Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Is there really much benefit in terms of the storytellling to be had from an anime version of this work?

I'd actually be really interested to see how they adapt Nakatani's unreliable narration in terms of colours, pacing of scenes, and sound direction. I think it could be enhanced very well. Animation has far more control over how certain things are perceived by the audience just by deciding how long a scene should go on and how long the camera shoulder linger on a certain thing, for example.

Devilman Crybaby is one of the best examples of an animator using animation less as a pragmatic medium and more as an emotional one, using various techniques to engross an audience into a character's perspective, e.g. when Kukun is rapping and the background slowly fades, other sounds filter out, and his voice develops a solitary echoing as Miko becomes more and more absorbed by what he's doing.

So, yeah! I think there's a lot to be gained.

last edited at Mar 9, 2018 8:13PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I just think that after hearing Yuu's voice in that PV 2 years ago I have never wanted someone to be given animated life more.

OK, I finally watched that, and you're totally right about Yuu's voicing--both of them, actually. I still don't long for an anime, but would gratefully accept one if it comes along.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

OK, I finally watched that, and you're totally right about Yuu's voicing--both of them, actually. I still don't long for an anime, but would gratefully accept one if it comes along.

I will only believe an anime announcement when I see one. As for Touko's voice, I found it pretty nice but the way her voice fades into whispering is still something I haven't managed to understand whether I like or not. What do you think?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

As for Touko's voice, I found it pretty nice but the way her voice fades into whispering is still something I haven't managed to understand whether I like or not. What do you think?

That’s a very good question. I must admit that I was listening for the tone and depth of her voice, and didn’t notice that quirk of enunciation until I listened again. I certainly don’t know enough (like, anything) to tell if that signifies anything in spoken Japanese (i.e., if it’s supposed to be characterization or just the voice actress’s typical diction—someone here can enlighten us, I hope).

Voicing a character like Touko must be at least a bit complex—she’s supposed to be authoritative and the center of attention when she’s around, but also demure and speaking genteelly (as opposed to literally “soft-spoken”).

Tl;dr: I’m not really sure.

Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

The results for the Anime Japan 2018 poll where you could vote which manga you want to see animated have been revealed. Bloom Into You place 9th on the poll!
Sauce: https://www.anime-japan.jp/main/ajranking/

last edited at Mar 20, 2018 9:23AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

The results for the Anime Japan 2018 poll where you could vote which manga you want to see animated have been revealed. Bloom Into You place 9th on the poll!

It's in alphabetical order. They'll reveal the ranking in the event. So far we only know this is the top 10.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

NoWaYu too!!! but anyway I'm glad this actually IS HAPPENING
I guess we can't hate kadokawa for too long (remember Tanoshi? me neither)

Tumblr_omrtnbr9ks1vkx8d3o5_250
joined Feb 28, 2018

"私もやが君アニメ化してほしい" from Nakatani's twitter. Basically, she also wants an anime.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

"私もやが君アニメ化してほしい" from Nakatani's twitter. Basically, she also wants an anime.

Welp need start pushing for ti like the Citrus author did. Though with the right studio of course.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Official ranking is out. It's 3rd place: https://twitter.com/yagakimi/status/977359209137242112
Holy crap, I wasn't even expecting it to be this high.

Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

Official ranking is out. It's 3rd place: https://twitter.com/yagakimi/status/977359209137242112
Holy crap, I wasn't even expecting it to be this high.

Omg that's amazing.
Translation of rankings:
1. 10Dance
2. Fate/strange Fake
3. Yagate Kimi ni Naru
4. Kyuugetsuki Sugu Shinu
5. Taisho Wotome Otogibanashi
6. PSYREN
7. Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de aru
8. Yakusoku no Neverland
9. Muhyo & Roji’s Bureau of Supernatural Investigation
10. Umehara FIGHTING GAMERS!

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Psyren is a HUGE blast from the past. Glad to see that and YKnN on there.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

4 - Kyuugetsuki Sugu Shinu

…Wut? Was this thing that popular? >.>

But anyway, does this poll have any effect on what might actually happen? Cause damn, a YagaKimi anime is something I can get behind.

Welp need start pushing for ti like the Citrus author did. Though with the right studio of course.

Passione did a pretty good job on Citrus honestly (save for a couple of scenes in the early episodes). But since Wit studio has been polishing their romance chops this season with Magus' Bride and After the Rain, they might be a good option. Or KyoAni, as someone else mentionned here.

(by the way, I'm a bit amused that 2 or the 3 top spots are taken by a yaoi and a yuri series. XD)

last edited at Mar 25, 2018 8:37PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

[**Lyendith** posted:](https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6616-bloom-into-you-
(by the way, I'm a bit amused that 2 or the 3 top spots are taken by a yaoi and a yuri series. XD)

The power of anonymity shows humanity's true colors!

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Passione did a pretty good job on Citrus honestly (save for a couple of scenes in the early episodes).

Tbh, Passione's adaptation of Citrus was pretty bad. Not even talking about the writing, just the visuals alone. The background designs were horrendous and characters and objects didn't even look like they belonged on there, just really bad compositing. Characters were off model quite often, too. It was good for laughs, but I wouldn't want YagaKimi to get the same production quality.

But since Wit studio has been polishing their romance chops this season with Magus' Bride and After the Rain, they might be a good option. Or KyoAni, as someone else mentionned here.

KyoAni's a safe bet and I really hope for them, but it's so unlikely that I wouldn't count on it happening too much. A seasoned and decent studio with a good director who can capture the visual storytelling in the manga would probably make for a decent adaptation. Wit & J.C.Staff are cool.

Well, the yaoi title being no.1 over Fate was a bit surprising at first, but if you consider fujo power, it's not that surprising lol YagaKimi being no.3 over titles like Promised Neverland, however, is really surprising. But who am I to question if it means that Kadokawa might hasten the announcement and put that domain into good use sooner or later.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

I would be extremely apprehensive if we ended up getting an adaptation with the same studio as Citrus. Do the people who watched Citrus not have functioning eyes? Not even the OP managed to have decently, DECENTLY, animated kisses, one of the elements that is supposed to be portrayed as intense. OST? Forgettable. ED? Ah yes, the good old plain song slapped with a few slideshows, good job. Do we also have to go on about how Mei looked off in more than half of the frames the was in? This is not even subjective. Having enjoyed it is one thing, pretending sloppy looking visuals are nice is an entirely different level of lying to oneself. Anything but DEEN and Passione, thanks.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I would be extremely apprehensive if we ended up getting an adaptation with the same studio as Citrus. Do the people who watched Citrus not have functioning eyes? Not even the OP managed to have decently, DECENTLY, animated kisses, one of the elements that is supposed to be portrayed as intense. OST? Forgettable. ED? Ah yes, the good old plain song slapped with a few slideshows, good job. Do we also have to go on about how Mei looked off in more than half of the frames the was in? This is not even subjective. Having enjoyed it is one thing, pretending sloppy looking visuals are nice is an entirely different level of lying to oneself. Anything but DEEN and Passione, thanks.

The kisses weren't unusually bad, they were just... normal low budget anime kisses. For a manga with intense kissing scenes that could be even better animated, it was very disappointing and a sad missed opportunity. It's like a shonen anime adaptation with brief, choppy fighting scenes.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Wit & J.C.Staff are cool.

Eeh, JC left a bad taste in my mouth with their sloppy adaptation of Children of the Whale. =x Though I'm not too familiar with their usual fare.

And no, Citrus didn't look that awful, come on. Low budget yes, but for a new studio with supposedly limited ressources, the quality is fine. Not great, but fine. The NTR anime is what I call godawful, as it's clear absolutely no effort was put into it.

Also, yes, no DEEN. Please.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

And no, Citrus didn't look that awful, come on. Low budget yes, but for a new studio with supposedly limited ressources, the quality is fine. Not great, but fine. The NTR anime is what I call godawful, as it's clear absolutely no effort was put into it.

At least NTR was funny. And I didn't see any effort put into Citrus either, only the seiyuu were on point. I would never be able to conform to mediocrity after seeing it in Citrus, so to reiterate, Passione is better off far away from this.

last edited at Mar 26, 2018 10:20AM

joined Apr 6, 2017

Passione did a pretty good job on Citrus honestly (save for a couple of scenes in the early episodes).

Tbh, Passione's adaptation of Citrus was pretty bad. Not even talking about the writing, just the visuals alone. The background designs were horrendous and characters and objects didn't even look like they belonged on there, just really bad compositing. Characters were off model quite often, too. It was good for laughs, but I wouldn't want YagaKimi to get the same production quality.

But since Wit studio has been polishing their romance chops this season with Magus' Bride and After the Rain, they might be a good option. Or KyoAni, as someone else mentionned here.

KyoAni's a safe bet and I really hope for them, but it's so unlikely that I wouldn't count on it happening too much. A seasoned and decent studio with a good director who can capture the visual storytelling in the manga would probably make for a decent adaptation. Wit & J.C.Staff are cool.

People keep gushing over having KyoAni as the studio they want to adapt their series. Thing is while they have good detailed artwork they also significantly rewrite source material for their adaptations plus have a strong aversion to showing kissing in their anime what is a big part of this series. Do people really want to see Yagate completely rewritten and all the kissing scenes eliminated in a anime adaption of the series?

I think J.C.Staff would be best as long as they give it their A game kind of like how they did on Flying Witch and Toradora. Maybe Bones who did akagami no shirayuki or possibly Wit from recent showings. I think thee was one other studio that might be good but the name escapes me.

Production I.G could be another one.

last edited at Mar 26, 2018 10:44AM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

People keep gushing over having KyoAni as the studio they want to adapt their series. Thing is while they have good detailed artwork they also significantly rewrite source material for their adaptations plus have a strong aversion to showing kissing in their anime what is a big part of this series. Do people really want to see Yagate completely rewritten and all the kissing scenes eliminated in a anime adaption of the series?

They adapted Maid Dragon & there weren't that much rewriting. Mostly added details to make even more memorable moments, like when Kobayashi gave Tooru the scarf. The kissing part is a bit worrisome though, I agree. But the reason I want KyoAni is because I don't see any other studio who is as good with subtle visual storytelling as them. YagaKimi fits their style perfectly if they are to faithfully adapt it.

Eeh, JC left a bad taste in my mouth with their sloppy adaptation of Children of the Whale. =x Though I'm not too familiar with their usual fare.

Children of the Whale looks beautiful, at least. The writing is bad. Not sure if that's the source's or the anime's fault. But that show didn't leave as bad of an impression on me as much as Kino 2017 got me wary of Lerche (despite the fact that their shows tend to look pretty neat for the most part) lol

It looks ok for a low-budget studio, but it's still really bad for normal standard. Only a couple of notch better than NTR. I don't want the bar to be set so low for this series or any decent yuri that might get an adaptation in the future.

last edited at Mar 26, 2018 3:05PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I do agree that for a series that lives and dies with visual storytelling like YagaKimi, you can't settle on a mediocre studio. Who knows what Passione might in the future though, maybe they'll get better with experience. Anyway, if KyoAni decides to adapt a Yuri work, I highly doubt they're gonna remove the kisses when they're an entire part of the story. It would be like making Yuzu and Mei a platonic couple. >.>

Children of the Whale looks beautiful, at least. The writing is bad. Not sure if that's the source's or the anime's fault. But that show didn't leave as bad of an impression on me as much as Kino 2017 got me wary of Lerche (despite the fact that their shows tend to look pretty neat for the most part) lol

Some of the issues came from the source, some came from not adapting enough − Chakuro's narration for example, works and is even fitting in the manga but gets grating very quickly in anime. And then in the last few episodes they awkwardly rearranged events and basically skipped an entire arc just so they could end the season at a certain point. Add to that a rather bland direction (save for maybe episode 10) and the show didn't get me nearly as invested as the manga did, even though it was mostly "faithful". Even visually it was rather hit and miss.

And I hope Lerche doesn't botch the adaptation of Radiant. Japan adapting a French comic is too rare an occasion. =[

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

They adapted Maid Dragon & there weren't that much rewriting. Mostly added details to make even more memorable moments, like when Kobayashi gave Tooru the scarf. The kissing part is a bit worrisome though, I agree. But the reason I want KyoAni is because I don't see any other studio who is as good with subtle visual storytelling as them. YagaKimi fits their style perfectly if they are to faithfully adapt it.

I enjoyed the anime adaptation of Maid Dragon for the most part, but I think the more worrisome part were all the new Lucoa x ... little-boy-whose-name-I-forgot scenes... those were bad enough in the original manga, and then the anime just added more! Imagine if KyoAni adapts YagaKimi and adds additional scenes focusing on Maki, that dude with glasses, and Yuu's friend who was in love with that basketball dude... To be fair, they did add new scenes focusing on the... oh my God, I can't believe I forgot their names. Saikawa? and that dragon girl...? I suppose that'd be like adding new scenes with the adult couple, and I'd admit that'd be pretty nice.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Imagine if KyoAni adapts YagaKimi and adds additional scenes focusing on Maki, that dude with glasses, and Yuu's friend who was in love with that basketball dude...

Screaming now.

To tell the truth, I have always wanted some payoff for that "Maki knows" business--it's one of the very few (maybe only) dropped or abandoned stitches in an otherwise very carefully plotted and structured story--but Glasses-kun and Akari can get on a bus and take a nice, long trip together as far as I'm concerned. Today. Or preferably yesterday.

joined Apr 6, 2017

It looks ok for a low-budget studio, but it's still really bad for normal standard. Only a couple of notch better than NTR. I don't want the bar to be set so low for this series or any decent yuri that might get an adaptation in the future.

Maid dragon was a unusual case. It was apparently picked up in the first place because one the higher ups was a fan of the series. So it didn't get the normal treatment other series by them get and got left mostly intact. On the other hand one their series had a whole relationship removed and one the main characters of it basically regulated to a side/back ground character. Another series was totally changed with new characters added and if I remember kissing between the MCs who are in a relationship removed. Another one also had the kissing and basically all physical contact between the MCs removed.

Oh and Evergarden like the whole first half of the anime series was original content.

JC Staff can really vary on their work. Some times it is low tier junk other times you can truly see they put their passion into it like they did with Flying Witch.

last edited at Mar 26, 2018 9:00PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.