Forum › Anime season

joined Jun 12, 2015

Can Namori even design male character anyway ? Honest question, I don't remember ever seeing one in her works

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Can Namori even design male character anyway ? Honest question, I don't remember ever seeing one in her works

She has some, you could probably find it on dan/gelbooru.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

She has some, you could probably find it on dan/gelbooru.

Not many! Like, I found 4 of her images with guys in them, out of nearly 600 on danbooru. And the recent ones look a lot like girls

last edited at Jan 30, 2018 11:11PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Nanomachines... it's MGS4 all over again except apparently even worse this time around. Nanomachines that pretty much put you under the control of a malevolent AI (was that what they do? haven't played MGS4 in a long time) versus nanomachines that just serve as an excuse for yuri fanservice... the latter's absolutely worse. Also, some dude ends up with his underage adopted daughter?? Everything you're telling me about this is further decreasing my desire to watch this heh.

As for Release the Spyce, that info has further increased my desire to watch it! I mean, it was pretty obvious that there's gonna be yuri, but it's nice that there's official confirmation of it so quickly.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-31/sword-art-online-alternative-gun-gale-online-reveals-visual-studio-3hz/.127165 Nice the studio that made FlipFlap and Princess Principal!! I'm not expecting real yuri here, I didn't read the novels but there's more chance of Kirito coming out of nowhere and claiming all the girls into his harem than getting something beyond subtext...It's sao after all, a spin off but still SAO.

STILL I'm excited to see this animated, there's a short manga that works as an introduction and it was pretty engaging.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

As far as I know, Kirito doesn't appear at all. Since it's the writer of KnT, I don't really expect any yuri, or any romance at all, though.

One interesting thing about 3hz is that they're one of the few studios that haven't done any harem or cheap fanservice series so far, and I keep wondering how long it'll last. All their series are pretty decent in some way, even when quality is low, so it's funny how they got probably the most decent SAO spin-off.
Well, I would still rather see something else by them, but working on a big name will be good for them, and it seems like something that works for the studio's style.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Could one make a critical analysis on Girls Last Tour? It certainty is a work I feel that leaves you with emotions.

I've finally watched some of last year's Amazon anime starting with this one (I didn't want to pay for both prime and anime strike, so I only recently signed up). I think there is an awful lot in Girl's Last Tour to talk about. It's essentially a thought experiment in a lot of ways, like "if it were REALLY the apocalypse and everything was REALLY dead, what happens to the last people?" on one hand, and "what is life for? What is being human?" on the other.

I would only do a real analysis if someone would give me a Master's degree for it (long story, I kinda hate writing), but my thoughts in brief - from an existential POV, there isn't that much between each of us and Chito and Yuuri. We are all headed towards certain death. We have made decisions about how to live our lives, and make decisions every day, but when we face death in the end there is still no answer to whether we made the right decisions or not. We are severely limited in abilities and our lives are short.

Each of the episodes touches on small parts of what it means to live and be human. I was particularly impressed with how it touched on the human relationship to nature in the living fish episode - the sentiment is not new but the context makes a point usually missed by most people in our society, namely that human beings are entirely dependent on the natural environment to survive. We must eat living things, the air we breathe is made by living things, and in a "city world" we are made unconscious of our actual means of survival. The music episode was also interesting to me on a personal level, really what is music and why is it pleasing? The aesthetic experience of art and music is one of my reasons to live, certainly. Several time the question of what culture is and what it is for are brought up.

There are a lot of things in there. The manga and the anime have different endings addressing different aspects of human life.

If I were more ambitious and/or rich, there are a few manga I would like to see in print for what they are - important contributions to human culture on the same level as great novels. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Koi Kaze, and Girl's Last Tour are on that list. If I were handing out Nobel prizes, I wouldn't be talking about Haruki Murakami, I would be talking about the authors of works like these.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Wow you guys are really selling Mai animes short...

Sure they weren't perfect, but they were far from the garbage you are making them to be. Well first of all, I agree that mangas are trash that shouldn't exist. You have 2 animes with main female protagonist and in general focused around female cast and what do you do? You make 1 manga into ecchi with male protagonist and turn 3 main girls that except for 1, had no interest in him whatsoever, into his harem and in other you turn the main character into guy who cross-dresses and make actual main character from anime into comic relief and in general turn pretty serious anime into comedy. Yea, did not read far into mangas.

About yuri, yes there is not much of it and it isn't the best industry has to offer, but that is the issue. Those series weren't about yuri, so going with expectation of seeing it will ruin your experience of it for sure.

Mai-hime was het with 1 side character that happened to be lesbian. To be honest, people say like she is typical villain, you know, not straight people always ending up as evil ones, but she was actually more flashed than that. If you are going to say yuri in those series were the product of the time, then she showcase it perfectly. She was a normal girl that just happened to fall in love with her female friend, but lived in society where she would be ridiculed and ostracized for it. So she kept it hidden. And then she was put into some kind of battle royal where live of her loved one was on stake, so she gave it her all to win. She was pushed to edge trying to protect what was the most important thing to her and the worse thing, she couldn't rely on or confide in anyone, especially the one she cared the most about. So all this pushed her to her limit and made her lose control over herself. So yes, she is a product of her environment, but it wasn't like she was evil from start or anything. Her hidden desires just took better of her after quelling them for so long and being put into such extreme situation. In the end she was just human guided by her emotions.

Majority of series is het, so you really should watch it with that in mind. And even the only potential lesbian couple, is not the happiest one as I just said. There actually also seems to be a possible love triangle between Mai, Tate and Mikoto as relationship and connection between Mai and Mikoto does get really close. By the end of the series Mai is basically fighting to save Mikoto because she become so close to her and from what I remember ending pretty much implies all 3 of them hanging together, despite Mai and Tate technically hooking up.

But anyway, that is all just fluff. The core of the story is about fighting each other for ultimate price. As Wtv mentioned, and I totally agree with them, the core story was done really well. You have characters who were born with mysterious power and suddenly they are forced to fight between each other until there is just 1 girl standing (and yes, of course it is only girls) so you already have some heavy drama in it. Made even heaver when the "are you prepared to put at stake what is the most important to you?" turns out to not be your own life, as Mai thought at first, but the life of the person you care about the most. So already, you don't even really fight for your own life, but life of the person you might even care more than yourself and you unwittingly dragged them into it without them even knowing. Just because you have any feelings for them. And it isn't even about love. Mai herself is actually pretty complex character. Her younger brother has a hearth defect and he needs to be supervised 24/7 so she basically sacrificed her entire life to care for him. She even went to the same school as he just so she can watch over him. So she already lost a lot of her youth just at age of 15. For the majority of the series the person that will die if she loses, is actually her younger brother. Sure, series has some comedy and relieve moments, but the further you go, the more dramatic it gets. Other characters with powers are being revealed, fighting become more and more common place and finally there start to be casualties. To me the peak was around episode 20 when the girl that fallen for Mai's younger brother loses and he dies on her eyes which sets her into unstoppable rage. I can't of course not mention the most tragic character which is Alyssa, who has been artificially created to posses power, just so she can take part in this ritual. Her death scene and song is probably one of the most touching scenes in entire anime. So yea, it is just not "het anime with shitty yuri". There is a lot characters driven by different motivations and not all of it is love, with plenty of tragedy and suffering. And yea, I agree retconning that everyone lives was a really dumb idea, but I guess they wanted series to have a uplifting ending instead of traumatizing one. It was kinda explained with Mai recreating the world as she wished, meaning she could just make everything as it was, but yea, it took a lot of weight out of it.

Mai Otome is very similar in a lot of regards, as in, it starts all fun and nice, but as the series progress and especially, after the shift in entire setting, the series gets really dark. First of all, being a Otome (the equivalent of magical girl in this world), is not fun. You are being trained to be a weapon of mass destruction. The way they solved peace in this world is that instead of armies, every country has few Otomes that do the battles for them (iirc they do still have armies, but they are not as effective). So basically your country sends you to academy to be trained to be Otome, once you get back you get contracted with someone and then for the rest of your life (or until you bang a man) you are working as your country entire fire power. I guess since I brought it up I should address it. In a lot of magical girls and similar anime, there is usually really no explanation why they are only girls. Usually they are just because that is what this anime is about, but there is no a in world explanation why a guy can't get that power. So Mai Otome explained it by saying that the nanomachines that you are given to use the Robes, are actually really sensitive to one male enzyme found in sperm so any contact with it will make them stop working and girl will develop immunity to nanomachines, hence they can't be use by male and why you are not allowed any sexual intercourses with guys ). In fact, one of the running gags is that 1 girl that is engaged to prince of one country and is trained to be their Otome, have to be watched 24/7 to prevent them from fucking like rabbits because they love each other so much, they don't give 2 single fucks about country safety.

Entire Arika, the main protagonist of the series and aspiring Otome. I really love her character, because to me she embodiments everything good about human nature. Sure, she is childish (as any 15 years or so would be) and naive, but she is honest and wants to believe in people. She doesn't want to fight, but rather want to find a peaceful solution that will make everyone happy. She wants power to protect, rather to destroy. She of course evolves over the series and learn life is not that easy, but her core doesn't change and she always try her best to communicate first. You also have second main protagonist Mashiro, which is the 15(?) years queen of the country Arika is from. Only reason she is a queen is because the previous one died and they needed someone to inherit the throne, just so they have a ruler, and she was the only candidate for it. She is spoiled and doesn't want to do any work, so obviously someone else actually rule the kingdom. Only after meeting Arika and contracting with her by accident, she realizes how spoiled she was and she actually tries to change herself to become a proper queen. So they have a interesting dynamic where Arika is people's person trying to make sure everyone is happy and Mashiro that tries to be a good ruler and sometimes have to make hard choices. Of course there is also a lot bickery between them. By the end of the series you could say, they basically are a couple, (more on that later). So of course there is a lot of other characters I won't be going into detail here.

Also the powers and fights are kick-ass. I really love the idea of Robes, which you equp using different gems in your earring. You couldn't possibly get more girly way to use your power. You have some basic powers and skills, but depending on gem you get access to unique weapons and abilities. In order to use the strongest gems you need to make a contract with someone which is why it is such a big deal and countries usually contract their rulers/presidents with their main Otomes. Btw. probably the most interesting aspect of it all is the fact, that in order to use Robes you have to connect to internet... I'm not even kidding. Unless you make a contract with someone, which allows you to draw power from them I guess (I don't really remember details or if it even was explained in series) and only if they are close enough, you actually connect with manmade satellite that connect you to server and allows materialization. Without it, you can't use your Robe and have to rely only on your basic strength. The best part it is a freaking plot point in the show!. So at first it is all nice and comedy, but as the story goes you start to realize how fucked up this world is. To not look to far, the entire Otome system is messed up, because it is basically using children as a weapons. The reason it was created was to lower the bloodshed and make peace by giving everyone equal power, because only Garderobe Academy (clever name right xD?) has the lost technology they use to create Otome. But even this doesn't work in the long run as human greed is stronger and other countries try to find a way to size the technology just for themselves, which is basically what happens later and leads to all out war. So of course because there is all sort of factions at play, there is a lot conflict between different characters, since they are on different sides and once peace is broken they have to fight each other. I could try to describe all of it, but I'd be basically describing entire anime and no matter how much I do, it won't give you the full experience and attachment I felt, when bad things were happening to characters I grow to like.

So as Wtv said, the whole yuri thing came natural from the setting and circumstances the girls are set in and there was 1 character that basically was a evil lesbian. I can't really defend her since in the end she was pretty much evil, but I guess evil people can happen to be lesbians too? Other stuff is legit though. Similar like with Mai Hime, but here much prevalent is the idea of friendship. Sure, there is het too, but it is not only about that and definitely not just about wanting to suck someone's dick. You go to school together. You sleep in the same room. You spend time. And then you are forced to fight each other to dead in the name of your country. That is what happens to Arika, Nina and Erstin in which Erstin dies killed in cross-fire. After that Nina and Arika parts ways and while Nina is filled with hatred towards Arika, Arika never stops believing in her friend and until the end of the series she tries to convince her to stop fighting and later saves her. Sure, of course you can look into their relationship with yuri googles, but as was mentioned before both of them fall in love with Sergay. I won't go into too much details with it, but I didn't mind it that much since, 1. as if no girl ever fallen for older, cool guy who is dependable and somewhat handsome, 2. in the end it is still anime aimed at girls, so there had to be some romance, 3. I don't really remember that well if he actually liked back either of them and even if, I'm not as outraged just because of age difference, because something like consent and mutual feelings exist even for 15 years old girls, but hey, they are trained to be weapons of mass destruction and actually fought in real battles, in the setting of the world they are pretty much considered adults that can make their own decisions. And yes, Nina tried to sleep with him, I don't remember details, but part of it was that she was sick of being Otome and responsibilities she had because of it, so she tried to get rid of her power, but in the end they didn't do it. Don't remember because of who and if Sergay agreed to date her or not. But even if, and you still want to criticize them because of it, their love is not all sunshine and rainbows, as at the end of series Sergay gets injured and he lost all his memories because of it, so last time they are shown, they live together, but I don't think they are actually a couple, she is more taking care of him, because of his amnesia. Especially since in sequel she still has Otome's power so they didn't have sex. As for Arika, as I mentioned before, she had some feelings for Sergay, but later, especially since he turns out to work for bad guys and runs away with Nina, it become less and less relevant and by the end of series is basically forgotten, as her entire motivation turns into stopping war, saving Nina. By the end of the show she is left with Mashiro as her Otome and as I mentioned before, a huge part of the show revolves around their relationship and how they grow closers and learn to trust each other, so you can ship them as much as you want. Especially since in OVA once Mashiro goes missing Arika is totally out of it and even 1 character comments, she looks like someone who is lovesick (as in, she is missing her lover).

I guess I should have mention it at the beginning, but the whole deal with Mai Hime/Otome is that those stories are set in alternative universes, hence why a lot of characters appears in both with basically same personalities/relationships and usually similar powers (not because staff was just too lazy to design different ones, I'm sure). So say what you want about ShizuNatsu and the crazy lesbian, but both series gave us the awesome and wonderful friendship (love, if you choose to interpret it as such, they do act like a married couple in Mai Otome) of Haruka and Yukino. Not to mention Haruka in Mai Otome is one of the badassest characters in anime I saw in general. Especially her scene in OVA where she was the only one that manage to deal dmg to mysterious bad after she was already defeated.

I don't really remember the lap dancing thing.

Well there was some yuri teasing in prequel OVA, which was a bit weird, but I didn't mind it much since we were introduced to Garderobe's Monster, the strongest Otome to ever live and every single frame of anime with her in it was awesome. She was so strong, normal gems would break just from her using it, even those special gems you need to make a contract with someone would not be strong enough for her to go all out. She had to find lost, special gem that had 2 stages to contain all her power. The last scene where she single-handedly defeats all of current Five Columns, best Otomes picked to govern the school, gives me chills everytime I see it. The translation here ruins her sorta catchphrase of "If you look away, you'll die." though.

Also both series has good soundtrack, but especially Mai Otome's was amazing.

So yea, I can understand the desire to watch something that 100% focus on yuri, but I also like watching something where yuri is just one of the parts, or sometimes it just happens to be there and is not really a focus, but including it is a nice touch, but honestly attitude of some yuri fans really pisses me off. Only wanting something to be 100% devoted to yuri and if it isn't or doesn't fulfill their specific demands and expectation in exact way, they will bash and burn it to dead. A lot of subtext anime/manga, that basically are 100% yuri and devoted to yuri, just didn't go 1 step more of actually saying "I love you", "My girlfriend" or "We are going out", are destroyed, because of some unreachable standards and deemed as simply "fanservice, male pandering trash".

Also, I didn't see either of those series in like 10 years and yet I remember so much of them, because they left that strong impression on me. Sure they have their goofy moments and aren't perfect, but I have really good memories of them and especially Mai Otome, has been stuck with me since then, so people trashing them, just because there is no enough yuri and too much het, as if that was all that mattered in show (not to mention, how overexaggerated some of those claims are) really annoys me. I didn't bother with spoilers for the most part, because people already concluded they are trash not worth watching, so unless I spoil stuff, nobody is going to give them second chance.

last edited at Jan 31, 2018 4:53PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

As Nevri said, don't bother with the mangas, they are an adaptation of the animes which in turn were original and weren't from any medium.

If you are so assblasted about the het and haven't watched it don't speak about it like you know what you are talking about.

Keep in mind that it was made in 2004 and Mai-Otome was in 2005, and because you're so spoiled by recent years' yuri in anime/manga you shouldn't call trash one of the first works to include meaningful lesbians just because the show wasn't full of lesbians.

Watch it because of the premise and not for the yuri.

FYI Shizuru gets together with Natsuki after HiME, she accepted Shizuru's confession even if it was in supplementary material.

last edited at Jan 31, 2018 5:00PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm not gonna read all about Otome because I didn't saw that, and you're wrong assuming that as yuri fans we want animes to be 100% about yuri, no no no all we want is to something real, and my complain was because I decided to watch one of the most famous yuri anime in the world (I've saw it mentioned in lists and forums since I started with this genre) just to find A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT OF HET, of course I'm gonna be mad, confused and disappointed after 11 chapters with no yuri (only very subtle subtext or friendship) even when I skipped 7 chapters ahead to be sure, and I could've stay for the story or the animation but they just keep pushing salt in the wound like that kendo guy who keeps showing up whenever a girl gets naked and that was like an insult, like a very awful meticulous prank some people prepared all these years just for me or anyone unaware about the series real demographic which is NOT yuri fans, so I gave it up not because it was bad (it wasn't all that good either with many silly chapters) but because I didn't spoil myself before starting to avoid getting my hopes up and crushed, because if I did it would've been a totally different story.

About yuri, yes there is not much of it and it isn't the best industry has to offer, but that is the issue. Those series weren't about yuri, so going with expectation of seeing it will ruin your experience of it for sure

Pretty much this, if you see my previous comments I didn't complain about the plot or the details, just the cheap ecchi and the fact that it was spread as yuri when it should never have.

PS: No one said it was trash

last edited at Jan 31, 2018 5:33PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Just to be clear, I don't think it's a waste of time watching it because of some interesting things, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, even people who are not yuri fans, because to me there's just too much flaws for that. Of course, opinions are different, but I can just judge with my own vision. I think both series suffer from pacing and having way too much episodes than they should. Mai-Hime's flaws is to be slow. The story starts to get interesting after some ten episodes, before that it's pretty much pointless episodes and fanservice. By the way, that reminds me, the series was clearly not aimed at girls, you don't put tentacles and naked girls in series aimed at girls. Not that this is a problem, I just remember you implied that in the text. The second part of Hime is actually good, but people have to suffer to get there.

Mai Otome what killed it was the romance, yeah, not because it was het, but because it took 1/3 of the series in a melodrama typical of soap operas, with something that was supposed to be an action series, and it brought literally nothing to Arika's character or development. I would probably hate it even if Sergay was a girl. The sequel OVAs were actually pretty fun, what makes me sad, because that was what the series could be.
I really didn't like anything about the prequel OVAs, but still.

Just to correct something, but Sergay and Nina are supposed to be a couple in the OVAs. Arika makes a point that them didn't have sex yet, but they implied they would do eventually. It's just that they wanted Nina fighting there, so...

Mai Hime and Mai Otome to me is kinda like Re:Creators, an anime that I really liked the ending, but I can't recommend to anyone because 90% of it is "Exposition - the anime".
So, just to be clear, my biggest problem with the series are writing flaws, not the lack of yuri. I just focused on that point here because that was what was brought, and people think about the anime as "yuri anime", for some reason, what is wrong.

By the way, Natsuki accepting Shizuru's confession offscreen was pretty much retcon made by the authors because of fan reaction. Not that this is bad, but her intention was clearly not that in the anime itself.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

and you're wrong assuming that as yuri fans we want animes to be 100% about yuri

I know not everyone is like that, that is why I said some. Still they exist and I saw them in action here on dynasty enough times. I got a bit similar vibe with the way you were talking about Mais, hence my respond.

and my complain was because I decided to watch one of the most famous yuri anime in the world

I really feel bad for you about this. As person who watched it somewhere near its release, I think when I watched it, anime was already finished, I had no idea about show, so I watched it without any expectations. I really don't know why it is considered yuri anime at all. Sure it had a lesbian which people started writing/drawing about and I suppose since they only cared about yuri they kept talking about that ship, but in the end, the show isn't about them at all. They are one of many things in this show and not even that important. I suppose it is because back then there was barely any yuri so for people that was what they could consider yuri anime, so I can understand why by today's standards it is nowhere near what you would expect from it. And of course if only thing you hear about this show is that is has popular paring, that there is tones of materials about them on the internet, you would start building certain expectations of what you will get in show, when in fact, their is not much of their interactions shown during entire series as there is too much other stuff going.

(it wasn't all that good either with many silly chapters)

You keep using word "chapter", when we (I at least) talk about anime, so I'm not sure if you just use it instead of "episode" or you still talk about manga and never watched anime, because if that is the case (the ecchi scenes you describe don't ring a bell, but maybe I just don't remember them) then you really should not base quality of anime, based on manga, because even with it's faults, anime is way better.

Wtv posted:

The story starts to get interesting after some ten episodes, before that it's pretty much pointless episodes and fanservice.

I'd probably agree with you if I'd rewatch the show, as it was really long since then so I only remember the good parts. As I said, both shows are far from perfect, but they had enough good and interesting concepts and drama, to let me ignore those parts (it was also when I was starting getting into anime for real, so I was most likely much more forgiving than I'm now)

By the way, that reminds me, the series was clearly not aimed at girls, you don't put tentacles and naked girls in series aimed at girls. Not that this is a problem, I just remember you implied that in the text.

I actually said it about Mai Otome, but I see your point. I guess the target audience can be argued, but I'm personally not fan of setting hard lines, because everyone enjoys different things and some girls do like tentacles and naked girls (we all can agree about second part).

because it took 1/3 of the series in a melodrama typical of soap operas

I guess. I was just so taken into setting and other stuff I could ignore it or it didn't bother me as much. Or again, I wasn't exposed to it enough yet to actually bother me. Also remembering only good parts still applies. I'm pretty confident in still enjoying this series after rewatching it again though.

The sequel OVAs were actually pretty fun, what makes me sad, because that was what the series could be.
I really didn't like anything about the prequel OVAs, but still.

Ironically I found prequel OVAs better than sequel. I like sequel, it expend on world, shows how things changed, had some really cool moments and fights, but I felt like it was too dragged out and had too many unnecessary things. Also the whole plot was pretty convoluted, though I liked some parts of it. On the other hand prequel was pretty tied and to the point, the conflict was simple and of course we get to see Rena in action, since in original show we didn't even see her and only heard about how badass she was when alive.

Just to correct something, but Sergay and Nina are supposed to be a couple in the OVAs. Arika makes a point that them didn't have sex yet, but they implied they would do eventually. It's just that they wanted Nina fighting there, so...

I see. Then I didn't remember that. Now that you mention, I do vaguely remember something like that in OVA. I do agree on them just wanting Nina to show up for a fight.

So, just to be clear, my biggest problem with the series are writing flaws, not the lack of yuri. I just focused on that point here because that was what was brought, and people think about the anime as "yuri anime", for some reason, what is wrong.

Sure and yea, it really is not yuri anime. I guess people who mostly recommend it, are people who got into yuri because of it and after spending so much time on reading/writing/drawing doujins and fanfics about them, they forgot what anime is actually about. They really should update those lists or at least give a short note of actual amount of yuri in them. I guess something like our Ultimate Yuri Anime List.

I hope neither of you felt offended, as that was not my intention and at no point I was trying to insult anyone.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

No ofense taken. And, well, I did watch it literally last year. I'm sure I would've liked it better if I watched it ten years ago, considering the kind of thing I watched then.
I also tried to watch Strawberry Panic recently and didn't got past episode 2. I guess most old animes just aren't for me.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-31/sword-art-online-alternative-gun-gale-online-reveals-visual-studio-3hz/.127165 Nice the studio that made FlipFlap and Princess Principal!! I'm not expecting real yuri here, I didn't read the novels but there's more chance of Kirito coming out of nowhere and claiming all the girls into his harem than getting something beyond subtext...It's sao after all, a spin off but still SAO.

Pretty certain Kirito doesn't show up. Like, multiple people that've read the source material have said this

I wouldn't read too much into 3Hz being the studio; they don't have much in the way of recurring staff

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ah my bad, I say episode and chapter because I thought it was the same than spanish... We say capitulo and episodio when we're talking about anime, no I did not read the manga, only saw the first 11 episodes of Mai Hime and 17 and 18 just to make I wasn't mistaken, and I was mistaken. But it wasn't rude or anything what you said, I was just venting my anger.

I also tried to watch Strawberry Panic recently and didn't got past episode 2. I guess most old animes just aren't for me.

That's sad... I loved one of the side couples more than the main

As for 3Hz, based on character design alone I think we can expect at least the same visuals of Princess Principal, that's pretty good imo

last edited at Feb 1, 2018 1:25AM

joined Dec 4, 2017

I am a big fan of anime but cannot watch it normally like other people. Because in my country many sites for watching tv shows and anime are forbidden. But I found successful solution – use private proxy app which you can find at
https://buy.fineproxy.org/eng/index.html This soft also protects my privacy on the internet.

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 4:51AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I loved one of the side couples more than the main

Side couples is the reason why I consider giving it another chance eventually. I just really hated the main couple.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Tbh I found the first 6 episodes of Strawberry Panic to be a snorefest, the show doesn't get good until 7 or 8. It's definitely not for everyone.

last edited at Feb 1, 2018 8:13AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Slow star was super gay- I mean good! this week too... Funny how Eiko being a lady killer loses her composure around the sensei (well, her attacks could be too strong).

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Loving it but not sure if I wanted the confession so fast, what I'm 100% I don't like is the chef, but I guess stories like this needs guys like that .I also thought the old man was almost forty, it came as a shock to know he's 45

I thought takunomi was about drunk girls or just having a nice time together but is just propaganda like the ramen otaku antisocial girl.

Toji no Miko is still pretty good! but Yuru camp is goooooooooooood!!!

Sora yori mo Tooi Basho takes first place in my list, is just really nice, original and the characters feel fresh, authentic too damn you glasses girl you crazy I can't wait to see them reaching their goal.

last edited at Feb 3, 2018 10:58PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Slow Start was gayer than usual this week, which is always welcome!

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Slow Start was gayer than usual this week, which is always welcome!

You can tell the author wrote a lot of BuCap(Saki) doujins.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Please watch Miira no Kaikata for cuteness overload. Ignore the fact that the human characters are generic & bland & just watch it for the little cuties.

joined Dec 4, 2016

No ofense taken. And, well, I did watch it literally last year. I'm sure I would've liked it better if I watched it ten years ago, considering the kind of thing I watched then.

Same, I never liked those classic Yuri anime. Characters and the dinamic expectedly like from old shoujo manga(well they are old anime).

last edited at Feb 5, 2018 2:19AM

joined Feb 15, 2013

Only finished Girls Last Tour today, and wow, what's a masterpiece. A bittersweet masterpiece with some of the best music sprinkled on top. One of the best anime that I watched in the past decade and could definitely challenge for the top spot.

It's good even without yuri, and the last episode throw a gay ball at us. Let's just say that Yuu x Chito is as canon as a non-niche anime can get them to. What's a strong end to a fantastic anime

last edited at Feb 5, 2018 10:42AM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

I'm glad GLT is receiving the love it deserves.

To reply you must either login or sign up.