimes I can not get access to some stuff, because sites are blocked in my country. In such cases my friend recommended me to use special vpn or proxy app. I prefer to use this proxy server https://buy.fineproxy.org/eng/usa-proxy.html I guess it is the best way to get access to forbidden sites or social media.

last edited at Feb 6, 2018 2:30AM

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Just a PSA, Indie Gala is holding a yuri bundle sale ATM with about 2 weeks left on the timer:

https://www.indiegala.com/indiegala-anime-yuri-steam-bundle

As far as I know the site is legit, so now's your chance to grab some yuri games.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Just a PSA, Indie Gala is holding a yuri bundle sale ATM with about 2 weeks left on the timer:

https://www.indiegala.com/indiegala-anime-yuri-steam-bundle

As far as I know the site is legit, so now's your chance to grab some yuri games.

Keep in mind that the lowest recorded price Kindred Spirits has ever prior to this is $17.49; getting that, the first drama CD, and a bunch of other stuff for only 10 bucks is so much of a steal, it's basically daylight robbery.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Sigh I been clearing my backlog lately, it's fun but it's taking FOREVER. Playing MG:Rising atm and it's an absolute blast!
Spotted a few free yuri games and VNs as well...I might make a list later. Unless I end up playing OW for 6 hours again and forget about it...AGAIN

Oh, speaking of VNs! The internet seems to be obsessed with Doki Doki literature club for some reason. I tried watching an LP and I know it gets interesting/weird later, but I cannot be bothered! The intro is SO long and boring and het I can't get invested in this.

last edited at Feb 7, 2018 5:39AM

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Oh, speaking of VNs! The internet seems to be obsessed with Doki Doki literature club for some reason. I tried watching an LP and I know it gets interesting/weird later, but I cannot be bothered! The intro is SO long and boring and het I can't get invested in this.

Gotta power through to the 3 or 4 hour mark. To the first confession scene just after the festival. It WILL surprise you ;). You'll find out why the gender of the main character doesn't matter.

And ignore the psycological horror tag on steam. It's just a bunch of asshat trolls and amature comedians who think they're being funny.

I will say though the actual yuri doesn't happen till the very very end so I wouldn't go into it specifically for that, but just hop in and enjoy the ride until then.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I watched a friend play the start of DDLC, and even aside from the het it was tropey as hell, to the point of being cringeworthy. I know it's supposed to get amazing later on, but wow do you have to put up with a rough slog to get to it. My friend ended up bored silly and gave up, so we never got to the alleged great parts.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

I watched a friend play the start of DDLC, and even aside from the het it was tropey as hell, to the point of being cringeworthy. I know it's supposed to get amazing later on, but wow do you have to put up with a rough slog to get to it. My friend ended up bored silly and gave up, so we never got to the alleged great parts.

You can say it' like... An absolutely normal VN with all cliché and boring shits... that you can find anywhere. Until the twist get in, then the twist got John Cena-ed by another twist, then you have a virus named Monika in your computer.
So, the right way to play this game is...

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Well, if what I read about the game is true, the dating part should actually have been well written, since they should make you care before the twist.
Otherwise you just won't care.
So I guess if you don't care about the dating sim part, maybe it's not worth it.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

LOL @Konami LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
12/10 Game lauch, would buy again!
I'm talking about MG Survive and its ridiculous micro transactions of course

last edited at Feb 27, 2018 11:11PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The new Mario tennis looks pretty fun.
...Oh, nice! Octolings playable in Splatoon!!
Crash? Back on Nintendo?!

...IS THAT A NEW SMASH?!!!?!!!?!?!?!?!1111 I MEAN LOOK! LINK HAS THE BOTW DESIGN SO IT MUST BE A NEW GAME AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Hmm yes...pretty good direct.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

BotW design... Does that mean it's finally time to say goodbye to Twilight Princess' voice actor? That was my favorite Link voice ;_;

joined Mar 14, 2016

That was my favorite Link voice ;_;

This feels like an oxymoron.

/s

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Yes
YEEEESSS
SONIC MANIA PLUS WAS REAL! TWO NEW CHARACTERS! SICK PHYSICAL RELEASE! 32 PAGE OF ART BOOK GOODNESS! And no new zones... I didn't sign up for this shit!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

I'm in heaven

Hollllly shit man I'm glad I checked in here now I'm real pumped....
Looks like new kinds of character colour swaps tuff?? A new class???? HHHH excited!!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

It's like Atlus doesn't want me to watch anime anymore!!! I don't have time for more RPGs ffs. FE Warriors takes forever...

Speaking of which, I have accepted the fact that Lyn is now a DoA character. I just find Olivia's jiggle a little odd. Then again, all the girls becomes SKs on armor break
And yes, I bought the dlc because I'm a sucker.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Y'all need to read Fatal Twelve.

This topic has been locked.