Forum › Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume discussion

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

wasn't the individual matches best of three and the whole team best of five ? If not, my bad, they made such a big deal out of that one match I lost track of that.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Oh look, she lost. What a surprise. :/

But Kumami lost something even more important. The AgariBowl

Super High School Level Artist
6b78b4b6e167268ccc1cfdc9df05de3f33b6b4a9_hq
joined Dec 28, 2016

I knew it, even if Agari loses, she will with a smile.

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

wasn't the individual matches best of three and the whole team best of five ? If not, my bad, they made such a big deal out of that one match I lost track of that.

Hokuto's score on chapter 10 was:

11-6
5-11
3-11
11-9
11-7

So final set score 3-2, so it is 3 out of 5 sets for singles.

Agari is down 2-1 so she can still comeback. I would like to see Koyori play honestly, but I think Agari will win this just because the author really built up Kumami as this brutish girl that really needs to be taken down a peg.

joined Nov 15, 2016

I can only imagine if Koyori doesn't play it's to set up the team captain as an unknown who they'll have to fight when they get in to tournament territory.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If there's still one set left, my bet is Agari losing like 9 - 11 after making Kumami feel the fun that she has playing against the captain of her club, maybe she will throw away her demon kuma badge along the way.

Who else wants to see a match with Kumami and Kururi? (green psycho)

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

I knew there was still a set left! People counted out Agari too fast.

I feel like she'll win this match. If not, at the very least her forehand smash will develop which seems to be key for her character development as that's a huge mental roadblock for her.

I'm curious how the author is going about this. Sometimes it feels like Koyori is the deuteragonist and Agari is the protagonist. A majority of the chapters have been about her and her character development. We haven't even seen Koyori's backstory yet lol.

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 2:22AM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Kinda strange seeing Hanabi prior to have the tsundere sucked out of her and given its own entity.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Hanabi who was ranked number 1 in her school blew a 6-0 lead in ping pong to lose 8-11 to a transfer student.

joined Jul 11, 2017

Agari will be better in the match but she may not win. I predict she will take the lead (in sets) and the lead in points in the final game and crush bear girl's spirit and forfeit the match to let Koyori play.

I think the friendship story there is supposed to be a tragic tale of what could of been, maybe she'll have fun playing with Agari, but more likely she'll get really jealous of Koyori. Could even be an on going story.

But because Koyori said Agari will win she will at least choose to lose, rather than be beaten.

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

Interesting stuff from chapter 11.1 and the oneshot.

Koyori is a monster. Apparently as strong as a highschooler for a national level ping-pong team. She lost the set, but I bet she may've beaten Shindou if they played a match, as she's the type to get better as the match goes on. Curious to see if she gets any specific abilities/special moves in the future or just a true all-arounder who can adapt to anything.

In the oneshot Hanabi and Agari were the same character. I'm glad the author split them up into two, because Agari is much better design wise for her character, and Hanabi looks like and is the typical genki.

joined Mar 17, 2017

so, when is KOyori going full Saki and beat the shit outta her opponent?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Mistake uploading, gonna be fixed.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kunami no T-T

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Wow some people are really following the story passionately...wonder what it would be like to have such a good memory of stuff that has happened in a manga or anime.

That micro-chapter is brutal -- Kumami's response is killing me with the suspense! #PowerOfFriendshipY'all Thanks to the translators though.

last edited at Sep 6, 2017 6:04AM

joined Jul 11, 2017

Can someone tell me what the sfx are that are around kunami's panels? ch 23.1 p6 and 7?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Can someone tell me what the sfx are that are around kunami's panels? ch 23.1 p6 and 7?

Kinda like a heart-throb, but I assume it's more of the painful variety compared to the more fluffy doki-doki

joined Jul 11, 2017

K Thanks, that's what I figured.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

This will end one of two ways, either Agari wins the match OR She loses but takes the loss well with her chin up and a smile on her face. Either way Kumami is going to lose.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Agari needs to lose. The MC must play.

So, most probably Kumami will win the match, but lose her drive to make A-chan suffer and get rid of "Dark Kumami" (probably by throwing away her hair clip);

joined Mar 17, 2017

A-chan is too storng that koyori doesnt even need to play

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I just hope that Kunami declares her feelings at the end of the match

last edited at Oct 25, 2017 2:58PM

joined Sep 25, 2015

Kumami is fucking mental. She was going to blind Koyori or something.
Dangerous lesbians are also good! I love her!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

She is a very well made antagonist, she isn't evil just for the sake of being evil ... She struggles, she lets herself go and acknowledges her true nature as bad. And now she's also saved and not by Koyori. So we know she's bad but I don't hate her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.