Forum › Citrus discussion

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

Mei is the source of her own suffering.
Its sad that she's trapped in a prison of her own dreams and expectations, but what's truly painful is that she's making Yuzu suffer because of it.

Well said. Now time to get out of this prison!

I do not have a problem with the fact that Mei has broked with Yuzu. I even expected this after talking to Matsuri with Nene. I mean, the way it was done. Why show me the uncertainty of Mei and her dilemmas, it is better to give fucking time-skip and uuu she broke with Yuzu. Why? You have everything in the list, do not want too much!

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 6:09PM

joined Oct 10, 2017

I'm super impressed with how well executed ch. 36 is. The way this is going down perfectly fits with Mei's character and it's probably setting up an awesome make-up/Redemption arc. I really enjoyed how Mei described their relationship even though it's still a heartbreaking chapter.

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

I'm super impressed with how well executed ch. 36 is. The way this is going down perfectly fits with Mei's character and it's probably setting up an awesome make-up/Redemption arc. I really enjoyed how Mei described their relationship even though it's still a heartbreaking chapter.

hahahahhaah xdd

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

I love how Mei resembles her father so much in an aspect like love, both treat their partner equally shitty. Her father who is forcing Yuzu’s mum in a long distance relationship and Mei... well you know how it is :^)

I bet the father just left a letter, like Mei, too much of a pussy to talk face to face.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I love how Mei resembles her father so much in an aspect like love, both treat their partner equally shitty. Her father who is forcing Yuzu’s mum in a long distance relationship and Mei... well you know how it is :^)

Minor reminder that in one of the extras, it was revealed that when Yuzu's mother and Mei's father (Shou) met, Shou was already on his way to journey across the world (or whatever it was) and that it was Yuzu's mother who offered to look after Shou's daughter for him while he was away. I'm not too sure of the details behind their relationship, but I would assume that Yuzu's mother already knew what she was getting into when she and Mei's father became a couple (later). However, I only disagree with your use of "forcing", and not with the sentiment that this is a shitty thing to do.

I thought the way each line was paired with specific imagery was very powerful. I had to read it twice to fully recognize the angst. Also, it was Mei's POV, so that was an incredibly pleasant surprise.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 6:18PM

joined Jun 15, 2013

I feel like saburouta could end Citrus with 10 volumes (40 chapters) if she wanted to rush things, but since this series is very popular and is getting her lots of bank it’s possible for saburouta to make Citrus 12 volumes long. 12 volumes would be great as long as she doesn’t squeeze in anymore melodrama and just focuses on fleshing out Yuzu and Mei’s relationship.

We all know Citrus is going to have a happy ending. It’s all up to saburouta to make the happy ending a good one.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 6:31PM

joined Apr 25, 2016

looks like a time skip happened too (look at the class marker on pg 10 also matsuri is in high school now)

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 6:25PM

joined Jan 11, 2018

Your comment remember me, the only reason she has to do this is because of her father, she has to do all this shit because her dad decided to do his thing and let a teenage girl have to shoulder everything. Regardless of if he loves her that is a giant dick move.

Yep. This. Very much this. For all the murderous hate I saw directed against the grandfather, people seem to give Shou a free pass. He deserted his own duties, and people seem to actually like that, but they never take the bigger picture into account. Not to get into the practical obligations families such as Aiharas have to their employees, and in this case students as well, because we covered that at length in previous thread pages, but suffice to say Shou's choice impacted a lot of people beyond just himself. Most importantly, his own daughter, who is in this predicament solely because of him. Also, his very existence is proof enough the grandfather is not that bad as people paint him to be, if he was, then Shou would never be allowed to leave, and this conflict would not exist. Still, Shou gets like, zero negative feelings as far as I have seen. He is an adult travelling the world in a philosophical search for himself, while his teenage daughter is left to pick up the duties he abandoned. Oh, and yeah, his leaving left Mei even more emotionally broken. That too seems to have been forgotten.

That is true. I've never seen anyone really complain that much about Shou. But also, I hope this means that Shou will somehow redeem himself in future chapters. Like, he finally returns after soul searching and traveling and hears about this and learns that Mei actually isn't in love with her fiancee. So, he somehow breaks the engagement off. I hope that happens. It'd be one of the few proper things he's done as a parent.

Shou pisses me off, and too many do give him a free pass. We know he was a very stern man, just like Mei's grandfather, and imprinted his world views on Mei since she was a child.
Then one day he had his sudden "revelation", made a 180°, became a hippy for the lulz (in the middle of a divorce, too) and asked a grade schooler about a decision that a little girl couldn't take. Saying that Mei should've gone with him is too easy.

All this also made me remember another thing. In the TV show Arthur there was an episode called April 9th, it was a 9/11 allegory episode. In the episode Arthur becomes overly worried about his dad after a fire to the point he skips out of doing stuff he wants to do and tries to force his dad to stay home with him to try to keep him out of harm, and his dad tells him a story where a similar situation happened with him and his mom, and he ends the story with "It's my job to worry about you Arthur, not the other way around." and that's kinda what I feel is missing from Shou, he's not doing that enough for Mei and instead Mei is the one left holding the bag when it comes to all this responsibility her father dumped on her.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 6:38PM

joined May 7, 2017

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OH NO NO NO, NO WAY, SABOU SHITTING OUT YET ANOTHER ATROCIOUS CHAPTER AND EMPHASIZING THE FACT MEI IS A BLAND, GOOD FOR NOTHING, WORTHLESS, INSENSITIVE, SELFISH DOG? MUH FAMILY NAME, MUH HONOR

u ok?

joined Sep 4, 2016

Bah, fuck Mei. Running away like a little bitch and leaving a "Dear John" letter in the process? I honestly hope she gets married and has a miserable life, wanting and pining away at her boring, unfulfilling life. She truly deserves to have an unhappy ending.
I doubt it will happen, but I'd much rather ship Team Yuzu and Harumin at this point. Yuzu deserves much better than that selfish, spineless, pathetic, coward that is Mei.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

u ok?

I'm GREAT

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

u ok?

I think we have all the evidence we need on that score.

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

This chapter, like volumin, suck. That all.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 7:15PM

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

And before any outraged reaction ("WAHHH why are you reading something you hate") [...]

"hahahaha I want attention so I mock a story you like and call you delusional to show you how much smarter and enlightened I am compared to you". Here! Have your little sugar of attention, good boy!

[...] they are either incoherent or downright too damn ridiculous to take seriously to begin with.

They're not though.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 7:19PM

joined Jun 13, 2017

I agree most when Mei stated she was immature. She has never been able to respond properly to Yuzu's feelings and instead dragged her along for Mei's own selfish desires.

It's unfair to Yuzu and it's unforgivable to part ways with the only person that loves you unconditionally with a note. Mei might as well kicked her down and stepped on her repeatedly while saying "I love you." it's cruel and cowardly making Yuzu suffer because Mei can't get a hold of herself

Of course I don't hate Mei but you can't help but facepalm as you read the letter. I want to make one thing clear

Mei does not deserve Yuzuru. If she can't push aside her family matters and love Yuzu with even half of the love Yuzu offers her, it's clear that the two aren't meant to be together. Yuzu has been trying SO HARD since day 1 to make the relationship work and Mei has been reluctant and pushes away Yuzu's advances. She's doing this against the most genuine person she'll ever know. I hate the lack of trust Mei shows towards Yuzu as if she's testing her loyalty for the fun of it, not taking account Yuzu's feelings.

If Mei truly leaves I hope she feels guilty to the point where she can't sleep at night. I don't want Yuzu to chase her only to get her heart broken again. Yuzu deserves better

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 9:37PM

Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

^
Man, Misuzi, how could you forget to fellate Nakatani? That's lazy and it has less impact this way. More punch, I say.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 7:25PM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Man, Misuzi, how could you forget to fellate Nakatani? That's lazy and it has less impact this way. More punch, I say.

I, what?

Img_0840
joined Jun 2, 2015

Dafuq just happened!!!?

joined Feb 2, 2016

What just happened chapter 36 did mie drump yuzu what chapter did she dump her was there time leap there to much question that leaving you

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OH NO NO NO, NO WAY, SABOU SHITTING OUT YET ANOTHER ATROCIOUS CHAPTER AND EMPHASIZING THE FACT MEI IS A BLAND, GOOD FOR NOTHING, WORTHLESS, INSENSITIVE, SELFISH DOG? MUH FAMILY NAME, MUH HONOR

Why am I not surprised? And before any outraged reaction ("WAHHH why are you reading something you hate") to my opinion of this awfully long joke, and its delivered further confirmation that this trash is nothing but comedy gold worth material, yes, I find surprisingly poor writing in my manga to be very entertaining, it being beyond hilarious and making me laugh is the only fuel I need to keep up with it. I am not forcing myself in any way to engage in it, as it's extremely easy to dismiss any of the plot lines since they are either incoherent or downright too damn ridiculous to take seriously to begin with. The best part of this is that you don't necessarily have to be an elitist to pick on the shit fest Citrus was meant to be from early on.

But hey, at least it's "not boring" like other yuri titles, right? My favorite part in all of this is seeing these poor, desperate bumpkins attempt to defend this soulless offense to both the yuri and romance genres. Just how much of a blind, delusional apologist do you have to be at this point? You're more than allowed and welcome to enjoy Citrus, but I would frankly love to see what's the excuse this time. There's one every month, after all.

ps just save Yuzu and Harumin from this chaotic cancer once and for all

Just gonna step in at this point and state that any more posts along these lines, from ANYONE will be considered trolling and dealt with accordingly.

Should you really, truly need to though, Tumblr is right over here.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

The author should just have ended the series this chapter and turned it into in a timeless yuri masterpiece.

I'm fine if it ends like this tbh. Just end it cuz it's not even fun to read.

Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

The author should just have ended the series this chapter and turned it into in a timeless yuri masterpiece.

It's funny that japanese readers are saying your exact words after the latest chapter, and I'm not even fucking around.
Culture shock indeed.

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Anyone notice that that the Tachibana sisters are the only characters not shown? Just found that amusing.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

AnimexObsession posted:

It might be 'low quality' writing compared to other manga such as One Punch Man etc., but this is a drama manga about two 16 year old steph-sisters falling in love. With the base plot that is has, there isn't much to work with to make it an amazing well thought out deep emotional introspective manga.

It actually had potential to do it. The first few chapters were great and could be taken into different direction. But Saburouta did not capitalized on it and decided to write cheap soap opera instead.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 8:17PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.