Forum › Saki Shinohayu discussion

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh geez that table all the feels! I want everyone to win T-T
Thanks Akio!

last edited at Feb 1, 2015 11:44PM

joined Feb 1, 2015

I sure wish they make a Shinohayu anime. It will be awesome and I think it will bring a lot of new fans to the franchise. That's because there's no need to have watched the previous seasons to get hooked by Shinohayu.

Anyway, thanks to the staff for uploading the chapter.

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Oooh. Those last few spread pages gave me chills. Very sweet, but also very cool. A battlefield awaits.

Though some people may complain that it causes the story progression to drag, what I love about Saki is that there are no true "minor" characters. Every character has a personality, every character has a story behind them. Saki's world is wide, vibrant and endearing. I love it.

And thanks to Akio for the scans!

joined Feb 1, 2015

I translated Chapter 15: Yue 3. You can find it in my blog here:
http://michinoakio.blogspot.com/2015/02/shinohayu-chapter-15-yue-3_6.html
If someone could upload it to the site, that would be great.

To be honest, I'm not sure if the Upload Request feature is exactly for this purpose or for requesting new series to be uploaded.

last edited at Feb 6, 2015 9:19AM

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

The upload request is mostly for the purpose of new stuff, but if we fall behind on something (usually due to uploading delays or just being busy) then it can be used to give us a reminder.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

ah..., this was a good surprise for me,
from the start i'm curious about who are these girls, especially Shino, when i saw her declaring kan i though: if she makes a rinshan, then this is more interesting than what i expected...
i don't know why i liked so much the character of saki, and in this spin-off i got the same vibes from shino,
even if the artist is different, the personality of the MC turns out really good

post-edit: i was too hasty, i was thinking that shino could be, like, saki's mother... but i realized that the age isn't right...., ah, the spin-off's plot intersected the principal story, but that is so slow

last edited at Feb 6, 2015 11:22AM

joined Feb 1, 2015

I fixed a small thing and uploaded a version 2 on my blog. In case you want to update the version here too. Sorry for the trouble.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Thanks Akio!

Ughhhh, I love Shino and Hayarin so much.

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Thanks again for the scans!

And oh snap! Ending it with a Rinshan Kaihou like a total boss. I can't wait to see how she ties into the main story.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

That was quick thanks again.
Rinshan! these spin-offs are really fun, I just wish the main one wasn't sooo slow.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Akado from Achiga finally showing up :o After having seen Achiga-hen and everything, it's really interesting to go back and see what kind of monster player everyone was before they grew up/went pro. >.>

For a spin-off that has nothing to do with the main characters of the first series, this is as good as it gets, lol.

joined Oct 20, 2014

A wild Akado-sensei appears!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

HARU-CHAN!!!!! cool! Arata approves! Thanks once more Akio.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Baby Yuu looks so cute~ I need more cameos!

joined Feb 1, 2015

Chapter 18 is translated.
http://michinoakio.blogspot.com/2015/03/shinohayu-chapter-18-girls-of-yumachi-3.html
With color pages and all this time. They look so nice.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Wow, jerk opponents who made it to the nationals. :P

Get 'em Shino ;_; I really want to see some of Mihirogi's gameplay though. I've only ever heard of how amazing she is and that she destroys people.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

and still no Saki... i want to know how nodoka is doing...
however, this artist is good, the style is a lot similar to ritz's, clean and simple, but the scenes with the bikes are really well made

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Woohoo! You're awesome Akio!

Geez Kanna and Shino were so adorable in that chapter.

And we're finally getting a look at more mahjong players. Just waiting on a Sukoyan appearance now of the major players, I think.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

We've seen Kazumi Zenno before but I don't recognize the other girls. This chapter was so cute and the girls are having so much fun I wonder if it'll get serious again on the next one.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I Hope we get to see Yue become awesome soon. That closed Honitsu though, I always try to call the Honitsu/Chinitsu and get ronned for telegraphing so hard. :P

"No, wait. It's a typhoon!?"

"It's Mahjong!?"

This girl is something else, lmao. That said, I want to see how Akado and Mihirogi''s play styles really badly now. I wonder if they can just sweep everyone like Teru can. Plus... Mihirogi's fans <3

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 1:21AM

joined Mar 30, 2012

Finally for the pro players! we can see how they play :D

Mihirogi's fans

nice pun.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 2:00AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

"No, wait. It's a typhoon!?"

"It's Mahjong!?"

I was going to quote that too late! haha.
It's about to get real! oh I can't wait >_<

To reply you must either login or sign up.