Forum › Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume discussion

joined Jan 8, 2018

Recently finished the anime and started reading this manga. Can't wait for the next chapter, really want Agari to win but I can understand her losing so Koyori can play. Can anyone recommend me other sports manga with cute girls like this? I plan on reading Saki, though I don't think Mahjong is a sport?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

tobajo posted:

Recently finished the anime and started reading this manga. Can't wait for the next chapter, really want Agari to win but I can understand her losing so Koyori can play. Can anyone recommend me other sports manga with cute girls like this? I plan on reading Saki, though I don't think Mahjong is a sport?

Well, welcome to the club of We want sports but we don't have :(
Kidding... there are some
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/baggata_way
harukana receive it's a manga but the anime is coming this year
Kettama! ........ was abbandoned
Hmmm I guess Hayate X blade ? but be aware that you might never see it finished :') unless of course you learn Japanese and buy the manga
Lastly there's Amanchu! but is not exactly doki doki exciting when it comes to sport

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

This isn't subtext. This is just flat out text.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kururin is best girl

joined Jan 8, 2018

Thanks. I used to read BaggataWay but stopped at some point. Is it still getting translated? Also Kururi is definitely one of the characters I really liked. Her backstory with Zakuro made me root for her.

joined Jun 30, 2016

The bitch still crazy and so self-centric as fudge!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Agari has to lose anyway. Or the MC won't play.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nya-chan posted:

Agari has to lose anyway. Or the MC won't play.

Well, this isn't dragon ball so there's chance to have an unexpected development

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

GeneralJ posted:

I watched the anime and read everything in 2 days, this series is so existing. I hope Kumami wins tbh, there are fell sports mangas (normally the best ones) that are bold enough to make the protagonists lose playing at their best.

That's why I love Major! I think now Ace is ready for a big tournament, but she just reached this level and Kunami was always there so it would be more realistic to have a draw or to lose... Anyway this battle has been dragged on for maybe too long!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

GeneralJ posted:

I watched the anime and read everything in 2 days, this series is so existing. I hope Kumami wins tbh, there are fell sports mangas (normally the best ones) that are bold enough to make the protagonists lose playing at their best.

That's why I love Major! I think now Ace is ready for a big tournament, but she just reached this level and Kunami was always there so it would be more realistic to have a draw or to lose... Anyway this battle has been dragged on for maybe too long!

Slam Dunk and Hajime no ippo are good examples too.And yeah, this match is taking a long time, but I think probably it will end in the next one or two chapters.

Baby Steps is another one worth reading, which includes that idea. A lot of the story involves the main character understanding something in his head, and then his body has to catch up.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

GeneralJ posted:

Well, this match will finally come to a conclusion, I'm loving it but at the same time I'm glad that will be over.

Indeed, and I was really looking forward for Kunami's victory but gotta admid, Ace did a great job and now I don't mind if she wins, I mean...Koyori is the main character and all but she doesn't have to play just because and I rather if they move on and met the other teams, I feel like this match was for Agari only.

Still

I still want Kunami to win ... Because Agari's ribbons don't make sense

Let's not forget this part, after all, I still want Kunami to win.

last edited at Jun 7, 2018 10:58AM

joined Jan 8, 2018

I kinda want Agari to win because I expect her to lose for Koyori to play.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm not ready to say good bye to Kunami... She's such a nice character!!! I think I prefer spin off with Kunami and Futamaru adventures

last edited at Jun 26, 2018 3:57PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Take that, obligatory 2-2 tiebreaker stereotype!

joined Jun 30, 2016

About FUCKING TIME IS FINALY OVER!

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

maybe I'm just forgetting things, but isn't this just a classification match? Maybe their team have enough victories to be in the nationals already.

It's the finals of the preliminaries.
And Kumami's match alone spanned three whole volumes, holy shit.

joined Jan 8, 2018

Agari won yay!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

We're missing 2 chapters here... Anyway! it seems like the manga is ... ending? In february? But I'm not sure if the publication refers only to the online reader (the official where you can read onepunch man too) or if the manga is ending for good https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-08/scorching-ping-pong-girls-manga-to-end-in-tonari-no-young-jump-in-february/.140561 the author is not very clear and for now refuses to give more details

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I reviewed this and wrote a big ol' thing analyzing/praising it as well (full of spoilers of course)
review: https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2018/07/23/shakunetsu-no-takkyuu-musume/
analysis: https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2018/07/23/shakunetsu-no-takkyuu-musume-addendum/

And hey, it looks like the series is dying. Again. For fuckin',,,

It sounds as if Asano really wants to continue it. He said as much, but I have no idea really. It also sounds like he might take a break and WANT to return to it. I mean, that happened with Ib by Aka and then he made Kaguya Wants to be Confessed to. I want more really badly. This manga is kickass and it blows my mind utterly how it's written and crafted.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, I'm seriously happy that Agari won, it's such a rare thing to have a win there and not have the main character play, it makes it all the more enjoyable. So glad I was wrong. <3

But yeah, that match took forever, author needs to learn how to pace the story better. :/

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So basically it got axed, but the author is hopeful they'll be able to continue it with a different publisher. This strikes me as pretty unlikely, but I guess we'll see

Good final chapter, emphasized the parts worth emphasizing (Agari and Koyori being gay for each other)

I'd say the series is pretty good at a chapter level; the characters are mostly enjoyable, the art's dynamic, good handling of tension. But at the larger scale it stumbles with pacing, giving us things like a three-volume fight

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It was a Nice sudden ending, better than finishing things desperately trying to end loose ends with a couple of silent panels and killing any hope of continuation, I like it like this, even if we don't see part 2, this is a perfect ending for part 1.
Also wow that was super lewd and sweaty hahahahaaha just how I like it.
I believe that part 2 would focus on Koyori's past and a possible antagonist

last edited at Jun 11, 2019 10:25AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So gay.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I swear, one of these days, Koyori will just lift off with her hair waging. XD

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 28, pg 6, "though lottery" -> "through lottery"

To reply you must either login or sign up.