Forum › Citrus discussion

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Uh-oh, what do you guys think? Will Mei get married and Yuzu crash the marriage ceremony?

I don't think it'll get to that. On another note, I think it's weird that Ume (Yuzu's mom) hasn't realized what's going on between the girl after Mei told her not to say anything to Yuzu, and I wonder where she was going in this chapter (meeting with Mei, maybe?) and what Yuzu was going to tell her before stopping herself.

I think the mom must have noticed something. Or she still believes that Yuzu is sad because she loved her very much as a sister. well... She might as well be meeting the father...? But he could just come home...?

The fancé has also a lot of potential of breaking through this dilemma. He should notice something too... Mei also asked him not to tell Yuzu and he knows that Yuzu likes someone, she worked to get the money for the rings after all... I even bet, that Mei kept the ring and that he could find and recognize it.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 4:31PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Uh-oh, what do you guys think? Will Mei get married and Yuzu crash the marriage ceremony?

I don't think it'll get to that. On another note, I think it's weird that Ume (Yuzu's mom) hasn't realized what's going on between the girl after Mei told her not to say anything to Yuzu, and I wonder where she was going in this chapter (meeting with Mei, maybe?) and what Yuzu was going to tell her before stopping herself.

I think the mom must have noticed something. Or she still believes that Yuzu is sad because she loved her very much as a sister. well... She might as well be meeting the father...? But he could just come home...?

The fancé has also a lot of potential of breaking through this dilemma. He should notice something too... Mei also asked him not to tell Yuzu and he knows that Yuzu likes someone, she worked to get the money for the rings after all...

Another hope light has turned on! This can also be possible!

joined Jan 20, 2018

The fancé has also a lot of potential of breaking through this dilemma. He should notice something too... Mei also asked him not to tell Yuzu and he knows that Yuzu likes someone, she worked to get the money for the rings after all...
But he want to be seen by his parents, maybe he know abouth girls, He know that he have to something to safe his own future.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Now I understand why this manga is called citrus because chapter 36 has left such a bitter taste. I understand why it had to happen but at the same time Mei could have at least had the courage to say it to Yuzu's face instead of putting it in a letter. Yuzu will not have closure that she deserves instead she will have unresolved feelings and it will be harder for her to move on. The letter does give an insight to what Mei is feeling but this is a manga and main characters not communicating with each other is how you make drama. If I was Yuzu I would at least have wanted Mei to tell me face to face rather through a letter but its a manga so a letter will do.

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

I'm going to start praying to Madoka for this manga to end in Yuri. I really hope it does. :(

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

People are so concerned about it ending in yuri, but I'm more concerned that Mei is going to somehow karma houdini her way out of this and be forgiven by everyone despite doing nothing to earn anyone's affection. She could go get married for all I care. Let Yuzu go do yuri things with someone else, with less emotional manipulation and game-playing.

As someone on an image board said:

Mei is the source of her own suffering.
Its sad that she's trapped in a prison of her own dreams and expectations, but what's truly painful is that she's making Yuzu suffer because of it.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 4:40PM

joined Apr 25, 2017

Now I understand why this manga is called citrus because chapter 36 has left such a bitter taste. I understand why it had to happen but at the same time Mei could have at least had the courage to say it to Yuzu's face instead of putting it in a letter. Yuzu will not have closure that she deserves instead she will have unresolved feelings and it will be harder for her to move on. The letter does give an insight to what Mei is feeling but this is a manga and main characters not communicating with each other is how you make drama. If I was Yuzu I would at least have wanted Mei to tell me face to face rather through a letter but its a manga so a letter will do.

I think the word you were searching for is "sour" not "bitter"

7okxlebd
joined Oct 28, 2017

Aaagghhh! Let me hope that this doesn't end up with a time leap to where Mei is married and has children of her own and then one day Yuzu and Mei both meet each other again coincidentally and then Mei tries to run away and Yuzu chases after her and then Yuzu grabs Mei by the wrist and then they stay frozen for awhile and then Mei shakes off Yuzu and runs and then Yuzu just stands there all sad and shit AND THEN GASP EVERYTHING GOES DOWNHILL!!!

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 4:46PM

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Mei is the source of her own suffering.
Its sad that she's trapped in a prison of her own dreams and expectations, but what's truly painful is that she's making Yuzu suffer because of it.

Well said. Now time to get out of this prison!

joined Sep 12, 2015

But what the hell, it is not possible with an unfortunate letter! he went from cowardly, if before he had a bit of esteem because now Mei even has that! Now yuzu if it's not entirely to blame! but it happened and I really do not expect it to be over soon but if I forget ...

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

Oh wow, more heavy drama. I wonder which route Saburo Uta sensei will take?

As for Mei, is she being home schooled since she don't want to see Yuzu because it will crumble her resolve? If that is the case isn't it going to be suspicious to the grandfather?

joined Jun 30, 2016

This shows that mei stayed as the puppet she always have been, always chained by her families principles and rules and never fighting for her own dreams and happiness, she said "i did this for your sake" "this is the path i have chosen" yeah right! mei is just a coward a big fucking coward that just run way.

Url-2
joined Dec 22, 2015

WHAT THE HECC MEI

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Perhaps this question might serve as a momentary distraction from the communal suffering—when I went to explain the calamity to someone, I realized that I don’t know how “Mei” is pronounced.
So, please help?

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

May-e, from the anime. I've always pronounced it Maye in my head.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

You mean the Mom who married a guy that instantly bounces to the other side of the world?
Not moving on, on weird relationships seems to be running in the Family.

Yuzu even jokes about it in CH1 about her mom bringing in weird boyfriends.
Loving every single bit of this manga though, although I hoped, silently for myself that Yuzu gets over it and moves on.

Screenshot_1
joined Apr 22, 2015

my heart is dying right now ;___;

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

It better not end like this

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Hey Mei, SHUT UP and marry Yuzu instead k thx

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Wow... I really thought things were looking up for once. They were just together and now this? I should of known, as expected of shitrus!

At this point Yuzu should just give up. Mei made the decision on her own. I'm tired of Yuzu chasing after Mei when Mei doesn't put the same work back. Even if she wants Yuzu she won't have her and she never tries to put the same amount of effort into the relationship as Yuzu does. The way the letter is worded seems like Mei won't bother to chase after Yuzu so whats the point. I don't want to see Yuzu do it AGAIN, it's Mei's turn.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

I'm tired of Yuzu chasing after Mei when Mei doesn't put the same work back.

Yes! It's such an unbalanced relationship. Mei is almost like a damsel in distress emotionally, she's constantly being chased after and never ever pulls her own weight in the relationship.

Fb_img_1505910576160
joined Jan 8, 2016

Facc you Mei, facc you all the way to your grandpa's mansion.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 5:52PM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I'm tired of Yuzu chasing after Mei when Mei doesn't put the same work back.

Yes! It's such an unbalanced relationship. Mei is almost like a damsel in distress emotionally, she's constantly being chased after and never ever pulls her own weight in the relationship.

Its sickening really and it just makes Yuzu look like a huge idiot. Mei takes her love for granted and just expects to be forgiven every time she does something horrible. Yuzu is too in love and will forgive her. Its too manipulative.

What Yuzu SHOULD do is continue living her life and make Mei chase after her first. But no... that kind of writing would be too realistic and good. I thought there was a chance for character development with Mei last time but this just ruined that. I don't know how Saburouta is gonna save this dumpster fire.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

What Yuzu SHOULD do is continue living her life and make Mei chase after her first.

That's not what Mei would do. it's been roughly the time they moved to a new school year.
My bet is someone other then Yuzu/Mei is going to get the ball rolling. And my bet it's the guy.

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

I love how Mei resembles her father so much in an aspect like love, both treat their partner equally shitty. Her father who is forcing Yuzu’s mum in a long distance relationship and Mei... well you know how it is :^)

To reply you must either login or sign up.