Forum › Strawberry Fields Once Again discussion

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

my theory is: akira died, ruri made a time machine because he's a scientist prodigy, and pure made the trip because she wants to spend time with akira, kinda subtly telling you, akira is not gonna survive whatever it is that killed her.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This series is really good at keeping me guessing. I hope it'll have the same element of suspense even when rereading the completed work.

I was thinking about why this chapter hit home, and realized it's because Akira's been assuming Pure is some form of delusional, though genuinely enthusiastic, stalker, and dismissing her feelings. But now she can't ignore that those feelings are real. I really like how there's a natural follow-through between the knowledge that we've seen Pure swear utter devotion to Akira but still played her excitement for laughs, to this inevitable consequence, where she's hurt and trying to not be hurt. It's fantastic when authors treat their characters as people.

SheWhoShallNotBeNamed
2595d35a-146a-454e-9c55-ef77b8657a77
joined May 10, 2016

Gonna need to wait for the next chapter again T ^ T )

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

my theory is: akira died, ruri made a time machine because he's a scientist prodigy, and pure made the trip because she wants to spend time with akira, kinda subtly telling you, akira is not gonna survive whatever it is that killed her.

Agreed, but isn't Ruri making the time machine right now as a kid, after his mother's death?

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

This series is really good at keeping me guessing. I hope it'll have the same element of suspense even when rereading the completed work.

My experience is not surprising. I mean the author did much throw a lot of clues, cues and baselinings... like the hamburger steak which Pure made and Ruri's comment after tasting it. That suggested, Ruri and Pure knew each other( but not in depth ). So, it was a matter of time that the author will show this.

Agreed, but isn't Ruri making the time machine right now as a kid, after his mother's death?

Yes, for me, Ruri started building this already as suggested by the panels that Ruri was talking to a person over the internet.

I liked surprises. Not that kind of surprise where the author didn't even open-end it but just made an incoherent, out of nowhere representation. I want surprises that can make me say, "Oh, woooow! How come I didn't think of that?" And I've found a lot of gems here in Dynasty...

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Are the scenes (intentionally) out of order? Do the events of chapter 6 happen immediately before the end of chapter 5? :thinking:

Koitoyuu-1
joined Jan 23, 2018

I'm enjoying this series a lot. I have a feeling that something probably happened in the future that led Pure to go back, because why would she if everything is all right in her future? Like, maybe Akira died or something. It's just a wild guess, but I think it's plausible.

Also, I like the theory that Ruri is making the time machine, being a science prodigy that he is.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

New chapter is out, oh dear.

Biggest developments are:

- Akira is starting to like Pure even more, despite her initial distaste in the idea of loving someone else. In this chapter, we see that Akira has become more comfortable with Pure. When Pure tries to go home, Akira invites her to a sleepover instead. She also laments over the idea that despite becoming "kiss friends", they didn't get to kiss at all the entire day. At the end of the chapter, she remains blissfully ignorant of Pure's slightly distant behavior.

- Meanwhile, we see that while Akira was out of the house, Pure and Ruri had a discussion where Ruri revealed that he knew Pure came back from the future. He asks Pure why she came back, but we see that Ruri already knows the answer: because Akira had died sometime in the future. Pure wants Ruri's help in saving Akira from her demise. In response, Ruri asks Pure if she knows what he's done with a certain something (unrevealed). She says that she does, and that she knows of his failures too. Ruri is more or less intrigued, but drops the subject. He challenges Pure by telling her if she does anything now, something will definitely change in the future. He takes his leave, but not before asking her this: "You say that my older sister is your fiancee, but are you sure your memory is correct?"

- Pure has a headache the entire time she's over at Akira's house, much to the latter's concern. Pure takes some medicine for her headache, but while Akira is sound asleep, Pure suddenly recalls that while she did confess to Akira, the latter actually turned her down, saying that she only sees Pure as a friend. The chapter ends with Pure crying next to a sleeping Akira.

last edited at Mar 22, 2018 11:56PM

Capture1%20edited1
joined Jul 10, 2016

WOOT WOOT

Akari-daisuki
joined Dec 19, 2015

OH YEAH MR. KRABS

Kaede
joined Nov 20, 2016

HOLY SHIT

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

DEVELOPMENT

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Now this series is going into my favorites. Hands down among the best Yuri's I've read.

last edited at Apr 7, 2018 3:46PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

FIRST KISS UNLOCKED

But yeah real talk if a beautiful woman suddenly showed up claiming to be my lover from future I would spend several hours grilling her about how that actually works and how far back she can go.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Omgggg <3

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

OH YEAH MR. KRABS

yes spongebob i m feeling it now

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

OH YEAH MR. KRABS

Wtfff lol

last edited at Apr 7, 2018 8:16PM

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

I'm confused now.. What happend to the other Akira from the future?

Jinx%20avatar%20150x150
joined Jan 11, 2017

I'm confused now.. What happend to the other Akira from the future?

There's a big brick of black text partway up the page if you want to get spoiled.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

OH YEAH MR. KRABS

Wtfff lol

Arth thou feeling it now?

joined Mar 11, 2016

That is one happy resolution. :)

joined Mar 11, 2018

It will be "Depressing as fuck"

Letys%20try%20this%20again
joined Mar 26, 2017

There's a big brick of black text partway up the page if you want to get spoiled.

Oh jeebus, the plot thickens.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Dear Kamisama, please let these two souls be happy together...

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Ayy nice!

To reply you must either login or sign up.