Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Anyway, if KyoAni decides to adapt a Yuri work, I highly doubt they're gonna remove the kisses when they're an entire part of the story. It would be like making Yuzu and Mei a platonic couple. >.>

They could go the Class S route lol & I would hate them forever, of course.

And then in the last few episodes they awkwardly rearranged events and basically skipped an entire arc just so they could end the season at a certain point.

That's a problem with a lot of anime adaptations, especially nowadays when everything is restricted to a single cour, sadly.

Maid dragon was a unusual case. It was apparently picked up in the first place because one the higher ups was a fan of the series. So it didn't get the normal treatment other series by them get and got left mostly intact. On the other hand one their series had a whole relationship removed and one the main characters of it basically regulated to a side/back ground character. Another series was totally changed with new characters added and if I remember kissing between the MCs who are in a relationship removed. Another one also had the kissing and basically all physical contact between the MCs removed.

They don't do outside work adaptation nowadays, just in-house with their LNs, so if they do adapt YagaKimi, it might be the same case with Maid Dragon that one of the higher ups just happens to love it. To their credits, they did add the DekoTani ship in the Chuu2 anime & even had the 2 kiss on screen, so idk. It's unlikely that they'll adapt YagaKimi though.

I enjoyed the anime adaptation of Maid Dragon for the most part, but I think the more worrisome part were all the new Lucoa x ... little-boy-whose-name-I-forgot scenes... those were bad enough in the original manga, and then the anime just added more! Imagine if KyoAni adapts YagaKimi and adds additional scenes focusing on Maki, that dude with glasses, and Yuu's friend who was in love with that basketball dude... To be fair, they did add new scenes focusing on the... oh my God, I can't believe I forgot their names. Saikawa? and that dragon girl...? I suppose that'd be like adding new scenes with the adult couple, and I'd admit that'd be pretty nice.

Shouta, Saikawa, & Kana, respectively. I can't believe you forgot the name of the good girl Kana. This is a crime punishable by death.

last edited at Mar 26, 2018 10:01PM

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

They could go the Class S route lol & I would hate them forever, of course.

Yagakimi by Kyoani. Last episode: "Everything was just adolescence guys"

last edited at Mar 26, 2018 11:05PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Anime original ending with Touko ending up with Doujima & Yuu with Maki. 10 am news the next morning reports the total destruction of KyoAni studio.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Anime original ending with Touko ending up with Doujima & Yuu with Maki. 10 am news the next morning reports the total destruction of KyoAni studio.

A Maki harem with Yuu, Touko, and Sayaka. Throw in some sibling rivalry with Rei-chan.

See, you guys made me hurt my brain, and now bleach won’t wash that imagery away—I’m going to have to go with battery acid.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Shouta, Saikawa, & Kana, respectively. I can't believe you forgot the name of the good girl Kana. This is a crime punishable by death.

Oh yeah, the shota named Shouta... what a subtle pun. About Kana though... I definitely agree. This crime is of the utmost severity. I'll turn myself in within the hour and await my execution...

A Maki harem with Yuu, Touko, and Sayaka. Throw in some sibling rivalry with Rei-chan.

See, you guys made me hurt my brain, and now bleach won’t wash that imagery away—I’m going to have to go with battery acid.

What have I begun?! I can no longer live in a world where these things are at all feasible... I'm gonna have to be executed right now, cops.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Maybe tide pods will help

Edit: Holy shiet, I just realized I misspelled Kanna's name. I guess I'll join Minutoh in the execution room.

last edited at Mar 27, 2018 12:36AM

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Oh yeah, the shota named Shouta... what a subtle pun. About Kana though... I definitely agree. This crime is of the utmost severity. I'll turn myself in within the hour and await my execution...

What have I begun?! I can no longer live in a world where these things are at all feasible... I'm gonna have to be executed right now, cops.

Don't worry KyoAni will just rewrite what you said so it never happened.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Don't worry KyoAni will just rewrite what you said so it never happened.

Wait, this is still just all in our imaginations, right? RIGHT?

[Lies on floor in fetal position, rocking and trembling]: “It’s still just the manga, it’s still just the manga, it’s OK, Nakatani-sensei will protect us, it’s still just the manga . . .”

joined Apr 6, 2017

Chapter 30's raw is out
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5617848472?lp=home_main_thread_pb&mo_device=1&pn=0

I can't read the dialog but i'm already gonna just sat wow... Can't wait to be able to read it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Do we know how many acts are in the play? At least two, right?

(I thought I remembered a reference, but it would take me forever to find it, if it's there at all.)

joined Nov 5, 2017

(I thought I remembered a reference, but it would take me forever to find it, if it's there at all.)

Pretty sure it has two parts. Remember chapter 22, the first part was over after Touko's character breaks down. Then there was a pause and Ichigaya mentioned Touko's acting wasn't that good in the second half of the script. Then Koyomi and Yuu rewrote the ending, and I assume part two is where Yuu's role got much bigger (what was seen in chapter 26). So yeah, 2 parts.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Pretty sure it has two parts. Remember chapter 22, the first part was over after Touko's character breaks down. Then there was a pause and Ichigaya mentioned Touko's acting wasn't that good in the second half of the script. Then Koyomi and Yuu rewrote the ending, and I assume part two is where Yuu's role got much bigger (what was seen in chapter 26). So yeah, 2 parts.

Thanks. Clearly there's a turn built into the structure of the play: first Amnesia-chan gathers information about who she used to be, then she decides what to do about it. I just wasn't sure if that Chapter 22 rehearsal break was a "this is a good place to stop until after lunch" deal, or an actual curtain-intermission act break.

joined Apr 6, 2017

Chapter is out on mangadex.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It was great, it's been a while since I've said something meaningful in this thread but I really don't know what else to say... I'm just hoping time flies twice as fast for the next chapter

joined Apr 6, 2017

It was great, it's been a while since I've said something meaningful in this thread but I really don't know what else to say... I'm just hoping time flies twice as fast for the next chapter

It really was and dear god do I want to see the play animated in full.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

To be honest, I kinda want to see SHAFT animate it... They're often pretty unique with animation as a medium, and I think their willingness to focus on slow-paced dialogue without feeling the need to make it bombastic and ridiculous would serve this series well.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

It's pretty funny that Sayaka was written to be a older girl chasing after a cute high schooler's skirt.

To be honest, I kinda want to see SHAFT animate it... They're often pretty unique with animation as a medium, and I think their willingness to focus on slow-paced dialogue without feeling the need to make it bombastic and ridiculous would serve this series well.

That's the last studio I want to see animate YagaKimi. I love them but they don't know the concept of subtlety.

last edited at Mar 28, 2018 3:12AM

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

That's the last studio I want to see animate YagaKimi. I love them but they don't know the concept of subtlety.

What makes you say that? I thought they did quite well on some of the first season of Bakemonogatari's talking scenes, although they kinda went a bit bonkers with the following season. I think if they involved Nakatani in an advisory capacity, their willingness to play with animation style might work quite well for adapting her tendency to use visuals as a method to enhance the narrative. Other studios tend to view animation as a pragmatic necessity to communicate visuals of a scene instead of viewing it as a method by which they can amplify characterisation or emotion.

My ideal would obviously be either Ohara Masakazu, the wokest bae, or Tokoro Tomokazu of Haibane Renmei fame, but nobody can have everything.

It just needs someone who's confident enough to allow lingering, contemplative shots which let the characters and dialogue settle into them, as well as someone who can be adventurous when it comes to using audio/animation/etc. as an additional narrative avenue.

Kind of a rare ask in anime these days. Feels like everything is just a brainstorm that's dictated to you via dialogue. The last thing I enjoyed with any kind of complexity was Ga-Rei -Zero-.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I think Shaft's take on this would be fascinating. We already have characters with unsettling personality quirks and flaws, Shaft's creative visual direction could make it even more special than the manga. The Monogatari series's problems are rooted in the novels.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

What makes you say that? I thought they did quite well on some of the first season of Bakemonogatari's talking scenes, although they kinda went a bit bonkers with the following season. I think if they involved Nakatani in an advisory capacity, their willingness to play with animation style might work quite well for adapting her tendency to use visuals as a method to enhance the narrative. Other studios tend to view animation as a pragmatic necessity to communicate visuals of a scene instead of viewing it as a method by which they can amplify characterisation or emotion.

The way Shaft uses visuals to communicate ideas is nothing like what this series does. One of YagaKimi's biggest selling points is that it is able to capture emotions and feelings through subtle visual storytelling. You don't see Nakatani puts flower patterns or sparkle effects over the characters' faces to amplify any emotions, its charm is in the slight changes in facial expression, body position, panel composition, character acting, etc. It's very naturalistic in its visual storytelling, not experimental. Giving the Shaft flare would make it a different series, if you ask me. This is why I wish for KyoAni because they are the best studio at more naturalistic subtlety.

The only occasion where I kinda want to see more experimental directing style in this series would probably be with ch 10, specifically Touko's POV. KareKano got me imagining that chap directed by Anno, but that's like an impossible dream, more so than hoping for Shaft or KyoAni or Madhouse to adapt this.

Edit:

It just needs someone who's confident enough to allow lingering, contemplative shots which let the characters and dialogue settle into them, as well as someone who can be adventurous when it comes to using audio/animation/etc. as an additional narrative avenue.

Takaharu Ozaki only fully directed one thing so far (GLT). But this sounds like it could be him. I dunno what a YagaKimi by White Fox would be like though.

last edited at Mar 28, 2018 4:02AM

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

The way Shaft uses visuals to communicate ideas is nothing like what this series does. One of YagaKimi's biggest selling points is that it is able to capture emotions and feelings through subtle visual storytelling. You don't see Nakatani puts flower patterns or sparkle effects over the characters' faces to amplify any emotions, its charm is in the slight changes in facial expression, body position, panel composition, character acting, etc. It's very naturalistic in its visual storytelling, not experimental. Giving the Shaft flare would make it a different series, if you ask me. This is why I wish for KyoAni because they are the best studio at more naturalistic subtlety.

I agree with your criticism of having flower patterns and sparkle effects being bad for the narrative, but I also don't connect that criticism with SHAFT. As I've said, I associate Bakemonogatari very positively with understated talking scenes with creative animated flair.

Can you elaborate on some examples, maybe?

I think Shaft's take on this would be fascinating. We already have characters with unsettling personality quirks and flaws, Shaft's creative visual direction could make it even more special than the manga. The Monogatari series's problems are rooted in the novels.

Yeah, I really dislike when otherwise creative visual works are ruined by bad source material. Accel World was such an egregious example of that. Such amazing scene composition and colour usage ruined by necessity of accuracy. :(

last edited at Mar 28, 2018 4:02AM

Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

I was thinking of Shaft aswell. I would love if Shaft adapted Yagakimi like 3-Gatsu. I feel like the series are somewhat similar. I also wouldn't mind a more creative approach like the Monogatari Series.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I agree with your criticism of having flower patterns and sparkle effects being bad for the narrative, but I also don't connect that criticism with SHAFT. As I've said, I associate Bakemonogatari very positively with understated talking scenes with creative animated flair.

Can you elaborate on some examples, maybe?

By those, I just mean obvious or overt visual cues/effects. Not specifically saying that Shaft uses flower patterns or sparkle effects. It's been a while since I've seen Bakemonogatari, so I really can't comment on it. The most recent work by Shaft that I do remember is 3gatsu. I'm a fan of that anime, but the directing style is not subtle at all. Lots of zooming into faces/eyes turning as transitions. Sad scenes? Let's make everything blue or grey so everyone knows that it's sad. Happy scenes? Let's make everything super shiny with bubbles & bright warm colors to make everyone knows that it's happy. Characters are anxious? Let's distort their figures so everyone knows that they are not ok. It's very experimental and fun and I enjoy it well, but it's very in-your-face & that may make for an interesting adaptation that totally puts the story in a different light, but for now, I prefer something that really captures the essence of this series & also elevates it with audio/animation, rather than redefines it.

last edited at Mar 28, 2018 4:22AM

joined Dec 28, 2016

SHAFT would ruin this show. Absolutely not. The show would come out too dark or they would exaggerate scenes that shouldn't be exaggerated. After seeing what WIT Studio did with "Koi wa Ameagari no You ni", I would love to see their take on this manga.

last edited at Mar 28, 2018 5:08AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.