joined Nov 30, 2016

This is gonna be a weird trip

joined Aug 10, 2016

So we have permission to ship it, then?

Don't need permission, but we do have Author's Blessing

isn't their relationship canon though?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I thought it was a different reality at first and more than excitement I felt sad thinking what could've been ... And yeah it COULD have been like that but as a dream, the feelings still remain in the main story, but well this is an anthology so maybe it didn't happen at all T-T

ANYWAY I'm glad the author likes yuri hahaha

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

B-but potatoes can't lewd potatoes.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Asking the wrong person - I've only watched the first two eps of the new anime.

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Asking the wrong person - I've only watched the first two eps of the new anime.

Oh shit! I didn't know it was already airing!!!
And I'm pretty sure its pretty solid subtext from what I can remember? I mean. There are maybe ten humans in it ever.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

B-but potatoes can't lewd potatoes.

They were boiled together first so it is okay.

dying potatoes

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^

Potatoes' Suicide Tour

joined Feb 23, 2016

Woot .-.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Why isn't Yuu blond? Still a bit sad... I don't know if it's intentional, but it's "funny" to see that they would commit suicide in a more contemporary setting and would just keep on living in a post-apocalyptic dead land.

And I'm pretty sure its pretty solid subtext from what I can remember? I mean. There are maybe ten humans in it ever.

I didn't really see any subtext, be it in the TV show or the manga. That said, they are very close since they (mostly) have only each other. I'm not sure if there'll be a place for romantic feelings; or perhaps it's so subtle I didn't see it.

Xxx
joined Nov 25, 2016

I saw the cover in twitter a few days ago and a page. I thought it was the main series, but nice to see it got an anthology! My favorite series. Yuri or not, I approve. Also, Tsukumizu is such a great artist. That animation for anime ED...

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

i pray to god it is but i don't fell like it is or they'll ever say

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Why isn't Yuu blond? Still a bit sad... I don't know if it's intentional, but it's "funny" to see that they would commit suicide in a more contemporary setting and would just keep on living in a post-apocalyptic dead land.

The artwork with the 2 girls who committed suicide is not a drawing of Yuuri and Chito, but it is by the same artist. Suicide is a common theme in her works and SSR also has quite a few suicide/death imageries in it, like that last shot in the OP where they are driving away from what looks like their own grave, so some just decide to juxtapose the 2 images.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Suicide is a common theme in her works and SSR also has quite a few suicide/death imageries in it, [...]

That doesn't surprise me judging by what I read of SSR. And there were some saying "but it's not depressing, what are you all talking about?!" It's less bleak and hopeless than The Road, but it's still heavy with feels.

With this and MiA I feel that the lolis are blessed with good stories recently.

last edited at Oct 20, 2017 10:11PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

With this and MiA I feel that the lolis are blessed with good stories recently.

It's the power of potatoes.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I ship the hell out of them, but if I'm being honest... it feels wrong to wish romance on them.

I'm guilty of this, of course. I think they'd be cute as hell together. But their relationship is so much stronger and so much more special than any sort of romance. Sure, it's possible for them to be romantic on top of what they are to each other now. But I really don't see the point. I love the fan art, and this made me super happy considering the author herself approves. But idk... I can't be the only one who thinks this, right?

I'm with you. I kinda see them as my daughters so while I enjoy fanarts & joke about them being gay for one another, I don't actively try to ship them since, like, it feels wrong shipping your daughters together.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I have to agree. Doujinshi, fan art, etc of them as a couple are cute, but in the end, I'd rather it not go beyond deep friendship in the story itself.I'm not sure why, but further than that just seems wrong.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Tkmiz seems to have continued the story from the alternate universe through images on twitter.

When%20yuu%20offers%20to%20drive
joined Feb 22, 2019

-B-but potatoes can't lewd potatoes.

-I ship the hell out of them, but if I'm being honest... it feels wrong to wish romance on them.

-I'm guilty of this, of course. I think they'd be cute as hell together. But their relationship is so much stronger and so much more special than any sort of romance. Sure, it's possible for them to be romantic on top of what they are to each other now. But I really don't see the point. I love the fan art, and this made me super happy considering the author herself approves. But idk... I can't be the only one who thinks this, right?

-I'm with you. I kinda see them as my daughters so while I enjoy fanarts & joke about them being gay for one another, I don't actively try to ship them since, like, it feels wrong shipping your daughters together.

personally, i hate tkmiz for doing this. i rather have some closure platonic relation ship, when yuuri reunited with chito and they both just grateful they have each other. it makes the show even more unique because the character are like that. but this...this is just pandering...

still im happy for potato they live in peaceful life in alternate dimension, but why did the author did this i dont even know...im sticking with them just being Great friend.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

-I ship the hell out of them, but if I'm being honest... it feels wrong to wish romance on them.

-I'm guilty of this, of course. I think they'd be cute as hell together. But their relationship is so much stronger and so much more special than any sort of romance. Sure, it's possible for them to be romantic on top of what they are to each other now. But I really don't see the point. I love the fan art, and this made me super happy considering the author herself approves. But idk... I can't be the only one who thinks this, right?

-I'm with you. I kinda see them as my daughters so while I enjoy fanarts & joke about them being gay for one another, I don't actively try to ship them since, like, it feels wrong shipping your daughters together.

personally, i hate tkmiz for doing this. i rather have some closure platonic relation ship, when yuuri reunited with chito and they both just grateful they have each other. it makes the show even more unique because the character are like that. but this...this is just pandering...

still im happy for potato they live in peaceful life in alternate dimension, but why did the author did this i dont even know...im sticking with them just being Great friend.

The Girl's Last Tour Anthology is a collection of NON-CANON stories written by various different authors that are basically free form comics very loosely based on either the characters or setting of Girl's Last Tour where the mangakas got to play around and make whatever little story they wanted. It's a bit like a collection of tribute works. This particular story by tkmiz is the bookend to the series that serves as a clever framing mechanism for the rest of the works in the Anthology.

Rest assured the girls still lie their frozen together in eternal slumber beneath the stars atop the crumbling remnants of humanity.

When%20yuu%20offers%20to%20drive
joined Feb 22, 2019

The Girl's Last Tour Anthology is a collection of NON-CANON stories written by various different authors that are basically free form comics very loosely based on either the characters or setting of Girl's Last Tour where the mangakas got to play around and make whatever little story they wanted. It's a bit like a collection of tribute works. This particular story by tkmiz is the bookend to the series that serves as a clever framing mechanism for the rest of the works in the Anthology.

Rest assured the girls still lie their frozen together in eternal slumber beneath the stars atop the crumbling remnants of humanity.

yes im aware of that im just complain about their established relationship in this setting, and since the ending are open ended, we might not know if they got teleported in this world or not. https://imgur.com/a/WCMYfI7

and the last page also imply where cinema still working and its alternate version. but i prefer potatoes in twitter instead, since tkmiz made them more living freely instead got burdened by reality.

whether tkmiz wanted to make her fans happy by this alternate setting, its fine. but it just doesnt seem best idea for potatoes...

god i hope they are fine in alternate world, cant they just get a rest already?

last edited at Feb 28, 2019 2:51AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.