Forum › Their Story discussion

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Damn. I knew it would eventually get like this. I'm just so tired of the "other girl" or "third party" being hurt because they're not the main character. I hope this gets handled nicely and that this blonde kid gets a happy ending as well even if it's not with Sun Jing.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

there have been hints of drama, it's not all fluff.

Well yes, it is all fluff because there were only hints of drama that got quickly resolved (remember how much people thought big drama is coming because she told the boy to piss off?). This story has been very fluffy so far and ANY potential drama got usually dispersed immediately.
So it is very understandable if people get a bit pissed when a drama is suddenly introduced. People waited for years to see this kiss and now want to see the early days of cute, fluffy dating, not some jealousy love triangle bullshit.

joined Aug 22, 2016

I've been reading Their Story for a long time as well, and I understand the frustration.

Sun Jing has always been upfront and honest with Qiu Tong, so unless Qiu Tong completely changes character and becomes utterly unreasonable, this shouldn't take long
(edit: always upfront and honest once Sun Jing was able to talk to Qiu Tong, that is.)

@Fipse
Using your own argument, why assume that now there will be heavy drama? Myself included, many have guessed at heavy drama, but as you say it has all been resolved in quick order. Why assume now that we'll have long, drawn-out drama, or "some jealousy love triangle bullshit"? It's highly unlikely that Sun Jing will suddenly be interested in Mo Xiaonan at this point.

If there is a bit more drama right now, it is fitting as Mo Xiaonan is an established character from the start. Her feelings for Sun Jing were established early on too. True, if Tan Jiu had given Mo Xiaonan more presence, possibly less people would be angry or infuriated. But at the very least let the writer give closure to her own characters.

A lot of dramatic points have come up, but have not been focused on for very long or we have yet to see where things will go. The overall tone has been kept light and drama kept short broken up by light and fluffy content. But there are definite conflicts. Honestly, I think the anger has been amplified due to how long it has taken to get to this point in the story and that this is also a bit of a best-girl couple shipping issue.

In that case, Mo Xiaonan x Qiu Tong. Mo Xiaonan is kinda like a strawberry and Qiu Tong once made a strawberry and cream roll cake. Her mom approved of the cake and everyone smiled. The end.

I'm not responding to those generally frustrated. Only the extreme posts and trope arguments.

last edited at Dec 23, 2017 5:52AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Chekhov's love interest: "You don't bring a romantic rival to the stage without creating some drama."

This was foreshadowed for a while now, and while I wasn't sure whether it'd ever come to anything much, I don't think it's a big deal. This will be resolved quickly.

Sun Jing will just reject Mo, and Mo will go crazy and murder Sun. Then Qui Tong gets revenge by killing Mo, before committing suicide. The End.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

@ Hokuto

I was making the post under the hypothetical assumption that it will come to drama. If it gets resolved quickly as usual, fine! But like you said, people are probably quite frustrated. We finally got the kiss but all the cute and fluffy stuff that might come from it will now get interrupted for at least a few updates. Seeing how long the time between updates seems to be (even if objectively it is not too long) people get a bit annoyed if some (even if it is just short) drama plot pops up. Even worse if it goes back to the boys after that and we wont see the two properly talking for another 2 months or so.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

there have been hints of drama, it's not all fluff.

Well yes, it is all fluff because there were only hints of drama that got quickly resolved (remember how much people thought big drama is coming because she told the boy to piss off?). This story has been very fluffy so far and ANY potential drama got usually dispersed immediately.
So it is very understandable if people get a bit pissed when a drama is suddenly introduced. People waited for years to see this kiss and now want to see the early days of cute, fluffy dating, not some jealousy love triangle bullshit.

standing ovation
And .. if this was gonna be solved fast, it would have already been solved.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I got leaks of the upcoming chapters they will fight for SJ in a basketball match... Could be futbol too! and there won't be a limit of points, the winner will be decided only when one of them admit defeat, SJ won't be able to refuse because she also believes in the heart of the ball

last edited at Dec 23, 2017 10:11AM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I got leaks of the upcoming chapters they will fight for SJ in a basketball match... Could be futbol too! and there won't be a limit of points, the winner will be decided only when one of them admit defeat, SJ won't be able to refuse because she also believes in the heart of the ball

I was all FOR drama, but not like this... this is just... stupid... this is literally a slap to both those who wanted the main couple be all lovey-dovey and those who wanted drama and conflict. Retarded writing was the one thing I did not expect from this series.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I was all FOR drama, but not like this... this is just... stupid... this is literally a slap to both those who wanted the main couple be all lovey-dovey and those who wanted drama and conflict. Retarded writing was the one thing I did not expect from this series.

You know they are joking, right?

joined Sep 6, 2015

...can I persuade you into deleting your quote, so I can delete my comment? ;_;

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Sadly this kind of bullshit competition is way to common in anime

"If I beat you you have to give up on her and I become the girlfriend!" While the gf has no say in it...

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

YES, FINALLY!!!! This is finally happening, while i am very sad for Mo, we needed to do this, this needed to get resolved and its clear Sun Jing loves someone else, i hope she can finally move on and find herself a nice girl.

Terumoko
joined Feb 18, 2013

God the drama is getting so ridiculous late game and I'm hanging desperately like a fucking parasite!
Side note I really appreciate the immediate updates, no fucking around waiting around for more content, just give me this shit immediately so I can mainline it now! LOL

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I really like Sun Jing and Qiu Tong, but I feel bad for this girl...if she were the main character and this were an unrequited feelings story, we'd feel bad for her too

joined Aug 22, 2016

@ Hokuto

I was making the post under the hypothetical assumption that it will come to drama. If it gets resolved quickly as usual, fine! But like you said, people are probably quite frustrated. We finally got the kiss but all the cute and fluffy stuff that might come from it will now get interrupted for at least a few updates. Seeing how long the time between updates seems to be (even if objectively it is not too long) people get a bit annoyed if some (even if it is just short) drama plot pops up. Even worse if it goes back to the boys after that and we wont see the two properly talking for another 2 months or so.

Right, but you argue that everything has been resolved quickly and yet assume this won't. True, we've been waiting a while, but I feel that even if it's another month or two that's fine. Frankly, we're already a little spoiled knowing that QT and SJ end up together. We've waited this long, so what's the harm in having one character have her moment while waiting just a titchy bit more? Relatively speaking. In any case, it doesn't justify lambasting a character and questioning the writer as some have done.

And .. if this was gonna be solved fast, it would have already been solved.

That's absurd, it has only been one quite short release of this new development. And it's not really new as Mo Xiaonan has loved Sun Jing since before the starting point of the story. This is a climax that has been built up to. Should a character be completely ignored just so readers are happy? Maybe Tan Jiu could have postponed this a little, but even then people would take issue.

lol, if Tan Jiu really did this then it'll feel like she's given up.

I really like Sun Jing and Qiu Tong, but I feel bad for this girl...if she were the main character and this were an unrequited feelings story, we'd feel bad for her too

A voice of understanding. I think even if Tan Jiu spent a little more time developing Mo Xiaonan as the sweetheart she is, readers would be more sympathetic. Her heart is shattering right now. I'd really like a female character added for her. Maybe a friend will comfort her? I think Moe Xiaonan is well liked in her group.

last edited at Dec 23, 2017 10:53PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Maybe Chinese audiences, like Japanese audiences, are very patient. I doubt the author will eliminate all their couple art by breaking them up over Mo.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I'm not usually mad at the third wheel per se. And I'm a little surprised I honestly can't seem to sympathize with them more most of the time. Something about their purpose in the story just gets on my nerves. It usually seems like they are solely in the story for corny drama. As a cheap way to get the "don't-sink-my-ship-types" riled up which I'm actually never part of. I don't really ship. I just want a good story.

Though I suppose one of my favorite characters in the world right now get's a lot of her characterization from being a loser in a love triangle even though it happened waaaaaay in the past. so there is that. From the cartoon network show. Steven Universe. character Pearl

And I don't believe people that say this kind of drama is the "only way for the story" to continue or whatever. I've read good ones that left this sort of development out completely. i will do the same when I start writing my own yuri. They probably wont be very good but it won't be for that reason.

But this story does some to wrap up the serious stuff quickly so I'm hoping the same happens here.

last edited at Dec 23, 2017 11:20PM

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

Ahhh!
I wouldn't know how to handle a situation like that. I feel bad for pink haired girl

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1909680439361495&id=1539451309717745 X mas special! Again, it is in spanish but you can see the translations under the pics. For those who cannot wait!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Jess posted:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1909680439361495&id=1539451309717745 X mas special! Again, it is in spanish but you can see the translations under the pics. For those who cannot wait!

hahaha so smooth lo/ thank you and happy xmas

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Ah, yes. The opportunistic lesbian. Confirms a girl is gay, and goes in for the steal.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Ah, yes. The opportunistic lesbian. Confirms a girl is gay, and goes in for the steal.

Oh please, Mo Xiaonan has been into Sun Jing since 2015
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/their_story_31102015_update_1#5

Sun Jing started it

last edited at Dec 25, 2017 2:41AM

joined Sep 6, 2015

Not a chapter with the fangirl getting her heart crushed. Disappointed.

Sun Jing started it

...if by that you mean she was nice to her, then yes, she "started" it. On the other hand, SJ has been fairly obviously uninterested in the other girl, even as far as friendships go (just to be clear, I do not mean she was mean or anything, just that she turned her down whenever the fangirl tried to spend time with her, on account of having to bolt as soon as school was over to be with QT). While SJ is not a mean-spirited person or anything of the sort, it was fairly obvious, in almost all interactions these two had, that the other girl is something of an afterthought in her mind, at best. What I am saying, I guess, is that your wording of "SJ started it" is both kind of clumsy, and it sort of implies responsibility, which is ludicrous in matters of emotions.

That being said, I do not think the fangirl is being opportunistic here. Such a term, and the way that comment was phrased, clearly implies a degree of badness that the fangirl just does not have, given what we are shown of her up until now. She is just brokenhearted.

last edited at Dec 25, 2017 3:44AM

joined Aug 22, 2016

...if by that you mean she was nice to her, then yes, she "started" it.

I was joking a bit. It is just a bit bothersome to me that only now are readers making a connection when Mo's feelings have been clear. And true, I've never considered Sun Jing mean-spirited, but she is a little unaware of herself and her surroundings at times. I don't believe Mo is a typical fan girl with temporary, but intense feelings of admiration. I think she's genuinely in love with Sun Jing as a person, not as an idol.

I mean, another comment against Mo calling her opportunistic. Mo has no advantage here whatsoever. That said, "opportunistic lesbian" could also imply something quite crass.

last edited at Dec 25, 2017 5:09AM

joined Sep 6, 2015

I don't believe Mo is a typical fan girl with temporary, but intense feelings of admiration. I think she's genuinely in love with Sun Jing as a person, not as an idol.

I agree with this. Kind of clumsy on my part, but I am calling her fangirl because I am terrible with names, and so for the last few years that has been my nickname for her. Force of habit, lol.

To reply you must either login or sign up.