Forum › New Game discussion

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

I completely agree with you tbh, but I've been souring on Kou for a while, someone please bring on the angst doujins about Rin realising Kou isnt good for her and starting to look for new love.

No, please do angst but with Kou realising that Rin is the one for her, I want them together in the end. Even if it takes time, they care too much for each other to turn it into waste!

I honestly don't get the point of the whole Rin + Kou thing now. It really doesn't amount to any more than pointlessly tormenting one extremely nice character, and after a while, it's not even interesting.

Well, it's what is called one-sided love, I guess. I still hope it can be turned into something else, but it's cool to show support for your friend/lover as they go forward in life. After all, if Rin forced Kou to stay with her, it would've been selfish on her part. Of course, Kou leaving on her own is kind of selfish in itself, but I guess Rin is okay to make the sacrifice because she likes her that much.

I don't think there's much point to it in this kind of show, since it's not about romance. Just Yuri teasing and comedy/drama effect?

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 2:40PM

joined May 23, 2015

It's like how Rin left her position of Art Director because she had other goals and dreams for her future, despite that move being much to Kou's dismay. Demanding Kou give up her goals for the future just to stay by Rin would likely end up making her unhappy. And possibly resent Rin for it.

It's because she understands this that Rin can't really push too hard to stop her.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

It's like how Rin left her position of Art Director because she had other goals and dreams for her future, despite that move being much to Kou's dismay. Demanding Kou give up her goals for the future just to stay by Rin would likely end up making her unhappy. And possibly resent Rin for it.

It's because she understands this that Rin can't really push too hard to stop her.

She's not a jerk for leaving, but she might be one for telling a person with longtime unrequited feelings towards her to to wait for her while she's gone.

joined May 23, 2015

She said a lot of things, but "wait for me" wasn't among them.

And possibly the most important point is that Rin herself seemed quite happy to hear what Kou told her. Rin came as close as ever to outright confessing her love, and Kou's response was as close as ever to outright accepting it.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

What do you think "Keep watching over me" means to someone with an 8 year crush?

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 3:52PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

What do you think "Keep watching over me" means to someone with an 8 year crush?

Please stay my friend and look out for me? I don't want this to separate us forever? I still want to be your friend even if we're far away?

Remember that she decided to go along with it when she heard how Nene & co dealt with being separated after high school. She heard that they could stay friend and happy by working hard for their own goal. She decided to act because it was proof that could be the same for her and Rin. Otherwise I don't really know why this particular story would have hasten her decision to follow her goal.

And I'm not sure Rin would have not waited for her, even if Kou didn't ask it. She had her crush for 8 years (or less, it's not specified when she fell in love or I missed it), I think she is a hopeless case in a good way, I like that kind of dedication.

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 3:58PM

joined May 23, 2015

Considering the flow of the conversation up to that was "I'm going to keep depending on you [forever]" and "I'm not going to thank you for everything you've done, because I'll surely keep causing you trouble from now on," I think the intent is more "Don't worry; we're still going to be together. Forever."

Which I think, as a response to "please stay by my side forever," is about as close to acknowledging a relationship as you can get...

Edit: I should also note that a different Japanese term is used with Aoba and Rin. Aoba and Kou are going to watch each other, as in, keep track of each other's progress, but Kou wants Rin to watch over her, more like a guardian angel. It's deeper and more involved than Aoba's and Kou's watching out for each other's work.

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 4:48PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lol I'm not gonna read another "Is not gonna happen" discussion about something obvious, I was away for 3 days in the beach and I'm so glad I got to see this when I'm back, thanks Doki!! it was a very cool volume, more drama than usual but very good and I happy that they didn't force another dramatic turn by making Kou confess to Rin first (and then confess her feelings)

I cried a liiiitttle bit but probably the anime will make me fall on the floor TwT

joined Jan 25, 2017

I'm basically happy with what we got as far as Kou/Rin, goes. "Always stay by my side" is a pretty romantic notion even with het couples in japanese stuff, let alone low-key Yuri. I wouldn't call Kou particularly dense here - Rin basically says that she always wants to be with Kou, and Kou says that she feels the same way. It's pretty clear to me that these two grown-ass adults are going to be willing and able to make a long-distance thing work - Kou is absolutely not speaking to Rin like she's never going to see her again. And it's also feels pretty clear to me that Kou's grown to see Aoba more as a prized student than a romantic interest. She just doesn't talk to or about Aoba like she does with Rin, and leaving Aoba doesn't bring here close to tears like leaving Rin does. I could have done with them spending a bit more time on those convos, but New Game's format as a 4-koma makes that a little awkward. Really looking forward to seeing how DogaKobo adapts this!

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 7:51PM

joined Feb 15, 2013

I'm basically happy with what we got as far as Kou/Rin, goes. "Always stay by my side" is a pretty romantic notion even with het couples in japanese stuff, let alone low-key Yuri. I wouldn't call Kou particularly dense here - Rin basically says that she always wants to be with Kou, and Kou says that she feels the same way. It's pretty clear to me that these two grown-ass adults are going to be willing and able to make a long-distance thing work - Kou is absolutely not speaking to Rin like she's never going to see her again. And it's also feels pretty clear to me that Kou's grown to see Aoba more as a prized student than a romantic interest. She just doesn't talk to or about Aoba like she does with Rin, and leaving Aoba doesn't bring here close to tears like leaving Rin does. I could have done with them spending a bit more time on those convos, but New Game's format as a 4-koma makes that a little awkward. Really looking forward to seeing how DogaKobo adapts this!

How could Rin make a long distance relationship work? When in the last 8 years she could not make a close distance relationship works in the first place?

It's also pretty contradicted that at first we defend the lack of progression in Kou and Rin relationship for 8 years ( 8 years!!) was because of Kou's denseness on reading romance between the line. But suddenly she now could detect Rin's implied confession, and reply with an implied acceptance?

That's why, either Kou has aware of Rin's affection in the last 8 years and being a jerk here, continually give Rin's false hope. Or she has been friend-zoning Rin for 8 years and treat their goodbye now as if to a dear friend. The later is more likely, so that's why if Rin x Kou ever on the card, it will be due to development after this point rather than before it

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 9:29PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

So... Kou is going to learn about microtransactions at Ubisoft?

I think Rin should go visit Kou overseas sometime. They could even make a trip and visit other parts of Europe, like Netherlands.

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 9:47PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I kinda want Rin to just quit lol

Divalshfgd_400x400
joined Jan 18, 2017

These last two chapters really made me tear up. Kou-chan is one of my favourite characters. So this was a bit sad.

joined Jun 23, 2017

How could Rin make a long distance relationship work? When in the last 8 years she could not make a close distance relationship works in the first place?

Well maybe not a romantic relationship, but long distance friendship are also kind of complex, distance can be a real killer in both cases. Also, there is this thing that when you're close to your one-sided love, you don't really want to change the status quo in fear that it'd change your relationship for the worse. We all critic Kou, but has Rin ever confessed or tried to make Kou see her as something else than a very, very good friend? We don't know!

It's also pretty contradicted that at first we defend the lack of progression in Kou and Rin relationship for 8 years ( 8 years!!) was because of Kou's denseness on reading romance between the line.

Again, we don't know when she first developed romantic feelings towards Kou.

But suddenly she now could detect Rin's implied confession, and reply with an implied acceptance?

"Sometimes you don't realise what's important to you until you lose it" - talking about Kou here, even if it applies to Rin as well. However, for me it's close to a confession, but not really yet unless we can see more in the anime, but how the two relate together? Are they separate even though the author work on bot? Anyway, that's still big, big heavy stuff to say to a friend. I don't think I've ever said that kind of thing to my closest friends and I'm pretty sentimental when it comes to friendship... Given that it's a story so everything is kind of more intense to make it more interesting, this is still a big development on their relationship; I think it makes Rin really happy considering the circumstances.

[...] it will be due to development after this point rather than before it

I hope, but I think that particular discussion may be the starting point!

Lol I'm not gonna read another "Is not gonna happen" discussion about something obvious,

Come with us, we're all having fun :3

last edited at Sep 26, 2017 6:54AM

joined Sep 25, 2011

The anime cut me even deeper and took my soul to finish the job.

Same but Hazuki called them Lovebirds and I'm just even more dead lmfao

joined Jun 23, 2017

Yep, at first I was like "whaaat if they don't include that scene I'm gonna flip tables", but they managed to make it even more touching (the scene with Kou x Rin, obviously). A bit sad that the boss came to "ruin" the mood, I guess it's kind of message that it probably won't go further than that into the romance genre, I guess? I don't know how much it impact Rin's reaction to have her drunk before baring her feelings naked. I guess she needed that liquid courage or was just trying to numb her sorrow.

Still, that moment when Rin was starting to change her tone, it got me right away. Damn dust in my eyes... However, the impact on Aoba was a bit more emotional than in the manga and a bit more serious than Rin x Kou, to my dismay, but it's only natural since it's her story. I would have loved all this touching hands and hugging action with Rin as well :(. Anyway, really good emotions throughout the whole airport scene, the direction was really sweet.

This is how a good adaptation should be. Staying true to the original material while enhancing the part that couldn't be covered by the original work.

Can somebody who read the raws tell me in spoiler tags if the after credits scene is in vol7 ?

P.S. Rin scene looked even more like a confession than ever and Kou was really responsive... I'm kyaa-ing so much.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Klice posted:

Yep, at first I was like "whaaat if they don't include that scene I'm gonna flip tables", but they managed to make it even more touching (the scene with Kou x Rin, obviously). A bit sad that the boss came to "ruin" the mood, I guess it's kind of message that it probably won't go further than that into the romance genre, I guess? I don't know how much it impact Rin's reaction to have her drunk before baring her feelings naked. I guess she needed that liquid courage or was just trying to numb her sorrow.

Well you know, children and drunk people are very honest, this was the extra factor needed to push their relationship forward, I guess Hazuki was just really jealous lo/

This anime adaptation was greeeaaat! and now that all the team gets along well, the drama for the next game could be related to the game itself? like a cancellation, delays or even worse... dlc content announced 5 months before the release

Now to wait until Naru or Momo gets drunk!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

SJ7ism posted:

Also must appreciate the fact that Nenechi looked like she had seen a ghost when Umiko said she wanted to look into the whole France thing. Lol. I very much appreciate this addition.

Oh, and, uh, Naru too. I guess.

Naru and Nenechi get along too well now, it makes me feel like we had a 1 or 2 months time skip

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Naru and Nenechi get along too well now, it makes me feel like we had a 1 or 2 months time skip

To be fair, it's kept pretty vague how much time passes inbetween episodes, or even between scenes. eg. the debugging of Naru's code took at least several days.

joined Mar 22, 2017

Reply to Klice
Can somebody who read the raws tell me in spoiler tags if the after credits scene is in vol7 ?

Well yes the after credit scene is "Partly" in volume 7 (It's Chapter 66), but It have a lot of noticeable different. the similarity is they are buying Peco.

Now to wait until Naru or Momo gets drunk!

SAME!!!! XD I feel good that anime team is shipping KouXRin! so my main ship is safe and yes Ep.12 is really well-made!

They all getting along better and better overtime maybe some of them can turn into sweat stuff?
Momo-Aoba: Friend/Rival relationship haven't see good one for a while especially female version. They are supporting each other, they also now get along with each other pretty well. How cute! This will slowly but surely build some sweat yuri content.
Momo-Hifumi: Another interesting one. Need to wait and see in the future. They are both sharp at reading people feeling after all.
Naru-Nene: Nene alone is already loud now combine her with Naru make them even more louder! XD. Cheerful Duo of course.

last edited at Sep 26, 2017 1:53PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

My shipping picture is everyone at Eagle Jump takes a number when they arrive at work and Aoba sleeps with them when their turn comes. Her nominal job is a cover for her real, Yuricam-style job.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Happy Rin is best Rin.

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

So after 8 years of being friendzoned, Rin gets friend zoned over a long distance now. Wished Rin would've just let it go and go for someone who would return her feelings instead (or she's a hidden masochist all along).Also calling it that kou will meet hotarun in france 100%

joined Jun 23, 2017

Being friendzoned implies that one of the party has communicated their romantic feeling/interests towards the other one whom preferred them to keep them as a friend?

We don't know (unless I've missed something) how long it is since Rin fell in love with Kou, and from what we've seen, I don't think Rin has explicitly told Kou she has romantic feelings for her. Kou is dense, but Rin is at fault as well.

But for me, this was basically a confession from Rin and Kou accepted it. That's why she was asking Rin to keep looking over her, so she can keep on going with a smile. As in, we'll make it work even with the distance. She is returning the feelings!

Honestly, this was such a beautiful scene (in the anime) and this was the two character admitting how much they care for each other - Kou was crying, she didn't cry for Aoba... Kou genuinely care about Rin's feeling.

I don't know what you wanted. I don't think a kiss will happen in this series (maybe at the end?); if Kou had been like "okay, forget everything I love you, I'll stay" it would've been all for nothing and I think pretty much out of character. Kou is a workaholic from the start, she explicitly state it's why she can't look for a boyfriend, so yeah her work come first, kind of.

I sure hope Kou meets Hotaru. I also wish Chiaki would make her way in the main series... She was pretty cool.

joined May 23, 2015

I've seen a number of people say things about meeting Hotaru in France, but Hotaru has been back in Japan since the New Year's chapter. Nearly a year in the story.

To reply you must either login or sign up.