Forum › Futari Monologue discussion

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

There is english subs for the first Ep now! :D

here or here too
chances are good that there is more to come :3

Awesome! Really hoping the rest of them get translated.

Also, I'd say the second link definitely has the better subs.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

here or here too

Awesome! Really hoping the rest of them get translated.

Also, I'd say the second link definitely has the better subs.

personally I liked the first one better (I don't know if it is more accurate, but I sounds a bit more natural in english), but oh well^^

ep 2 was now also released by this channel
seems like she always releases on wednesdays

last edited at Dec 19, 2017 1:36PM

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Thank you for those links! Do you happen to know when the episodes catch up with the manga? I kinda don't want to spoil the manga, or read it before looking at the drama.

Ah, I don't know if I like where the drama is going... I guess it can't adapt the story as is, but it kind changes the characters altogether. I guess the starting point and the goals are the same, probably. But making Mikage the reason they friendship stopped is a big thing...

last edited at Jan 6, 2018 6:15PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Thank you for those links! Do you happen to know when the episodes catch up with the manga? I kinda don't want to spoil the manga, or read it before looking at the drama.

Ah, I don't know if I like where the drama is going... I guess it can't adapt the story as is, but it kind changes the characters altogether. I guess the starting point and the goals are the same, probably. But making Mikage the reason they friendship stopped is a big thing...

I guess if you watch up to episode 3 you should be safe. There are some additional scenes in the webseries that are not even based on chapters of the manga, though. They could still come later, but for the ones up to ep3 it would not make any sense to appaer in the manga anymore imo.
Yeah, I also kind of disliked how weird Mikage was portraied and Hinata doesn't seem to want to get to know Mikage better in the webseries, but it gets better over time. I think ep4-6 are really heading in the right direction, but those would be with spoilers if you want to wait for the manga. Though there is no telling if manga and live action will be on the same track.

last edited at Jan 7, 2018 7:56AM

joined Dec 7, 2017

Do you happen to know when the episodes catch up with the manga?

Here is what I believe how it roughly aligns. (Though as mentioned, note that the drama is an adaptatioin and it adds and removes things.)

Drama Ep 1 - Manga Ch 1, 2
Drama Ep 2 - Manga Ch 11, 14, 3
Drama Ep 3 - Manga Ch 4, 5, 8, 6
Drama Ep 4 - Manga Ch 7, 17, 21
Drama Ep 5 - Original episode + Manga Ch 13
Drama Ep 6 - Manga Ch 27, 36

So for English readers, Drama Ep 1 and 3 should be spoiler free.

Source: I watched and read all in Japanese. Apologies if I'm missing something, though.

I don't think the drama made an alternative closure to the story - it felt as though they told the first half (or quarter or whatever) of the story and ran out of time in the live action, while the manga continued after that point. The ending was fine and not so abrupt because it's basically a slice-of-life story, overall, though. It also leaves room for a second series. The live action series is scheduled to be on-air in a weekly TV program in Tokyo starting in a few days. Fans are speculating if it makes a hit and they might decide to produce a second series.

last edited at Jan 8, 2018 10:10AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Do you happen to know when the episodes catch up with the manga?

Here is what I believe how it roughly aligns. (Though as mentioned, note that the drama is an adaptatioin and it adds and removes things.)

Drama Ep 1 - Manga Ch 1, 2
Drama Ep 2 - Manga Ch 11, 14, 3
Drama Ep 3 - Manga Ch 4, 5, 8, 6
Drama Ep 4 - Manga Ch 7, 17, 21
Drama Ep 5 - Original episode + Manga Ch 13
Drama Ep 6 - Manga Ch 27, 36

So for English readers, Drama Ep 1 and 3 should be spoiler free.

Source: I watched and read all in Japanese. Apologies if I'm missing something, though.

I don't think the drama made an alternative closure to the story - it felt as though they told the first half (or quarter or whatever) of the story and ran out of time in the live action, while the manga continued after that point. The ending was fine and not so abrupt because it's basically a slice-of-life story, overall, though. It also leaves room for a second series. The live action series is scheduled to be on-air in a weekly TV program in Tokyo starting in a few days. Fans are speculating if it makes a hit and they might decide to produce a second series.

Oh, so there's so many chapters already? I only read up until Ch8, so... i didn't think there were so many, because the tranlation kind of slowed down.
Edit: wow I just saw how many chapters there really are. Guess I'll have something better to do than sleeping.

last edited at Jan 8, 2018 6:47PM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

here or here too

Me: I'm gonna sleep early today.
Also me: I NEED TO WATCH THIS, I NEED IT (are 3:15 AM in my country right now)

Also, DING DING DING, we have a maaaasochist

Eddit 2: I see they have the first 4 chapters with subtitles. I'm gonna die.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 10:00PM

joined Apr 27, 2017

A teeth brushing date everyday!

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Delusional teacher is delusional.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Damn, Mikage-chan is way too precious this last two chapters. She doesn't get misunderstood, genuinely care for Hinata-chan's well being! A true angel... I guess?

Lalala Ñañaña
Aaaaaaaa%20(1)
joined Oct 6, 2015

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/anime-brushing-teeth-gif-8.gif

Oh no, get that crap out of my sight. Took me long enough to cleanse my eyes the first time I watched that.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 11:37PM by Nezchan

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/anime-brushing-teeth-gif-8.gif

Oh no, get that crap out of my sight. Took me long enough to cleanse my eyes the first time I watched that.

I managed to avoid whatever this is untill now thanks internet.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 11:37PM by Nezchan

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Mikage is a treasure and deserves happiness

joined Jun 23, 2017

What? Teeth brushing is a very normal erotic practice! Just like eyeball licking. You're welcome :>

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 11:02PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Pretentious battle harem starring a nihilistic pedophile who wants to bang his little sisters, complete with self claimed lesbian who wants MCs dick just as bad as everyone else. Otaku bait that won't be ending anytime soon and giving shaft an excuse not to make the next Madoka project.

last edited at Jan 19, 2018 3:38AM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Pretentious battle harem

More like pretentious People Talking On Benches Simulator, really.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Haha I like that third wheel!!!

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

wait, people brush there teeth at school?!?

joined Aug 28, 2017

Ahhh! These chapters were so cute.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Otaku bait that won't being ending anytime soon and giving shaft an excuse not to make the next Madoka project.

Sounds like a win-win to me.

On topic, I agree with the person above me!

last edited at Jan 19, 2018 12:33AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

The return of the #lots-of-brushing tag! Also these two are cute as always. I like the friend that's become slightly involved but have the sinking feeling she's going to be muddling around with the plot more and more.

And yessss the drama has been subbed in English I can't wait to treat myself to watching these

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Pretentious battle harem staring a nihilistic pedophile who wants to bang his little sisters, complete with self claimed lesbian who wants MCs dick just as bad as everyone else. Otaku bait that won't be ending anytime soon and giving shaft an excuse not to make the next Madoka project.

I've always thought this, but until now I've never had this opinion validated by another person. Try as I might, I can't see any philosophical value in monogatari. It's always seemed to me like a "worst of" compilation of anime tropes, combined with a very slow pace.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

That bitch is thirsty af! Screw the original pairing!

Mikage x Saroma ftw!

last edited at Jan 19, 2018 6:32AM

joined Dec 7, 2017

Not sure I'm allowed to comment on the translation here but...

This line in chapter 9, page 3:

"I kinda want to watch that American drama that's on TV right now"

should have been something like "This is like how they do [introduce friends] in an American drama, isn't it"

I think it was the result of a confusion between みたいだったね and みたいね/みたかったね.

Stan Miller Staff
Muppo%20and%20northern%20ocean%20hime%20(kantai%20collection%20and%20moomin)%20drawn%20by%20sazanami%20konami%20-%20f1a1a8ae888c4eff5aac0862c561be11
Cyan Steam (Stan Miller)
joined May 25, 2017

Not sure I'm allowed to comment on the translation here but...

This line in chapter 9, page 3:

"I kinda want to watch that American drama that's on TV right now"

should have been something like "This is like how they do [introduce friends] in an American drama, isn't it"

I think it was the result of a confusion between みたいだったね and みたいね/みたかったね.

Oops, sorry. I see that now, thanks for pointing it out. I'll fix that as soon as I can.

To reply you must either login or sign up.