Forum › Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume discussion

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Yay, glad that this is getting picked up. Still hoping for a second season.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Oh, wow, I'd known the anime had a lot of original material, but not that it only covered 6.5 chapters. Goddamn

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Kagurazaka's a dude, isn't she... ? Or is there another reason for her to speak of a "secret" while lifting her skirt?

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

Kagurazaka's a dude, isn't she... ? Or is there another reason for her to speak of a "secret" while lifting her skirt?

i wanted to say the same, in the future will see the trap tag, or yuri and nsfw

or the secret is that she wear panties (they live in the same world of saki)

last edited at Feb 2, 2017 5:47AM

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Haven't read it yet, but what happened to chapter 2-6?

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

scanlators tend to skip chapters that were covered by animes, unfortunately. I get they feel it might be redundant, but I enjoy reading manga more than watching anime and even then, mangas tend to go more to the point while adding some more details where animes might skip or tone down some things. :/

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

scanlators tend to skip chapters that were covered by animes, unfortunately. I get they feel it might be redundant, but I enjoy reading manga more than watching anime and even then, mangas tend to go more to the point while adding some more details where animes might skip or tone down some things. :/

I don't think it's the redundancy so much as that the scanlators only have so much time, which is best used dealing with material the audience hasn't seen before

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So gay...

But that captain is a trap probably. If they make him play, they probably would get disqualified, but it's manga logic, so...

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I don't think it's the redundancy so much as that the scanlators only have so much time, which is best used dealing with material the audience hasn't seen before

But that's assuming said audience to have already watched the anime, which they might not and kind of either force them to do so or have to skip several chapters.

A85b3543-23b0-436a-a1a7-7ef9eb4e7778
joined Apr 30, 2016

This is kinda like Saki, except it's ping pong version. Agari Is Nodoka and Koyori is Saki

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Oh ? They walk around without panties as well ? :p

last edited at Feb 2, 2017 9:05AM

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

If ^ is true, than Hokuto sees "the pants in their hearts" or something.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

むねむね

Her name literally means "boobs".

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

むねむね

Her name literally means "boobs".

That's just her nickname
Her real name literally means "Oh, Boobs"

Super High School Level Artist
6b78b4b6e167268ccc1cfdc9df05de3f33b6b4a9_hq
joined Dec 28, 2016

I am glad someone is translating the manga. I loved the anime and I am hoping to see a 2nd season.

Maybe Kagurazaka's panties lets her predict her opponent moves?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The theory: Give Japanese schoolgirls mystical powers, and they'll save the world.
The reality: Okay, if YOU raise the dead, YOU control the weather, Sempai does a divination and I read the minds of everyone in the building ... we'll get into the regional semi-finals!"

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, finally got around to watch the anime and read the chapters there.

On the captain's secret, I really hope it's not her being a guy, 'cause that would really be... well, stupid on too many level. Design wise, she's drawn as kinda busty (guess she could wear pads...), but in a sport oriented club, it mean she'd go to great lenght to avoid showering or even changing in front of the rest of the club. Feels a bit too far-stretched. Plus, as someone else mentioned, would be a severe breach of rules and considering she's supposed to be her school chairman's daughter, not only would it mean that the chairman allowed for a guy to study in a girl's school, but also taking part in official competitions. Also, unless kuma-girl just doesn't mind cheating in such a way, if she knew she was a boy, I doubt she'd stay quiet about it.

I'd like to think her big secret is that she never wear any panties, but feels kinda unlikely. Maybe it's that she's a lesbian (or at least aware of being one unlike the rest of the cast).

That point aside, it's fun, though I fear the rest of the matches will get a bit too predictable if Koyori is to play. As Hokuto won her match, it probably means either the captain and munemune will los or Agari will. Kinda hope Koyori won't have a turn, really, that'd be actually somewhat original.

Also why I'm never too fond of team based sports manga like that. At least in Saki, as long as none will bust, everybody will end up having a turn without the need of having them losing too badly.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I was always curious what the moment they swapped hairbands was going to be like. Nice.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 8, pg 5 had a minor error that was fixed. "Let's have nice match" (a nice match)
http://bato.to/reader#04931455a0030356_5

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This pattern of "here's my special move!" but "Wait! A peptalk will allow you to counter it!", where the winning team is a tossup because the author fleshed out both sides, it's typical nekketsu, ala Captain Tsubasa. This gets stale because there's no real motivation beside "going to the nationals" ior being "number one". Real competitors don't need a tragic past to be good. They just train and have a coach. Which these girls don't seem to have.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I don't really see it as getting stale, at the end it's just ping pong. The fact that you really don't know who is going to win unless it's the very last match keeps it pretty refreshing, that's the second main reason I like Saki. You usually don't see that in most sports manga/anime. The individual characters can win or lose at any time which means that they have more opportunity to grow to be prepared for the next match. Hanabi losing in the last two games, despite getting a pep talk mid round, makes me more interested in her character and look forward to when she finally wins one.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Except that in those team matches configuration, you can pretty much figure out that two will loose so the main character, who always play last, can have her turn and save the day. ^^; Sports manga suffers mostly from the author trying too hard to make some suspense, but that actually end up killing it entirely.

Saki works mostly because how the team play work out : Saki is garanteed to have her turn while being last unless there's an actual bust, which is unlikely given the amount of points in play (which is set so high probably to avoid the matches to end at round two, if not one). Here, for Koyori to have a turn, two of her teammates have to loose their matches. Meaning that given Hukuto's victory, unless either the 3rd years team or Agari looses, Koyori won't get to play. And frankly, that would actually be both surprising and refreshing. ^^;

Would be much less predictable if they'd actually put Koyori to play first, then you wouldn't feel forced to reach the last game and that alone would leave you with much more room to decide the matches results. I also tend to feel bad for characters like Hibari and Hokuto who are basically too much on the "side character" part of the main cast, which make them the usual "sacrifice". To be honest, Hokuto winning was kinda surprising there in that regard, considering how the chapters prior to that competition put the senpai and Agari on such a level either their opponents need to be real strong or their skill wasn't as great as advertised ^^;

And don't get me wrong, I like sports manga, but those kind of team based competitions gets way too predictable. Sports like lacrosse, basketball, baseball, etc... are somehow less predictable because only the final score actually matters, so during the game, you can have pretty much anything happening. Tennis is another example of predictable sports because of the set configuration. Take baby step for example, you basically know that on three set matches, each of the player will win one set, then battle it out in the last set. Makes one set matches much more interesting.

And yeah, players using their special attack over and over again is kinda bad : it makes them look like one-trick ponies and frankly, it only gives that much more chance to the opponents to get used to it and counter it in the end. XD

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Sports like lacrosse, basketball, baseball, etc... are somehow less predictable because only the final score actually matters, so during the game, you can have pretty much anything happening.

I'm not seeing how those are less predictable. Either the main team wins on their way to nationals or they lose and the season is over. Chances are they are going to win every game unless there is a loser's bracket they can climb out of. There might be problems with individual players but there will always be a net positive in results, if someone is bringing the team down then another player will bring them back up. If they are losing they WILL comeback, most likely the person who had the recent flashback will make the key play. If they are winning then they will struggling to keep the lead. The way Saki is structured isn't all that different, just like how Koyori has to play a match Saki will either end up struggling not to lose too many points or have to find some way to come back. When it comes time for Saki to sit down we have an idea on what is about to happen.

My point is that just like Saki you never really know how well individual players will do up to a point. Like with the current match, we don't know if MuneMune and the captain will win. After the flashback and the pep talk you expect them to win, but if they do that Agari has to lose for Koyori to play. And if Agari loses then she might never get that match with Kumami because she will look too weak. But if MuneMune and the captain lose then at least we don't get the cliche that a flashback/pep talk means a comeback victory. They are allowed two losses before anything can be said with certainty. And just like you said, it's possible for Agari and Koyori to not have to play in a match if the rest of the team runs the table. Which is probably what happens in every match we don't get to see.

I could be wrong about all this but that uncertainty feels fresh to me compared to something like Soccer or Basketball where the main team is guaranteed to win. And they will enjoy that win as a team, in SPPG they will enjoy the team win together but they might be more affected by their own round results than a normal team sport.

last edited at Feb 21, 2017 6:00AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Edit : actually, that's pretty much a rant about sports manga in general, so probably kinda beside the subject there. Let's just say that I'd really love for this tournament to surprise me in that Koyori won't get to play in it. :p

last edited at Feb 21, 2017 7:04AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 8, pg 5 had a minor error that was fixed. "Let's have nice match" (a nice match)
http://bato.to/reader#04931455a0030356_5

minor fixes and change from ch7 to 11
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/shakunetsu-no-takkyuu-musume-r19007

To reply you must either login or sign up.