Forum › Goblin Is Very Strong discussion

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

There's a reason I found it odd that some people only thought it started getting dark later on after it started going into how fragile monster lives are.

Aki was on the verge of a total breakdown right in chapter 1.

Now that you mention it, this series is surprisingly dark if you look past the comedy. Really reminds me of another series with the same deal mainly Konosuba where Aqua actually gets clearly traumatized after being used as a bait and the series just plays it off as funny. Atleast Goblin-Chan tried her best to help Aki mentally back then, otherwise it would’ve been really depressing. Edit: I somehow missed the discussions on the earlier pages of this manga, where people shared the same opinion sorry^^

last edited at Nov 20, 2017 11:39AM

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Goblin could probably just extort people instead of killing them.

"Give me 20 Gold plus the revival cost of all your party that you want to survive or die"
Would also reduce how much money the church gets which would probably be a plus for the monsters. Especially if she just circles around and charges them again.

On that note now that I think about it, to revive someone at level 8 someone would have to kill 25 goblins (based on her 1 xp 2 gold joke) which is kind of brutal.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

That's oldschool RPGs for you! No handholding.
I wish there'd be more handholding, though.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I wish there'd be more handholding, though.

B-but that would be lewd.

last edited at Nov 20, 2017 2:29PM

joined Aug 6, 2015

What a weird coincidence. Someone asks about death/petrify here last chapter and it death magic gets mentioned in the very next chapter. Neat.

I hope next chapter features friend day.

Kaede
joined Nov 20, 2016

Is Goblin cuter with hat on or hat off? Truly a question for the ages.

joined Jun 30, 2016

So much foreshadowing, for moment i though things would go pretty bad.

joined Oct 26, 2016

It's a completely bullshit cheat magic...

Lol agreed 110%. Instant death is dumb; it takes all the strategy and replaces it with a die roll.

Goblin had some pretty intense kill or be killed bloodlust this chapter. I wonder if that will show up again later, plus that self destruct spell.

joined May 22, 2017

instant death is great, it requires you to believe in the heart of the c- dice, and gamble your fortunes on luck.

I feel like that self-destruct info bit is foreshadowing; I can fully see Granite (that's the mage's name, right?) learning self-destruct, not realizing it kills you forever, and some tragic drama when she uses it, or attempts to, to kill Goblin.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The final panel is a real twist ending. Now I am thinking, what if the bird was actually sent by the Demon Lord as a way to goad Goblin to fight with her back against that specific tree?

Also, the whole deal with guns being a good option early on but not scaling with your stats at all, is exactly the thinking behind crystal weapons in Dark Souls. Anyone who uses them should just learn to play and git gud.

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

instant death is great, it requires you to believe in the heart of the c- dice, and gamble your fortunes on luck.

I feel like that self-destruct info bit is foreshadowing; I can fully see Granite (that's the mage's name, right?) learning self-destruct, not realizing it kills you forever, and some tragic drama when she uses it, or attempts to, to kill Goblin.

Or something like granite learning death magic and trying to use it on goblin-chan, but aki pushes her out of the way to protect her, ending up being killed herself and not coming back to life. now that would be some tragic drama. xD

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Or something like granite learning death magic and trying to use it on goblin-chan, but aki pushes her out of the way to protect her, ending up being killed herself and not coming back to life. now that would be some tragic drama. xD

I can imagine Granite threatening Goblin with the death magic, Aki talking her down, then Granite putting her before the choice of either hanging out with her or with Goblin.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

Goblin Is Very Lucky

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

There is something that bother me a little about this manga. Lets make a comparison between a level 01 goblin and a level 01 demon. A level 01 goblin has a lower basic stats than a level 01 demon, right?

So, with that in mind, don't you guys agree that a level 99 goblin is not THAT big of a deal? It's only logical that a lower class mob's stats should escalate at a lower rate if compared with a higher class mob's stats, correct?

I'm not saying that this manga is bad because of this. In fact, I loved this manga and how it make jokes about lots of games tropes. This is just a little thing that is bothering me for a while.

I just think that a level 99 Goblin being the strongest monster is a bit exaggerated. (I've read till chap 08 btw)

joined May 23, 2015

The final boss demon lord himself is only like level 80 as I recall, and stat gains per-level in RPGs, especially for enemy monsters, tend to get exponentially larger as level increases.

I don't think it's really all that farfetched.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

What's this? Goblin getting a little sentimental in that second last page? I wonder what's going on with Granite though.

joined Aug 10, 2016

He'll be taking what? Don't end the chapters mid sentence like that.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 12:09AM

joined Apr 6, 2013

Aww, Wasabi ships Aki and Granite. I hope Granite unlocks her true potential, but man Aki is so broken the devs need to nerf asap

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Argh, that cliffhanger... Anyone know how much of this has yet to be translated? I'm always looking forward to more.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

He'll be taking what? Don't end the chapters mid sentence like that.

He said "one look at your long hair and I decide, one day..."
So probably he aim for Aki's hair

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It is surprising (to me) how relatably human this manga is for a story about level-grinding virtual avatars and video game AIs.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

It is surprising (to me) how relatably human this manga is for a story about level-grinding virtual avatars and video game AIs.

Uh, this is a different world with game mechanics, not an actual game. Monsters are living, not AIs.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Uh, this is a different world with game mechanics, not an actual game. Monsters are living, not AIs.

Is this canon? I am just asking since I may have missed something. :-/

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

so, that Goblin's talk about talent
does that means she's a very talented fighter, not only lucky? I mean, she's the strongest monster around, right? :v

Just cos you're Zangief doesn't mean you can't get your ass kicked by a Dan Hibiki.
As earlier chapters have shown, the fact Goblin can usually kill with a single blow means she struggles with situations where that method won't work, or she's put in situations that she is weak against (like Death magic).

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

That's really sad for Granite... She's gone past her max talent and is in decline I guess.

To reply you must either login or sign up.