Forum › Saki Shinohayu discussion

joined Mar 23, 2013

Hello guys, it's me Ritz! Let me do another spin-off because I don't really want to finish the main storyline.

last edited at Jul 30, 2013 7:47PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Eh, I don't think the spinoffs have really done much to the main series' pace. Unless you mean you'd like Igarashi to take over the art for it

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Another side story? I suppose it shows why she has all the pro characters named and developed in the main and Side-A storylines. I admit I'm more interested in these characters than the Side-A ones. XP

joined Mar 30, 2012

I'm really interested in the "one other girl" now. Hey maybe this other side story could set us up with more future enemies ties or a pro career ending kind of thing for Saki.

joined Apr 25, 2013

So, like, what are Harue and Arata doing in the same bed?
Hmmm

joined Aug 18, 2013

I don't mind the spin offs very much since they basically just give more background to current characters that, if we just kept on the main story, could get very boring after a while. Plus I love learning more about other main characters besides Saki. Besides Saki was never my favourite character either, ever since Side-A my favourite has been Shizuno

last edited at Aug 18, 2013 6:17PM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

bad news is that yuriproject will not continue Shinohayu, the somewaht good news is that TMNBE scans will pick it up, starting with ch 1. Now the translator usually changes the names of the characters from Japanese to Chinese but since this project has been abandoned he decided to release ch 1 with the proper Japanese names. so for now TMNBE will do this project until someone else picks it up.

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

bad news is that yuriproject will not continue Shinohayu, the somewaht good news is that TMNBE scans will pick it up, starting with ch 1. Now the translator usually changes the names of the characters from Japanese to Chinese but since this project has been abandoned he decided to release ch 1 with the proper Japanese names. so for now TMNBE will do this project until someone else picks it up.

No, it's the other way around. We didn't pick it up precisely because the TMNBE guy was already working on it and we have no interest in doing competing speedlations.

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

Ritz is a hikkikomori she is going to milk the Saki franchise for as long as possible.

Minun_resize
joined May 16, 2011

I love ritz-san
i don't want main story going to end
I want to read this series forever >w<

joined Mar 30, 2012

oh another spin off. so I guess this is the school that's gonna advance to the finals? The background stories are actually pretty nice, filling in the setting and all. The main story's still the best though.

last edited at Sep 29, 2013 5:22AM

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

oh maaan kanna has great expressions

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Wow, Kanna's got an interesting vocabulary for a 4th grader.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wow, Kanna's got an interesting vocabulary for a 4th grader.

Seriously, when I was in school pretty much every 4th grader knew those words. They also knew enough not to say them in front of adults.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

chapter 3 was updated on scanner blog:

-Page 38-39 is now correctly named thus, instead of just being called page 38
-Added page 46, which was missing in V1.

should be up soon.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

I love ritz-san
i don't want main story going to end
I want to read this series forever >w<

We all need that monthly mahjong!

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

For a spinoff, I find myself really liking this. It doesn't take the spotlight off the main story at all, and it's a nice and light read. ^^

This chapter, I like it very much.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

This spin-off features more of Kanna than it does Shino. the side story is getting side-tracked lol.

Capture_001_18092013_1154032
joined Mar 2, 2012

This spin-off features more of Kanna than it does Shino. the side story is getting side-tracked lol.

Like that's a surprise Achiga hen focused more on senriyama than achiga too. Guess that's just of she rolls.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Like that's a surprise Achiga hen focused more on senriyama than achiga too. Guess that's just of she rolls.

So I wasn't the only one who noticed that! Whew, now I won't feel as "is no one else seeing this??" whenever I revisit Saki episodes.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wow a lot of feels for the latest story arc....

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

It is not safe to be in Ritz's backstories, huh?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

does anyone in the Saki universe not have some kind of tragic past? seriously.
anyway this is a pretty good read at least Saki is always sooooo slow and short so a side story is always welcome in my opinion

starsaber123
Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

That is what powers their super-mahjong skills......that and Yuri.

I
joined May 21, 2014

anyway this is a pretty good read at least Saki is always sooooo slow and short so a side story is always welcome in my opinion

well why it need some of stupid tragic past? saki is perfect as happy kind story and yuri subtext a lot!

To reply you must either login or sign up.