Forum › Yuunagi Marbled discussion

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

This is turning out to be unexpectedly great. Ena is cute and they've got a Yuzu/Mei dynamic going on. I especially like that Ena can't just pull her out of her doubt and trepidation impulsively like this - she's no manic pixie dream girl who says all the right things all the time.

No. Don't bring that shit up here. Gosh, I can't just not hear about it.
I fucking hate that manga.

I don't like it either, but the relationship archetype is obvious.

Emmm no xD sly, no. I don't like Citrus either but if these two were like Yuzu and Mei I wouldn't have a problem in say it. Indeed, seeing these first chapters you can check they aren't. The only thing which has both mangas it's the surprise kiss in the first chapter xD

joined Nov 14, 2013

Im gonna go jump off a cliff if that new health teacher just happens to be the teacher Mishio was dating at her old school

joined Nov 14, 2013

This is turning out to be unexpectedly great. Ena is cute and they've got a Yuzu/Mei dynamic going on. I especially like that Ena can't just pull her out of her doubt and trepidation impulsively like this - she's no manic pixie dream girl who says all the right things all the time.

No please do bring up that manga, i love it! And so do many more if they are makin it an anime! Yes premieres Jan 6!

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Oh no

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

What is it with yuri protagonists and their heads having the amazing ability to attract fast moving foot/basket/volleyballs.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

No please do bring up that manga, i love it! And so do many more if they are makin it an anime! Yes premieres Jan 6!

Thing with Citrus is that it was aggressively marketed and the author pushed to get a anime made instead of waiting to get chosen. Its successs isn't so much based on the quality of its story but more because the people behind it.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

I was wondering where the drama teacher was. And look who's standing outside the nurse office

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Thing with Citrus is that it was aggressively marketed and the author pushed to get a anime made instead of waiting to get chosen. Its successs isn't so much based on the quality of its story but more because the people behind it.

If that's all it takes to get an anime then almost every manga would be fighting for a spot. We would have had a Girl Friends anime years ago.

joined Jun 30, 2016

Mmmm is that her ex?

joined Aug 22, 2016

I don't like it either, but the relationship archetype is obvious.

This really isn't like Mei and Yuzu aside from having a cheery girl and a troubled girl. Maybe Mei and Mishio can be compared, but not so much Ena to Yuzu as Ena is actually respectful towards Mishio and isn't trying to force sexual acts on her like Yuzu does Mei

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Ena is setting record times on development, god damn.
It took her like 3 chapters to emotionally heal the hurt girl, and 1 additional chapter to realize her own feelings.
Other serial yuri manga protags, are you even TRYING?

joined May 20, 2013

I was wondering where the drama teacher was. And look who's standing outside the nurse office

On the very last page as they are made to do. She's obviously an expert.

EDIT: Thinking a bit more about it, depending on who she is, there are so many potential triangles and even other polygons possible yet. The common thing is drama. A different role for her would suddenly make the manga stand out. (The odd spacing so far didn't really help.)

last edited at Jan 5, 2018 2:15PM

Im gonna go jump off a cliff if that new health teacher just happens to be the teacher Mishio was dating at her old school

She probably jumped at the chance to get the position because she knew her student/girlfriend had enrolled there.

She was probably hoping for a heartfelt reunion when she came across her making out with someone she just met.

last edited at Jan 5, 2018 2:25PM by

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

What is it with yuri protagonists and their heads having the amazing ability to attract fast moving foot/basket/volleyballs.

traditionally, yuri girls take the volleyball to the head deliberately to save their crush.

traditionally, yuri girls take the volleyball to the head deliberately to save their crush.

Or maybe it is like magnetism, and they are attracted to the girls due to a noticeable lack of balls in their lives?

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Drama! Drama is coming!

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Oooohhhh I smell drammaaaa

joined May 20, 2013

Drama! Drama is coming!

Game of Tropes

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Ohoho, this is really good!!

joined Nov 14, 2013

I think that was the new health teacher/nurse they mentioned

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

If that's all it takes to get an anime then almost every manga would be fighting for a spot. We would have had a Girl Friends anime years ago.

The fact that Girl Friends doesn't have an anime is all the proof you need that quality is not a major consideration when they decide what to adapt. It's all about that marketability which is why 90% of anime is otaku wish fulfillment.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Yuzu as Ena is actually respectful towards Mishio and isn't trying to force sexual acts on her like Yuzu does Mei

Have you actually read the manga? I love how people like to shit on a story they don't even know. Ah! good fun.

Its successs isn't so much based on the quality of its story but more because the people behind it.

Blablabla the masses don't like good story, my favourite story is of so high quality but no one recognize it, blablabalbala. If it was bad, it wouldn't work, at all. The fact that the drama isn't as clever as you'd like it to be, or that the genre it belongs to doesn't cater to you, doesn't mean it's bad.

last edited at Jan 5, 2018 5:29PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

The last panel has me rolling my eyes. Arts still good though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The fact that Girl Friends doesn't have an anime is all the proof you need that quality is not a major consideration when they decide what to adapt. It's all about that marketability which is why 90% of anime is otaku wish fulfillment.

Yes, popular mangas have a much better chance of becoming anime than unpopular ones. That wasn't the point, the point is that a mangaka pushing for their work to get adapted is not going to do anything. If that's all it took then studios would have a huge backlog of future adaptions from mangaka that wouldn't concede.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Could you go complain about/praise Citrus in the Citrus thread? Believe it or not, quite a few manga exist that are not Citrus, and this is one of them.

The last panel has me rolling my eyes. Arts still good though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, this started off with the game of "guess who the not-so mysterious transfer student is?" so I haven't been expecting staggeringly original story-telling (though I'd be happy to be proven wrong). Kinda assumed when the new nurse was mentioned that she'd have some sordid past with Mishio from her old school. And it seems many other readers felt the same way, judging by the comments here. But the characters are strong and the art is good, so who cares even if the plot is a tad predictable?

To reply you must either login or sign up.