Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

marge123 posted:

This has been one of my favorite Manga novels. It’s a typical story of a girl who is so timid and a popular boy. Sawako kind of remind me of not just Sadako of The Ring, but so as Sunako Nakahara of Yamato Nadeshiko. My favorite part is when they have found a dog with a red leash on their way to school. They have adopted him and named him Maru and that is where their friendship begins. It is actually a typical love story wherein Mr. Popular meets Ms. Nobody. I am still waiting for the continuation of the story as the last update from Karuho Shiina as I don’t think that the story is not yet finish.

You mean Kimi ni todoke right? the manga ended in november https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-12/kimi-ni-todoke-manga-ends-in-november/.122574 I don't know if all the chapters are translated already.

joined Nov 26, 2017

marge123 posted:

This has been one of my favorite Manga novels. It’s a typical story of a girl who is so timid and a popular boy. Sawako kind of remind me of not just Sadako of The Ring, but so as Sunako Nakahara of Yamato Nadeshiko. My favorite part is when they have found a dog with a red leash on their way to school. They have adopted him and named him Maru and that is where their friendship begins. It is actually a typical love story wherein Mr. Popular meets Ms. Nobody. I am still waiting for the continuation of the story as the last update from Karuho Shiina as I don’t think that the story is not yet finish.

You mean Kimi ni todoke right? the manga ended in november https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-12/kimi-ni-todoke-manga-ends-in-november/.122574 I don't know if all the chapters are translated already.

I will check it out then, thanks for the information.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I don't see people talking much about Koi wa Ameagari no You ni it is really controversial, even though the girl is already in legal age to marry, the age gap is just too big and the man has a kid (Around 8yo). And is not something for yuri fans either although one of the girls seems to have unrequited love for Tachibana and yet I watch it, and I think is one of the best this season... I feel like it wouldn't work, no matter what and that's really cruel, in the other hand if you read Yuzumori san you know that eventually they will look good together and no one will complain, but the love in Ameagari doesn't have that, in fact, time will only make it worse... and yet they make it look beautiful.

There's going to be a live action too but from what I seen in the trailer, it doesn't work quite well...

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

^Looks creepy at a glance seeing the protagonists together, but I guess maybe the guy's likable if you watch the show?

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I love the show (and the manga). It's super pretty and the anime is nicely directed too. Old guy is a really good guy, and his son is the cute kind of kid instead of the annoying type. I don't know where the relationship will go, but the journey there is really fun.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The manga will end in the next two chapters, probably the same way than the anime?

themusicman500 posted:

^Looks creepy at a glance seeing the protagonists together, but I guess maybe the guy's likable if you watch the show?

Yeah, the guy is too nice for his own good so even as manager, his employees don't respect him... He's also quiet in nature (he likes books). Plus the ending song is the best song this season (is not a reason to watch the anime) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLbOid9mRi4

I prefer this age gap relationship more than the one in Mahoutsukai no yome, I guess I can't see Elias as an adult or human, and it wasn't love at first, but desperate codependency... I don't know what is like lately, I stopped watching mahoutsukai in the first half

last edited at Feb 23, 2018 9:32AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

I prefer this age gap relationship more than the one in Mahoutsukai no yome, I guess I can't see Elias as an adult or human, and it wasn't love at first, but desperate codependency... I don't know what is like lately, I stopped watching mahoutsukai in the first half

I really liked setting and Chise so I didn't mind weird bought to be married thing (and for the most part it didn't felt like Elias was serious, since he mostly focused on her training). Not to mention he doesn't treat her as his slave or property and doesn't force her to anything and even other characters commented how stupid the idea of marring is, so it really doesn't feel like series will go there in the end. Idk if you got there in anime, but in manga it is revealed, that despite living for ages, Elias still doesn't understand humans at all, so he hoped he would finally get a clue by "rising one on his own", so Chise was basically experiment if he can understand human emotions thanks to her, so it was desperate attempt on his part as well. And he does slowly start to show emotions, even if he can't tell what he is feeling, as he becomes more attached to Chise, but it is really hard to say if we really go love with it. So far it feels more like 2 characters trying to help each other learn how to live their lives again, so yea I guess you are right by not seeing him as human, because he isn't. I'm seriously curious where story will go.

last edited at Feb 24, 2018 12:12AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Toji no Miko had a shaky start but it's become surprisingly enjoyable. I was expecting mostly monster of the week episodes with occasional plot, but it's been all plot so far. I think we might be getting a yuri subplot too! If it goes somewhere, this being a two-cour anime would let it build up more slowly. Of course, more episodes also means more time for the plot and production to fall apart, so I guess we'll see how it goes.

This week's Antarctica made me wonder why we were supposed to care about the guy with a crush on Gin all of a sudden, it was weird. It felt pointless even by obligatory romantic subplot standards. All it did was strengthen my belief that Gin had unrequited feelings for Shirase's mom (which would be depressing). The last scene was great though!

joined Nov 30, 2011

Went old school and fired up School Rumble (dub)...Kenji Harima is what my past high school self wanted to be. This series slays me.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

This week's Antarctica made me wonder why we were supposed to care about the guy with a crush on Gin all of a sudden, it was weird. It felt pointless even by obligatory romantic subplot standards. All it did was strengthen my belief that Gin had unrequited feelings for Shirase's mom (which would be depressing). The last scene was great though!

You weren't supposed to care about the guy with a crush on Gin. I mean, the characters sure didn't. I'm pretty certain that what you got out of it was intended

joined Jan 21, 2015

You weren't supposed to care about the guy with a crush on Gin. I mean, the characters sure didn't. I'm pretty certain that what you got out of it was intended

Yeah, I realized this probably wasn't going to go the way I thought it was when he explained the situation and everyone started making fun of the poor guy instead of encouraging him. I still wonder what the purpose of it was, though. It was kind of random, especially with only a few more episodes to go. I guess we'll find out more later?

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

So...

What series has been (and still is) gay this season?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So...

Citrus and sometimes Slow Start

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

So...

Citrus and sometimes Slow Start

Sometimes

90% of the show is girls getting wet over Eiko.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Thought Yurucamp also is pretty gay?

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Thought Yurucamp also is pretty gay?

We still have to wait for the naked cuddling for warmth scene.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Watching yurucamp today it was really cute seeing Saitou teasing Shimarin to come to the xmas camp using her relationship with Nadeshiko... Like, she knows you know?

Girl's last tour For those who read the manga, you know what happened at the end... but today I saw an after ending 47.5 in raw! I really want to know what it says!! Edit: Oh I guess the author just wanted to make it more clear after all

last edited at Mar 8, 2018 12:46PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Girl's last tour For those who read the manga, you know what happened at the end... but today I saw an after ending 47.5 in raw! I really want to know what it says!! Edit: Oh I guess the author just wanted to make it more clear after all

Tkmiz's afterwords translated on /a/:
This world is so huge and complex that it will disappear with lots of things remaining undiscovered.
However, I think, perhaps, I made this work as I wanted to believe that, no matter the time, the joy of being alive will never fade away, and Chito and Yuuri believed in that too.
This is what this work is about
Thank you so much for reading until the end.

The potatoes are in a better place now. Together in the afterlife a rice field.

last edited at Mar 9, 2018 12:04PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Tkmiz's afterwords translated on /a/:
This world is so huge and complex that it will disappear with lots of things remaining undiscovered.
However, I think, perhaps, I made this work as I wanted to believe that, no matter the time, the joy of being alive will never fade away, and Chito and Yuuri believed in that too.
This is what this work is about
Thank you so much for reading until the end.

The potatoes are in a better place now. Together in the afterlife a rice field.

I believe that they reincarnated into our world and are in romantic relationship, as showed in Chi's dream sequence

Chito x Yuuri confirmed to be totally canon

last edited at Mar 11, 2018 1:48PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That stick is as useful as his flying cloud now... I guess Toriyama wants to keep the Monkey King stuff from the legend, perhaps for nostalgia alone.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Kalafina is disbanding :(

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hinata from Sora Yori mo made me cry today, great episode... Thank you madhouse! best Tuesdays ever !

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

That stick is as useful as his flying cloud now... I guess Toriyama wants to keep the Monkey King stuff from the legend, perhaps for nostalgia alone.

I bet it's just a 'first promotional art' thing, the first one for Resurrection of F ended up having nothing to do with the movie

joined Jan 21, 2015

Hinata from Sora Yori mo made me cry today, great episode... Thank you madhouse! best Tuesdays ever !

It was such a great episode! "Fuck you for hurting our friend" scenes are often satisfying and this one was no exception. I'm glad Hinata has such good friends.
Also: when Kanae referred to Shirase as Gin and Takako's daughter I had to replay that bit to make sure I hadn't read it wrong and check the audio. I was leaning towards the interpretation that Gin spent years/decades pining for Takako like your standard tragic lesbian, but episode 9 did make them look a bit like a nontraditional family unit. I hadn't thought of it that way, but then I tend to need things to be spelled out for me before I understand them.

To reply you must either login or sign up.