Forum › Anime Japan 2018 is hosting a poll "which manga you'd like to see animated"

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I will copy paste!! https://twitter.com/Cosmycc/status/967419259625377792 There's a poll happening right now where you can pick which manga you'd like to see animated hosted by anime-japan 2018. So for yuri there's #16 (kiss and white lily), #58 (Himawari-san) and #70 (Bloom into you) so vote away!

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO

https://www.anime-japan.jp/main/ajranking/anime_manga/form/

Please don't vote for more Fate/Etc ... IT WILL BE ANIMATED ANYWAYS don't let people think that Citrus and NTR is the best yuri has to offer

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 12:54AM

joined Mar 11, 2016

WHY THERE IS NO YUZUMORI-SAN OPTIONNNNNNN?? I RIOT! insert angry emo

Wanted to vote for Himawari-san but voted for Bloom. Since the former is mostly subtext which every other CGDCT have so voted for actual yuri. :)

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

No Octave or Girl Friends option, oh well. Never read Bloom into You but I'll vote for it anyways seeing how it's the manga that probably offers the most quality Yuri out of the other two.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

No Octave or Girl Friends option, oh well.

Goes into nerd rage for 5 minutes

Never read Bloom into You but I'll vote for it anyways seeing how it's the manga that probably offers the most quality Yuri out of the other two.

I guess that's the overall best option. Himawari-San is the overall best of the three, but it would be too easy for them to make it subtext-only which would be a waste. AnoKiss is good, but some parts are funky and I could see the adaptation ending up not much better than NTR and Citrus.

Bloom Into You has both explicit yuri and a story with some depth. I can't take the "I can only love you if you don't love me" thing seriously at all, but it's unique and might work in animation.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

[...] Himawari-san [...] is mostly subtext

lolwut? Matsuri is telling how she loves Ms Sunflower literally all the time, is glued to her all the time... What else do they need to make this "subtext" into text, have sex for an entire issue?

joined Mar 11, 2016

What else do they need to make this "subtext" into text, have sex for an entire issue?

No, just a kiss! xD

On a serious note, did anything change with Matsuri's all the time 'I love u'? Has Himewari-san started seeing her as a love interest now? In the 30/40 chapters out, what has her all the time 'love u' accomplished romantically? Isn't it brushed off as just platonic affection by Himewari-san all the time? Really now.

Himewari-san is one of my all time favorite btw. I'd be more than happy to see a romantic development between the two. ^_^

Yuzumori-san would have rocked the season I believe. Too bad it is not in the list.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 5:14AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Autumn posted:

What else do they need to make this "subtext" into text, have sex for an entire issue?

No, just a kiss! xD

So it isn't yuri unless there is a physical contact. kk, I'll keep that in mind.

On a serious note, did anything change with Matsuri's all the time 'I love u'? Has Himewari-san started seeing her as a love interest now? In the 30/40 chapters out, what has her all the time 'love u' accomplished romantically? Isn't it brushed off as just platonic affection by Himewari-san all the time? Really now.

And? How does it make it less yuri? If it is one-sided or unrequited, it doesn't count? So simply because there is no progress despite characters best efforts it is subtext?

joined Jun 12, 2015

^Then it's just a yuri crush?
If yuri is not a center of the story or on equal level to the story, then it's just.... a waste of time.
That's what Himawai-san is to me.

joined Mar 11, 2016

So it isn't yuri unless there is a physical contact. kk, I'll keep that in mind.

Yeah, if I say it is not yuri then it is not yuri. T'is a new dynasty bois. xDDD

And? How does it make it less yuri? If it is one-sided or unrequited, it doesn't count? So simply because there is no progress despite characters best efforts it is subtext?

Despite characters best efforts?!! No no no, Matsuri has never even try to be physical with Himewari san i.e hand holding, hugging etc which are relatively safer among others. Just saying 'love u' is not her best effort! She can do better than that.

Also can I question the form of love Matsuri has for Himewari san? Because it is never explained what she wants to be with Himewari-san. Does she want them to be lovers and do things what lovers do? There is Not A Single Moment of sexual tension between the two and that too when Matsuri Loves Himewari-san!! Her love may well be platonic for all we know. Do u catch my drift?

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 5:57AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Autumn posted:

Her love may well be platonic for all we know.

So platonic love doesn't count as yuri?

I never read Himawari-san, so I'm just nitpicking what you said.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Despite characters best efforts?!! No no no, Matsuri has never even try to be physical with Himewari san i.e hand holding, hugging etc which are relatively safer among others. Just saying 'love u' is not her best effort! She can do better than that.

Wow. So she's not physically pushing herself onto someone clearly uncomfortable with overt displays of affection in a culture that's not very big on such displays of affection in the first place; what a loser ... ^^

joined May 23, 2015

Bloom Into You has both explicit yuri and a story with some depth. I can't take the "I can only love you if you don't love me" thing seriously at all, but it's unique and might work in animation.

Every character in Bloom (with the possible exception of the main character) has an "I am in love with this person, but only as long as they fit this ideal that I am forcing onto them" thing going on, which I really can't stand. No one seems to actually care what the person they supposedly love wants.

I really can't stand the trope, but it seems to be popular and appears in more than a few of the other series on that list.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Except there's no "yuri crush genre". If there's a woman in love with another woman, whether or not it is requited, it's yuri.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Yeesh, it's not rocket science, if there's a love confession it's Yuri. If they say they're just "friends" despite making it incredibly obvious from the first episode that they're madly in love with each other it's Yuri.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Except there's no "yuri crush genre". If there's a woman in love with another woman, whether or not it is requited, it's yuri.

Yes, but then is it really a yuri manga? Or just a manga where one of the characters is gay?

joined Mar 11, 2016

Does it now?

I never read Himawari-san, so I'm just nitpicking what you said.

???

Wow. So she's not physically pushing herself onto someone clearly uncomfortable with overt displays of affection in a culture that's not very big on such displays of affection in the first place; what a loser ... ^^

Now now don't be an asshole ... ^^

last edited at Apr 17, 2018 10:20AM

joined Apr 25, 2017

This post right here is exactly what would happen if I had 5 doppelgangers. The internet is such a beautiful thing <3

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Autumn posted:

Does it now?

By your logic platonic love doesn't count as love.

h3x posted:

Yes, but then is it really a yuri manga? Or just a manga where one of the characters is gay?

When I say yuri, I mean there is at least 1 girl that loves other girl. I don't care if entire story is based around it or it is just some background thing.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 10:16AM

joined Mar 11, 2016

It count as familial love not romantic one and so not yuri imo.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This has developed into an impressively stupid conversation. But given the OP started out taking a cheap shot at series they don't like, I shouldn't be surprised that set the tone.

In any case, back to your respective corners. When the bell rings, come out actually discussing the poll and its options without all this meta business.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Smh....all of the nerds and weebs are going to vote for something stupid like Fate series.

We yuri fans will be extremely lucky if a yuri manga wins which highly unlikely.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Himawari-san is my favourite manga, but just playing the odds, I felt compelled to vote for Bloom Into You.

810c9214-a5e7-4680-a375-24ae680f7420
joined Feb 25, 2018

Such a difficult choice. can't decide whether to vote for bloom or kiss. still would have preferred pulse though...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

bitfarb posted:

Yuri is life and everything, but..I'm sorry, Yotsubato! was on there, so I had to vote for it. Probably never happen, but it's something I've wanted for yeeeeears.

You voted for a manga (probably the only one) that the author doesn't want it to be animated... T-T Stated that, he doesn't believe that the current anime studios can't properly show or recreate how real kid behaves and talk

Himawari san would be too boring for an anime imo ... Whenever is mutual or one side romance is another topic.

AnoKiss can't seen to focus, in the hypothetical case it gets an anime, I don't even know where it would start and where it would end with 12 episodes...

Bloom is good enough in popularity and writing for an anime, and I think 12 or 13 episodes with a Closure in the culture festival would be good enough... Although I'm just hoping that the current manga arc would end with a good note

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 2:44PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I actually think AnoKiss would do better as an anime because there would be a lot of finished stories. Bloom Into You will just end before anything happens again and be ignored as much other yuri series.

To reply you must either login or sign up.