joined Jun 12, 2015

Tifo-chan banzai!

joined Jun 13, 2017

Homura is the DEFINITION of suffering

joined Oct 28, 2017

So far this is turning out to be very interesting

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Was that a Jojo reference with the shooting stars at the end?

joined Mar 16, 2015

The woman and the boy in page 12 are those Mami met when she was new, from the PSP game. The boy was eaten by Gisela because Mami failed to save him from the barrier, and his mother went mad with grief.

joined Oct 26, 2016

OK was not expecting prequel to Rebellion.

joined Jun 3, 2014

HOMURA DID NOTHING WRONG

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

HOMURA DID NOTHING WRONG

I never saw the point of Rebellion. Your girlfriend is now a love goddess, and yeah, people don't remember her, but you do, and she's a comforting presence, and the Universe is still being saved, and the Incubators are proven wrong, and yeah, there's fighting and suffering, but it's way less and only enough to give life meaning. So, let's destroy all that, destroy your reputation and become a villain, because, hey, you can't wait until you die by natural causes and can reunite with her. I really think Homura did everything wrong. I realize that's not a novel perspective. Homura was the only non-ditzy character (sorry, Madoka) who was a pure hero, period. Until this point.

The only way to explain it for me is the endless Groundhog Day crap made her, finally, snap, and the movie was The Madness of Homura.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Very intense, but alas this made it obsolete.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

On reflection, Rebellion was "The Disappearance of Kaname Madoka"

joined Oct 26, 2016

I never saw the point of Rebellion. Your girlfriend is now a love goddess,...

That's the entire problem. All Homura wants is for Madoka to be able to experience normal school life as a teenage girl. If it was just for love and being with the girlfriend then after the rebellion Homura could have easily set things up to be with Madoka but no, she tries her very best not to interfere with Madoka. Sure there is that whole 'oh she might remember and get her powers back if you get too close' but then like you said, what was the point then to bring Madoka back and not be with her?

Part of the dramatic tension between the two is the fact that Homura doesn't consider what Madoka wants and tries to force what she believes is the 'perfect reality' onto her, even though Madoka is perfectly fine with being everyone's savior. It's possessive and crazy but after being in hundreds or thousands of time loops it's not surprising she got kinda loopy.

last edited at Aug 7, 2022 1:29PM

InfinityPotato
Rsz_jpeg_20190930_231506
joined Nov 12, 2018

Even if we invest grief in you, the resultant victims are few
Even if we control your movements, your time under control is short

Go ahead, wet your throat in this bowl full of despair

Damn, these lines would fit as a lyrics for a metal song

last edited at Mar 15, 2023 9:39AM

joined May 3, 2014

Even if we invest grief in you, the resultant victims are few
Even if we control your movements, your time under control is short

Go ahead, wet your throat in this bowl full of despair

Damn, these lines would fit as a lyrics for a metal song

yes true :3

joined Jul 28, 2020

Well this is a pleasant surprise!

joined Apr 16, 2022

This doujin does its upmost to turn Rebellion into a coherent story and it almost succeeds. Regardless, it's at least very good in itself. I appreciated how it used Rebellion and the original show to sort of critique each other, that was very clever. And I loved the orphan incubator, she's definitely best girl.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I do find it funny that Nagisa got randomly aged up at the end

Me
joined Aug 6, 2018

Never thought I'd actually get to see the rest of this. Glad I did.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

True story: Ch01 of this story impressed me so much, I actually started learning Japanese first and foremost to read the rest of this story, since the years and years of waiting for the translation that might never come while having the raw in my hand (author published the pdf freely on their pixiv) were more than I can take sitting idly. I was not very good at learning new language from scratch, and busy with other stuffs in my life, so the learning was slow, even now I can barely get the gist of what was said in the raw, but it was a fun process :)

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

Pretty neat read, thanks for the TL

joined Jul 4, 2018

Pog read

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Loved this, it was a great read going from the depths of despair to the fulfillment of their wishes.

Now that the follow up movie for Rebellion has been announced I wonder if the author is going to go ahead with reworking all this?

To reply you must either login or sign up.