Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

A-Any reason why Kadokawa removed their Yagakimi PV on their Youtube channel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JohoCyOiT1A

Anime confirmed.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Anime confirmed.

shut up you'll make me cry

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Finding out Yagate is a Kadokawa series is kind of disturbing seeing how they tend to have a habit of doing questionable things with their series.

last edited at Feb 26, 2018 2:14PM

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

Finding out Yagate is a Kadokawa series is kind of disturbing seeing how they tend to have a habit of doing questionable things with their series.

what kind of questionable things? :V

Lbruntrythis
joined Feb 26, 2018

Anyone know if a new chapter is coming out tomorrow? I just noticed that the Yagakimi twitter page mentioned something about Nakatani taking a break.

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

Anyone know if a new chapter is coming out tomorrow? I just noticed that the Yagakimi twitter page mentioned something about Nakatani taking a break.

Nothing till next month...

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

They decided to cancel the series because too many people were asking for an anime.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

They decided to cancel the series because too many people were asking for an anime.

hello can anyone ban this user from the database
thank

joined Jun 12, 2015

Anime confirmed.

shut up you'll make me cry

KADOKAWA has acquired the domain of "yagakimi.jp." There is a hope.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

yep, saw it a couple of days ago

realistic/pessimistic me is saying "maybe it's a drama CD series coming out"

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

yep, saw it a couple of days ago

realistic/pessimistic me is saying "maybe it's a drama CD series coming out"

They wouldn't make a whole new website just for a drama CD. But do leave your expectation low, even if it gets greenlit, we'll still have to wait to see the studio & director choice to be sure the anime won't fuck up. If it gets the same treatment as all the other yuri anime we've been getting so far, it's gonna be shit.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Is there really much benefit in terms of the storytellling to be had from an anime version of this work? That is, there have been a number of manga series I've liked a lot that were also quite fine as anime--the physical gags worked even better, or the voice actors brought it more to life, or the adaptation cut out some awkward or digressive parts, and so on. And I know that there are lots of external benefits: something you like gets wider visibility, an anime version increases the possibility of more things like it getting greenlighted, there may be cute merch, etc.

But I guess I could envision a very well-made, faithful adaptation of this getting a lot of "too slow, nothing happens, bland characters" (or worse) comments on places like the Crunchyroll boards. Undeserved, of course, but I could see it happening . . .

Tumblr_omrtnbr9ks1vkx8d3o5_250
joined Feb 28, 2018

My dream is YagaKimi anime made by KyoAni.

joined Nov 5, 2017

But I guess I could envision a very well-made, faithful adaptation of this getting a lot of "too slow, nothing happens, bland characters" (or worse) comments on places like the Crunchyroll boards. Undeserved, of course, but I could see it happening . . .

I don't understand why Western opinion should matter.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't understand why Western opinion should matter.

Sorry to have been so unclear. My question wasn’t about “Western opinion,” (or any other compass direction, for that matter). That’s why I tried to emphasize the phrase in terms of storytelling. I mentioned potential responses because I’ve seen what I thought were very good manga made into faithfully adapted anime that were criticized for the very things I liked about them.

Or is it just a given that any manga someone likes would somehow benefit from being made into an anime? They are two different mediums for telling stories—with a tremendous amount of overlap, to be sure—but what works well in one does not necessarily transfer into the other.

last edited at Feb 28, 2018 2:09PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Is there really much benefit in terms of the storytellling to be had from an anime version of this work?

Yes. We'll get to see Yuu animated and voiced, being the miracle of the universe that she is. & like you said, more merchs.

There are plenty of people who can appreciate good writing and storytelling. Girls' Last Tour is still a critically acclaimed anime in the end, despite all the comments about it being "Nothing Happens: the Anime." You can't stop the negative comments, but I'm sure if a good YagaKimi anime comes along, it will mostly be well received.
Also, people's opinions don't affect the quality of the anime nor should it affect our enjoyment of the work. We should only be concerned if the anime is actually bad.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Is there really much benefit in terms of the storytellling to be had from an anime version of this work?

Yes. We'll get to see Yuu animated and voiced, being the miracle of the universe that she is.

OK, point taken there.

We should only be concerned if the anime is actually bad.

Well, that’s my question. One of my favorite recent manga is 3-gatsu no Lion. I think the corresponding anime is extremely well-made, and very, very faithful to the source material. I’m a fan. But I don’t actually see it doing much more than the manga—the full color is nice, I guess—and while I’m looking forward to the next episode, I’d rather see new manga chapters a whole bunch more.

I suppose it’s the difference between “an anime version could do specific things this manga does, only even better” and “an anime version is the crowning achievement to which every manga aspires.”

last edited at Feb 28, 2018 3:50PM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

They wouldn't make a whole new website just for a drama CD. But do leave your expectation low, even if it gets greenlit, we'll still have to wait to see the studio & director choice to be sure the anime won't fuck up. If it gets the same treatment as all the other yuri anime we've been getting so far, it's gonna be shit.

Anime gets announced

It's Studio DEEN or XEBEC

it's sidonia level CGI

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Mizusi posted:

Anime gets announced

it's sidonia level CGI

Look at the bright side... Is not berserk level CGI

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Well, that’s my question. One of my favorite recent manga is 3-gatsu no Lion. I think the corresponding anime is extremely well-made, and very, very faithful to the source material. I’m a fan. But I don’t actually see it doing much more than the manga—the full color is nice, I guess—and while I’m looking forward to the next episode, I’d rather see new manga chapters a whole bunch more.

I have this similar problem with some other shows I watched. Was way ahead with the manga of Shokugeki no Soma, Kakegurui, and TWGOK, the adaptations for those don't really elevate the source in any way so I got bored with them. 1:1 adaptations tend to fall flat when you have read the story already. Adaptations that take a bit of liberty with the sources to help flesh out and/or expand on the existing themes without deviating too far from them tend to be the best ones for me (like Maid Dragon & GLT, though the latter is really close to a 1:1 adaptation). However, I think presentation is also a big part of what makes anime adaptations enjoyable and help elevate their sources. I haven't read the 3gatsu manga pass ch 1 yet, but the part I love the most about the anime is the immersive atmosphere thanks to the music and Shaft's animation style, things which are not present in the original manga. The music and sound directions of GLT are also part of the reason why I slightly prefer it over the manga, even though the manga has way better art. As for YagaKimi, idk, the thing about this manga is that it has always felt very anime in terms of visual flow and a lot of the scenes just feel like if you add in BGM and some motions, they'll be perfect. That's why I've been wanting a good anime for it since it would make for a complete experience, at least for me. In terms of storytelling, the anime probably won't add much since the manga has done a fine job with it already. The only real benefit of the anime is exposure. Having more people appreciating this series is always nice.

Anime gets announced

it's sidonia level CGI

Look at the bright side... Is not berserk level CGI

Berserk was robbed of Best CGI award.

Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

I disagree. The manga is stellar and yet, the anime is even better.

Every now and then, while watching, it hits me how the soundtrack choice is absolutely perfect, how the colors are meaningful and vivid, how the flow of animation also helps convey feelings and increases the impact of any given scene.
Thanks to that I love the anime series a lot more than the manga.

last edited at Mar 2, 2018 6:12PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thanks to that I love the anime series a lot more than the manga.

Of course that’s fine. I’m glad you like that one; I like it too. But I’m a comics person. I have nothing against anime; I like lots of it. But I study how comics work in things like page design, drawing style, pacing, etc.

A lot of people find stories with sound and movement inherently more immersive than without; I sometimes do and sometimes don’t. For things with a lot of important physical action scenes, or adaptations of bloated storylines that need to be streamlined, or even one with some ambiguous characters, anime can be better—voices can clarify characterization, action scenes have more impact, etc.

Bloom Into You just doesn’t strike me as being one of those which as a work of art would benefit greatly from being an anime. But like I said, I’m a comics person.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

I just think that after hearing Yuu's voice in that PV 2 years ago I have never wanted someone to be given animated life more. Rather than benefiting, I like to think I wouldn't be losing anything in the first place, we already have the blessing that is the manga. But, of course, some studios do give off this vibe that they are pursuing to ruin things on purpose.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I just think that after hearing Yuu's voice in that PV 2 years ago I have never wanted someone to be given animated life more.

Hey, if there's a possibility of Yuu actually coming to life, I'm right there with you all. With bells on.

joined Mar 3, 2018

Why is it late

To reply you must either login or sign up.