Forum › You Were A Girl?! discussion

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

Thirsty

thirst is way stronger than social conventions in this one

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

This was really good [continue below]

Whaaat, two women readily admitting their feelings for each other and deciding to give it a shot without any drama? That goes against every bit of conventional wisdom that yuri manga has taught me!

This author obviously read some of Mochi's stuff, saw how they were out of the standard and decided to give it a try, then this one-shot was born (it even have 4 pages).
Then, once more inspired by Mochi, they'll turn this one-shot into a series. [continuation] I really want more of these two.

PS: For all effects, I'll just ignore the last sentence... or go with morter or, less likely, with andrei.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Finally a proper conclusion to prism

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

Seriously!!?? This needs more! XD

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I think if every series was this short and simple, I would quickly get bored of them, but it's pretty damn nice to have something like this among the melodrama and fifty-chapter epics.

20210519_023921
joined Dec 8, 2016

Finally a proper conclusion to prism

XD. Oh god, Prism! Loved that series (and a half...)!! I was so saddened when I found out that it was being cancled. ; _ ;

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

At this point, this is just me trying to deny the fact that Tsubasa might like guys, or might have gone out with a guy.

Your mind is just tainted by all the manga and doujins you read. These Japanese comic books do often overexaggerate whenever one of their girls is revealed to have an ex, usually by either making the ex an NTR villain or continuously emphasizing that said girl is stained. This causes weebs like us to believe that if a girl have an ex lover (especially if she's not a virgin), said girl is leftover used goods. In reality, there's nothing wrong with an 18 years old girl having dated someone before.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

The plot was good.

Both of them were. Impressive even. No wonder Tsubasa was thirsty

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

That last panel. Super cute!!

joined Apr 25, 2017

At this point, this is just me trying to deny the fact that Tsubasa might like guys, or might have gone out with a guy.

Your mind is just tainted by all the manga and doujins you read. These Japanese comic books do often overexaggerate whenever one of their girls is revealed to have an ex, usually by either making the ex an NTR villain or continuously emphasizing that said girl is stained. This causes weebs like us to believe that if a girl have an ex lover (especially if she's not a virgin), said girl is leftover used goods. In reality, there's nothing wrong with an 18 years old girl having dated someone before.

I think I have juuuuust a tad bit more knowledge when it comes to having relationships, and it comes down to preference. You like what you like, I like what I like. Not to say that I think a girl who has had an ex-boyfriend is a hoe, don't twist my words now. Also, just because you are a weeb, doesn't mean that you have no real knowledge of how things work lel.

As a guy, I know how guys are, and trust me, no one likes the thought of a guy's dick.

last edited at Mar 6, 2018 5:01AM

joined Feb 1, 2018

Page4 best page.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

One of them said she was feminine for guys

Counter Point: She said that with her face buried in her girl friend's tits. She might just like presenting herself as feminine and graceful out in public and enjoys the attention she gets, mostly from guys, without a sexual or romantic component.

joined Aug 22, 2016

I think I have juuuuust a tad bit more knowledge when it comes to having relationships, and it comes down to preference. You like what you like, I like what I like. Not to say that I think a girl who has had an ex-boyfriend is a hoe, don't twist my words now. Also, just because you are a weeb, doesn't mean that you have no real knowledge of how things work lel.

As a guy, I know how guys are, and trust me, no one likes the thought of a guy's dick.

um... then why are you trying to deny that she might like or may have even dated guys? I'm not one of them, but I am sure a lot of people would disagree with you on male anatomy.

There's a very real stereotype and social behavior where if women in general have been with men before, lesbian or not, they're "no good". But being with another woman on the other hand is "purity", and this "stained" stereotype vs. "purity" fetish are referenced a lot in anime/manga.

last edited at Mar 6, 2018 6:34AM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Remove "that was just for the guys" and there you go, a better doujin.

joined Sep 23, 2017

What you just did was basically say "I'm not judging her negatively for possibly having been with a guy in the past" and then turn around and say "But I'm totally judging her negatively for having possibly been with a guy in the past".
Please don't project your issues with women having a sex life onto others, and especially don't do so just to erase someone's apparent bisexuality.

last edited at Mar 6, 2018 6:36AM

joined Sep 23, 2017

Remove "that was just for the guys" and there you go, a better doujin.

How so?
Why do you believe that?

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm almost certain that this was meant to be an epic drama about them each lying to each other and finally finding the courage to admit their feelings, but the author lost most of the pages, left only with the very beginning and the end. That's the only rational explanation for its current state.

The cat ate the manuscript and then deadlines happened? Σ:3

joined Apr 25, 2017

um... then why are you trying to deny that she might like or may have even dated guys? I'm not one of them, but I am sure a lot of people would disagree with you on male anatomy.

There's a very real stereotype and social behavior where if women in general have been with men before, lesbian or not, they're "no good". But being with another woman on the other hand is "purity", and this "stained" stereotype vs. "purity" fetish are referenced a lot in anime/manga.

I "deny" it because men are cunts. You seem like the subjective and emotional type, so i'll try to base my arguments on emotions. I just dislike ( in manga ), the angst that comes when a character has had a relationship before and the other has not. I also dislike male-female relationships, even though i am straight. Pretty hypocritical eh?

joined Apr 25, 2017

What you just did was basically say "I'm not judging her negatively for possibly having been with a guy in the past" and then turn around and say "But I'm totally judging her negatively for having possibly been with a guy in the past".
Please don't project your issues with women having a sex life onto others, and especially don't do so just to erase someone's apparent bisexuality.

Humans interpret language differently. Unless a discussion is face to face, words can be twisted around and their meaning contorted. You decided to twist the meaning behind my words to strengthen your argument. I do love to argue, so don't get me wrong, I don't mind you doing that. All I am saying is, that you are jumping to conclusions. I am not judging negatively, in a way that I would hate the person; I'm just giving my opinion. We can agree to disagree on the fact, but clearly a lot of people in the comments also dislike the fact that she said "That was just for the guys".

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

That was very sweet, hope we see more from this artist.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This is great and y'all need to relax about either/both of them being bisexual if anything we need more positive representations of bisexuality in yuri where it's not just an excuse to inject dude drama into the plot.

joined Apr 17, 2017

best 4 pages yuri..

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

not yaoi

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I liked that :) I love how they both just went 'oh well' and went with it lol.

Eiko_by_komiyo_chan2
joined Sep 15, 2013

I want more.

It need more chapters.
For the sake of the best oneshots, this need more.

To reply you must either login or sign up.