Forum › Anime season

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Next season:

Shy is coming back

My Deer Friend Nokotan does have yuri, but it's an absurd gag comedy, so it's not very serious yuri

Nanare Hananare is a schoolgirl series, and it's coming to us from the main Bandori director. Probably going to be at least a bit gay

Mayonaka Punch is all-female. I'd expect it to at least have subtext

VTuber Legend is apparently a fairly accurate depiction of vtuber streams, so I'd expect flirting

Dungeon People doesn't look to have any outright romance, but with the main characters both being female it'll probably be shippable

joined Jun 3, 2020

2.5 Dimensional Seduction also has an actual lesbian couple among the supporting characters, but they didn't get an arc focused on them until very recently in the manga (as in, the arc ended literally last week), so it's obviously not going to be in the anime, even if it's already confirmed to be 24 episodes long.

On the other hand, it's shockingly easy to ship the girls together even though this is a harem title. There were times while I was reading the manga where I seriously started to think the MC was a bait and the main female lead was the real harem protagonist all along, because she has a very harem-esque power of making everyone love her. And she manages to be even more blatantly bi than Marin from the similar title Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru.

last edited at May 31, 2024 9:39PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Man that last episode (#9) of Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night went hard. Not so much with regards to being yuri (though it's extremely relevant here), but moreso with regards to being my favorite episode of all the shows I've been watching this season so far.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Jellyfish's last episode was rough on my heart.
And in the preview we see Kano being depressed, which means this episode is looking like it'll be rough too.
It also looks like it'll be a Mei episode, which doesn't help since she's by far my least favorite character. Her whole "Kano-tan is my oshi!" act was kinda funny at first but it's been getting old.

Girls Band Cry continues to be great. All the discussion over translation of "that scene" from episode 8 has been interesting: https://old.reddit.com/r/yurimemes/comments/1d774ya/well_this_is_awful_girls_band_cry/

last edited at Jun 5, 2024 10:50AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

When I saw the creepy otaku in Jellyfish 07 I decided not to watch the next episode, then I heard the one after that was drama heavy, looks like things will stay that way for a while which kinda sucks, even if I don't know the reason yet, makes me feel like is better to wait until the series is over now and I was looking forward to each episode every week before :(

THANK GOD for Yuru camp and Dungeon meshi! and I'm going to consume Girls Band Cry soon

joined Aug 29, 2019

Jellyfish's last episode was rough on my heart.
And in the preview we see Kano being depressed, which means this episode is looking like it'll be rough too.

Yeah the current high drama arc isn't the fluff you might want from a CGDCT show, but I really appreciate the way it's done. It seems relatively well grounded and I think the characters are all acting in a very consistent and "realistic" manner according to what we know (or have just learned, talk about presenting backstory) about them. I don't watch external previews for future episodes. I usually take my anime as they come, when they come.

I had the impression that they took a very effective "show don't tell" approach to both current and past events in this episode, with little commentary added (e.g. mama Hayakawa's manipulative approach to negotiation was super well presented without overplaying it too much or making her an obvious villain). In the later parts it felt more like Kano was reliving some of her uncomfortable experiences, allowing us to learn of the past through her eyes, rather than having her explain it to others (which is what I meant by "commentary").
Direction, acting and animation were top notch in this one.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

So Hana wa Saku, Shura no Gotoku, Takeda Ayano's series about a high school recitation club is getting an anime adaptation.
I'm honestly p hype about this, it's a great series. Dunno much about Studio Bind but they did Onimai!, which was good, so there's that~

https://x.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1800837218195431839

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Takeda Ayano anime adaptation

Author of Hibike Euphonium

I know I have plenty of company in the many yuri fans who were traumatized by the Euphonium yuri bait. Couldn't continue that series after a male background character came out of basically nowhere to pair with the MC.

I'll have to 100% know whether there'll be yuri or not with this new anime before I can consider watching this one. "Fool me once, shame on me..." and all that.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I know I have plenty of company in the many yuri fans who were traumatized by the Euphonium yuri bait. Couldn't continue that series after a male background character came out of basically nowhere to pair with the MC.

I'll have to 100% know whether there'll be yuri or not with this new anime before I can consider watching this one. "Fool me once, shame on me..." and all that.

I don't think it's labeled yuri anywhere. It doesn't seem like it is, based on what I've seen of that manga on Mangadex.

last edited at Jun 13, 2024 7:54AM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Can't blame the author for the Euphonium anime bait. That's entirely on KyoAni.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well if you check the manga volume covers, starts with 2 girls for vol 1 and 2 and then guys starts to show up for the rest so yeah if you're looking for that, I would NOT recommend this author, not even for a side couple.

To reply you must either login or sign up.