Forum › An Absurd Relationship discussion

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Why does Takemiya likes the "aloof asshole that couldn't care less for you" type of character so much? So far, Yamanaka has been nothing but distant and somewhat rude to the blond girl, and yet she's portrayed as something irresistible. I don't get it

Maybe Takemiya has a thing for the bad girl type..or something like that, but when the bad attitude is portrayed by guys it really is looked down upon...honestly a person that can treat you the best is really worth breaking up for not a person that doesn't even care about you

But, to be fair if it is someone you love so dearly (taking into the account that we haven't seen all the moments they had together and they've probably had some good ones) you'd really do anything for them

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

im really enjoying this one. lol.

Icon3
joined Dec 17, 2017

It's interesting how Takemiya Jin can be so consistently either Top Tier

or this

I found most yuri focused mangaka to be average at most. Boring and repetitive.

I find most guys whining about yuri manga to be average at best, with their comments being boring and repetitive :P

So far, Yamanaka has been nothing but distant and somewhat rude to the blond girl

Is she? Is she really? Serious talk.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_absurd_relationship_ch02#5
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_absurd_relationship_ch07#1
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_absurd_relationship_ch10

How is she being rude or that distant?

Doesn't look like she is - she seems like a regularly nice coworker that just isn't shy about playful chiding. Several of my male coworkers act like this towards each other, and you can tell they like each other (probably not in a yaoi way, sadly, they seem pretty straight). They sure spend a lot of free time together (mainly playing games during breaks)

In fact, I'd say that it is the blonde who was fiery first, as we can see in scenes like this:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_absurd_relationship_ch04#6

I'd say that blondie originally tried to be cheeky, started to get interested, but then thought that Yamanaka had a girlfriend, as in here:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_absurd_relationship_ch06#4

Probably led to the boyfriend. Note her reaction in this one:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_absurd_relationship_ch09#13

Yamanaka is distant, but she's distant for a reason: She's a lesbian that has been burned in the past. And is STILL being burned by her now-to-be-married buddy. That's why I am somewhat distant to female coworkers.

The difference now is that the girl right now actually interested in her for real. But how would she know that? Right now, she doesn't.

(Also, can I say that I find it funny how certain people are already all over the guy, of whom we saw absolutely nothing, not even a face :P Going by the "drinking" scene a few chapters back, she wasn't even with him for that long at all - otherwise she could have escaped the male coworkers easily. TBH, he seems to be moving way too fast anyway. If I were straight, I'd be running as fast as I could if some guy was this fast with proposals... at least get to know her first, dude...)

last edited at Dec 20, 2017 2:45AM

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

WTF with this Takemiya-sensei compilation lately?
More!

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

@Fenny

I was debating with myself whether to comment or not when the new chap was released. But you've saved me the effort. I agree to all your comments except for this:

TBH, he seems to be moving way too fast anyway. If I were straight, I'd be running as fast as I could if some guy was this fast with proposals... at least get to know her first, dude...)

For me, in love, time is irrelevant. Since, it is not the quantity of time but quality. That is why there is such thing as "love at first sight". Love for me is never a cognitive process not even emotional, it is just the whole me. That includes my spiritual, physical and desires. So, in the case of the boyfriend, he wanted to seal whatever they have together with Taneda, else, it would be taken away by the topic of discussion always, Yamanaka.

Some people may say, "Love bomb". But for me, there are people who knew what they wanted. I, included. However, in this story, I don't know if the boyfriend is. Little was established yet. So, I can't make an inference even a guess.

joined Apr 28, 2016

She talks about it as a gift so I assumed it is not a proposal. Anyway do your proposals in person.

Icon3
joined Dec 17, 2017

@Fenny

TBH, he seems to be moving way too fast anyway. If I were straight, I'd be running as fast as I could if some guy was this fast with proposals... at least get to know her first, dude...)

For me, in love, time is irrelevant. Since, it is not the quantity of time but quality. That is why there is such thing as "love at first sight". Love for me is never a cognitive process not even emotional, it is just the whole me. That includes my spiritual, physical and desires. So, in the case of the boyfriend, he wanted to seal whatever they have together with Taneda, else, it would be taken away by the topic of discussion always, Yamanaka.

Some people may say, "Love bomb". But for me, there are people who knew what they wanted. I, included. However, in this story, I don't know if the boyfriend is. Little was established yet. So, I can't make an inference even a guess.

You're right, in retrospect.
In this case it doesn't help we never see him AT ALL. The only scene I ever saw anything useful of him was where he mildly complains she keeps talking about Yamanaka.

She talks about it as a gift so I assumed it is not a proposal. Anyway do your proposals in person.

The ring costs 1000$ or 2500$ - it's safe to say it was meant as a proposal. Unless he's mega rich, that's a ridiculous gift just like that, and the way she treats it really shows she sees it as a kind of proposal, which is why rejecting it means rejecting him, right?
See here: http://www.cartier.de/de/kollektionen/schmuck/kollektionen/trinity-de-cartier.html

last edited at Dec 20, 2017 8:44AM

joined Mar 15, 2015

I don't really understand the blondie, she seemed interested from the beginning but has a boyfriend and all of a sudden wants to break up even though the other is neither kind nor caring and doesn't seem interested in her...

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Blondie literally comments that these are out of character.

Yamanaka is distant, but she's distant for a reason: She's a lesbian that has been burned in the past. And is STILL being burned by her now-to-be-married buddy. That's why I am somewhat distant to female coworkers.

So you also cheated on your girlfriends? She wasn't burned, she was the one burning people.

This is as pretty 'meh' as it gets.

last edited at Dec 20, 2017 12:37PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

What Cannibal said, plus I am not under the impression Yamanaka even cares for the other girl. As someone on the previous page said, I really do not see them getting together.
She was pretty unambiguously presented as a horrible person, she herself knows this, and openly said so. Her reasoning for being distant is that she is an asshole, and not that she has some tender part that got hurt in the past.

Icon3
joined Dec 17, 2017

Blondie literally comments that these are out of character.

The manga literally keeps slapping you over and over that this is how Blondie messes with Yamanaka, which is WHY Yamanaka considers her a pain in the butt. Yamanaka isn't the nicest person to others, especially not in her past, but she very much improved. Kinda hard to miss that!

So you also cheated on your girlfriends?

Don't think I did, no.

She wasn't burned, she was the one burning people.

She cheated on one girlfriend, yeah. She's not perfect.

And yes, she very much was burned. Chapter one is an example, and the recent girl dropping the marriage on her is another.

I understand that you value this ideal of "purity" to an extreme extent, but real people rarely are pure. Nor does "doing a bad thing" once make everything else a person does forever evil and guilty forevermore. What Yamanaka is guilty of is not being a pure fragile waifu from your eroge, but that's not a particular problem.

Seriously though: Why do you think did we have chapter 5? It's to show growth. If you compare the Yamanaka then to the one now, we already have a quite more mellow and, yes, nicer character. That gives you a hint what this is for: Character development. It shows how she was, as a contrast to how she is right now, and again to how she will be in 3 chapters.

She won't win a waifu contest even then, sure, but she doesn't need to. And tbh, that makes this manga so much more readable than most of the "pure waifu handhold only '''''yuri''''" that seeks to offend absolutely no sensibility and thus takes absolutely zero risks. :P

last edited at Dec 20, 2017 2:11PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

So which is it? Is Yamanaka being rude to blondie or is she not?

There is "impure" and then there are cheating bitches like Yamanaka. This isn't about purity, don't try to pull out that strawman, this is about a woman who everyone who gets close to her knows how trashy she is. And you pulling out unsubstantial excuses like "she's a burned lesbian" or "she only cheated once" isn't helping. She isn't a burned lesbian, she is the one burning people. She doesn't care about relationships, she willingly cheats and, from the comments from the other person, this isn't her first time doing so. She has no redeeming qualities at all that make you want to root for her.

last edited at Dec 21, 2017 12:31PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Yep, the chapter where she cheats makes it obvious, from her flippant, chill attitude, and the conversation with the other girl, that this was not her only time cheating. Also, lol, what purity? No one here was even mentioning that crap, until you pulled it out from thin air. Like, I like horrible characters like Yamanaka, especially when they are at peace with their nature and do not try to conform (is why I usually like Kodama's stuff), but for some reason (I am uncertain why exactly), it just does not work for me here.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I hate when we have sudden timeskips.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

When one of the character in yuri manga drops the "you're cute" line..i'm pretty sure something lewd comes after..xD

joined Mar 15, 2015

The more more I read the more absurd I find it.

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

Yamanaka may be (have been?) an ass, but frankly I'm fine with that. Why? 'Cause Taneda seems to be perfectly aware of this and to have her priorities in order: just like she said, she could have thrown herself at Yamanaka and not be rejected anytime she wanted, but she knows she wants to be desired for her to be fine.

I really like characters that know what they're about and are aware of what will and will not satisfy them, and Taneda is certainly one of them: she's been honest with her boyfriend, but most importantly, she's being honest with herself. And that's great imo.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Time skip. Kill me.

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

What is the source of the credit page art?

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Terrible individuals aren't terrible characters, I find Yamanaka quite endearing. A bit hypocritical in the first chapter, she judges her first crush as a bitch she lost interest in when she was doing the exact same thing in her youth (albeit not for the same reason) - like she is hurt or does seem hurt by somebody who doesn't make that big of deal about physical relationship.

She looks like a free spirit that enjoys life and sex without getting attached. If all of her other partners are aware of that fact, there's no problem if they know what they're getting into. Relationships come and go.

Now, I'm waiting to see how it will turn out with that particular relationship : are they going to be serious? Will there be conundrums?

last edited at Dec 21, 2017 1:25PM

Icon3
joined Dec 17, 2017

Developments, both in character and in plot. Looking forward to the next two indeed.

Takejima Jin month, it seems :D

joined Jun 27, 2017

Oh, I llke where this is going.

joined Jun 30, 2016

So two years time skip, a lot could have happened on that time.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

So uh, she was never pregnant then?

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

So uh, she was never pregnant then?

You're mistaking Taneda for the girl from chapter one.

To reply you must either login or sign up.