Feel like I'm missing something here :P

It's a prequel to another story the mangaka has

[misha%20(hoongju)]%2001
joined Jul 19, 2015

No not this again. I'm out

Feel like I'm missing something here :P

It's a prequel to another story the mangaka has

Thanks.
somehow missed this mangaka in my time here. Took a look and found the other story, I understand now.

last edited at Oct 28, 2017 4:53AM

joined Aug 10, 2016

I didnt want this wound reopened. There better be a sequel that fixes this.

joined Nov 17, 2016

I didnt want this wound reopened. There better be a sequel that fixes this.

I agree, and, my wound is not only re-opened but also started to bleed -.-

joined Aug 11, 2014

I can't believe Yui7 made a follow up to A Room Without Shiori and managed to make everything more confusingly ambiguous than before. Like, okay, so Touko felt like she saw Shiori's disappearance coming somehow, and was trying (and failing, unfortunately) not to fall for her too hard. That's kind of tragic when she seemingly turns out to be right, but it doesn't tell us much. Is Shiori's smile as she walks away supposed to be foreboding? Is that her thinking "oho, she says I'm a bad liar, but little does she know, etc etc", or is she just happy about having had great sex with her older girlfriend? I mean, is it as innocent as Shiori getting into a good college somewhere and they decided (mutually or not) to break up when she left town? Hell, with how deliberately and obstinately vague the author is about the ending, is it a sure thing that they broke up at all, or is Touko just super lonely about her new long-distance relationship? I have no idea about anything at this point.

Sansha%20sanyou%20-%2005
joined Apr 14, 2016

I thought that smile was because shiori knows that touko is already in love with her and that touko is also a bad liar because she's trying to deny her own feelings

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

It also doesn't help that Touko is older in the prequel than at the start of the first chapter, which makes pinpointing when this is taking place kind of difficult.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

It also doesn't help that Touko is older in the prequel than at the start of the first chapter, which makes pinpointing when this is taking place kind of difficult.

Perhaps it's just a mistake, so this is probably a prequel. As TopKoak said, this needs more a sequel than a prequel. Except if the author likes to make us suffer... ;_;

joined Aug 1, 2015

She was 27 when they first met but turned 28 around the time they became lovers.

joined Jan 31, 2013

That sinister smile on the cover page ... NOPE!

joined Feb 2, 2016

i thought shiori is dead that what took it last time read first a room without shiori
Could someone tell if I’m miss reading here

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

i thought shiori is dead that what took it last time read first a room without shiori
Could someone tell if I’m miss reading here

This is a prequal so it is before the other one.

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

A come on, it's good to see more stuff of yui7 , all we know that a happy ending is probably never happen sooooo lets enjoy this precuel. >:)

Applicationframehost_2018-12-19_14-19-07
joined Jul 23, 2017

not again

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I'm dumb, can someone explain to me what happened?

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I feel like Shiori had some boyfriend on the side or another girlfriend because she said she has to be careful when lying to Touko, Idk that smile at the end was really suspicious

So to sum it up, I think Shiori cheated on Touko, broke up and Touko's just suffering from heartbreak

10428004_725226147562057_2980308098006012144_n
joined Jan 17, 2015

Is Shiori a bad or a good girl? Was she in love? Is she alive? Why is she smiling? AGHHH!!!! Too many questions and no answers

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I never bought into the whole shiori cheated thing. Touko was broken, like insanely so, when shiori was gone. That doesn't seem like the kind of reaction from someone just cheating on you. None of shiori's smiles seem sinister either, she genuinely seems to love Touko and wants to be with her.

But at the end of the day, the author left the original up to the reader's interpretation so unless they actually explain what happened nothing is right or wrong.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I don't think Shiori died, or the author wouldn't have mused over her actions and motivations in the original manga.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Omg and we still don't know what happend to her! I hope she makes a continuation again! I don't care have many years it takes!!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is all the author said (at least as translated in the doujin) about Shiori:

Thank you for reading 'A Room Without Shiori.'
"How will the readers see Shiori? Is she a small animal type like a rabbit? Or maybe a devilish nymph seducing adults?I'll leave that to their imaginations." -- that's what I thought about while drawing Touko and Shiori.
Honestly, it'd be great if there was more realistic erotic yuri, that's my opinion

Now that we've seen Shiori, I see her as a very dominant girl, I guess? She gets off, literally, on abusing her older girlfriend, clearly. She also seems far less invested in the relationship. So I lean to the "Shiori got bored and broke it off" school now.

Also last panel as a commenter said is "この部屋はもうー"Konno heya wa mou~" technically "This room is already ..." and probably "This room no longer .." and the finishing part is probably "already without Shiori" or "no longer has Shiori."

last edited at Oct 28, 2017 8:38PM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Forgive me. I've just read the first released story to better grasp this current released. First, my vocabulary is a little bit messed up on "prequel" tag. The way I understand it, this current story is an insertion of the first released. Consequently, I considered these points:
1.Shiori is a closet lesbian. She is physically attracted to Touko. Her parents let her do what she wants but strict on to whom she closely associates with. To which, I assumed the family practices on "arranged marriage".
2. In the course of time, both fell in love. It just happened. Both didn't realize as this was not their original intention.
3. It was Shiori who made a move to live together. Reason? She longs for that physical contact.
4. Touko is emotionally expressive, a Top-partner with a compulsion on tantric sex. lazy, no-drive for bettering herself, stress-free individual.
5. Shiori is not expressive verbally but can easily be read to which Touko can't since she is dense. Shiori is "reputation" conscious which I assumed because of the family. In sex, she is a bottom who likes to be on top.
6. I emphasized on the sex because I believed this is where they connect. They are just sexually compatible. For in communication, they amissed.
7. The brokenness of Touko comes from an innate desire on the "forever" to which Shiori knew all along that it is impossible.

For me, it is beyond cruelty to lead a person. To let them believe, invest emotionally(time, effort, dreams) for nothing. It is like for me robbing them of their humanity. It is insanely degrading. I go for a goosebumped clichè, "Honesty is the best policy", but... still works.

To reply you must either login or sign up.