Forum › Pink Strawberry discussion

Honeyview_190197%20(3)
joined Dec 16, 2013

Ugh

joined Sep 4, 2016

The guy himself he probly knows fully what's going on and simply dosent care there are people like that everywhere and applying your own feelings to any character fictional or real is pointless.

Spoken like someone who has no clue about how painful it can be. Unfortunately, I was the husband in this story, in real life. If you've never been in this situation, then don't tell people that their feelings are pointless, especially when it comes to real situations.

Horrible.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

^

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

I miss my 5-min for this damn manga and another 20-min to download it.

I miss you, my precious time! I'm so sorry for wasting it on this so-real-manga. Does my fucking life not worse enough. Stop bringing the damn real life to manga please :'((

What a stressful day!

%23spartasgirl
joined Jul 14, 2016

I miss you, my precious time! I'm so sorry for wasting it on this so-real-manga. Does my fucking life not worse enough. Stop bringing the damn real life to manga please :'((

Yea, this is partly why I try to stick to Happily Ever After endings, which seems to be more prevalent in Vanilla hentai at first blush (excepting Mira, of course, who makes awesome lovey-dovey Yuri smut)......

joined May 20, 2013

Just add Cheating. There is nothing not to spoil. Might as well add Bisexual, too. It'd help people decide whether they want to read it or not.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

An emotionally idiotic character, a shitty character, and a clueless husband being cheated on. And it is the shitty one that gets the cake and eats it too. Provided the cheating is not discovered, of course.
I thoroughly dislike the two mains, but I do like the story.

The guy himself he probly knows fully what's going on and simply dosent care there are people like that everywhere

I would imagine people knowing they are cheated on, and not caring about it are something of a rarity. Regardless, there is nothing in this (short) story that would suggest your interpretation is in any way correct.

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 11:55AM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Never really understood the Japanese mindset of getting married and having children, even if that isn't what you truly want. Traditionalism is lame, and so is the chick who got married in this one-shot.

And it does not even reflect reality in Japan. Young people do not want to get married at all.

Homumug
joined Jan 13, 2015

What a horrible rotten bitch. Same goes to the author.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

What a horrible rotten bitch. Same goes to the author.

The immaturity of some people... It's like calling Thomas Harris a sick cannibal for writing about Hannibal Lecter.

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 12:34PM

joined May 20, 2013

I wonder if the mental illness in this story is supposed to be Seri's phobia of men. She denies being a lesbian and the faceless voices stress that everything is just because she had bad experiences with boys from the get go. Of course the fact that she ponders whether Ryouko was her first love implies that may be partially or completely wrong. If it isn't, though, then her condition, and the loneliness – or even isolation – it led to, made her the prey of Ryouko, whom we don't know anything about. Twice, I guess. Just a dark reading of the story based on the anthology's title. (Also it doesn't reflect my opinion about whether having such feelings towards men is an illness or not.)

joined Dec 19, 2016

You gotta feel bad for these man. Unknowingly marrying a lesbian and then the bitch cheats on him.

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 12:40PM

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

well this one I'll gladly skip

joined Dec 19, 2016

Feel sorry for the husband in this case. Cheating is bullshit. Everyone gets a happy ending, except for the guy who is providing for everyone else. What a garbage story.

Who said he's unhappy who says he even wanted to marry her who said he himself isn't looking for someone else. It's Asian culture it's vastly different this itsnt an American story about how this guy loves her. Marriage in Asia is more about stability girls marry a guy who can support them and the guy just goes along with it generally. The guy himself he probly knows fully what's going on and simply dosent care there are people like that everywhere and applying your own feelings to any character fictional or real is pointless.

Even if a lot of Asian countries are more traditionalist, they do still marry for love as well.

joined Jan 4, 2014

I will take a different route. The ending you know?... bubble gives off a lot of possibilities.

1. the husband may not be clueless. He knows what is Seri-chan to Ryouko. Thus, he was intrigued and very curious. His business trips may also entail that he is meeting a same-sex lover as well.
  2. Ryouko plan to move back and bought a house hoping to be with Seri-chan. So, the park meeting was intentional not coincidental. Confirming that Seri-chan felt the same, she resolved to transfer.
  3. It could be that Ryouko entered to an agreement with her husband(already in a same-sex relationship) to lift the stress and interrogation of parents(esp. mother) about settling down and having children with this kind of arrangement and told about Seri-chan.
  4. Part of the agreement is to live away from parents to avoid interrogation from both families. Remember Ryouko's family moved out also because of the father's job. It could be that Ryouko live in the same neighborhood as husband's.

These are all possibilities inspired by real life journey of a Chinese woman who is in a same-sex relationship. She helped young Chinese generations because of non-acceptance of same-sex relationships. The article was part of a documentation on LGBTQ.

I like this take on it. While the younger generation is slowly changing things, I've met quite a few women (and men) who are in this sort of situation / relationship. One should also not forget that some women marry to be able to have children, even if they are not really interested in men. Even in more tolerant societies, it can be very difficult indeed for women to find donors if they are not married (+ doctors who will help in these cases -- not everyone is a big fan of turkey basters).

That being said, I have also met young women who were in relationships with older married women with children. This included one case in Japan that was pretty darn dark, with the older woman basically outright abusing the younger one, both physically as well as mentally (wealthy married woman meets rather young adult who ran away from home...).

joined Apr 26, 2016

I hate this trope I can't tell if the girl is bi and chose a guy or social prrssires

joined Dec 19, 2016

wow by the looks of it, everyone really hated this one. I quite liked it. I could feel Seri's frustation and she doesn't really get her happy end but even that much is enough for her. Almost like she's settling because the alternative feels so bleak to her she's been bullied into thinking she's the only one who likes girls. idk

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

Just another day of people getting worked, brother.

much love -HH

19642653_1951141231771763_2417375312714862391_n
joined Aug 5, 2017

the funniest shit is that i just ruined the perfect 69 number of comments

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

There was this one episode on some Japanese talk show where guests from various parts of the world were shocked and perplexed to find out that the Japanese there considered looking for a lover and looking for a spouse as two separate things.

Do you have a link or name of the show? I would love to see this.

Images%20(24)
joined Feb 11, 2015

This is like getting the bad end in a game
(AKA) having an affair with a married woman you love behind the husbands back as a play thing

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

They've actually dedicated an anthology for unhealthy relationships. It's kind of amusing / interesting to say the least. Putting any other story in this anthology would be a warning sign for non fluff (or maybe fluff with crazy).

The art of the 2 mangas so far are incredible though. :)

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I wonder if the mental illness in this story is supposed to be Seri's phobia of men. She denies being a lesbian and the faceless voices stress that everything is just because she had bad experiences with boys from the get go. Of course the fact that she ponders whether Ryouko was her first love implies that may be partially or completely wrong. If it isn't, though, then her condition, and the loneliness – or even isolation – it led to, made her the prey of Ryouko, whom we don't know anything about. Twice, I guess. Just a dark reading of the story based on the anthology's title. (Also it doesn't reflect my opinion about whether having such feelings towards men is an illness or not.)

I think you're right. They're both fucked up characters. Ryouko is a manipulative predator, and while Seri is more sympathetic, her behavior is rather extreme, and in the end she chooses to be with a manipulative predator. However, I'd argue that Seri is probably gay, whether she admits it or not.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I wished the story explained why Ryouko got married. I would be fine, with the ending, if she was pressed into it by her family. But, if Ryouko was just trying have her cake and eat it too, it would suck. Either way, I think poor Sei, is going to end up hurt.

To reply you must either login or sign up.