Forum › Saki discussion

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

LOL The vanguard match took like a year, sergeant is finished in chapter. I guess these players are too boring even for Ritz XD

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

this manga's pace is too freaking slow

joined Jan 8, 2016

and putting it in my folder that confirms Teru a massive siscon riiiiiiiiiiight heeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeee

Yunaavatar2
joined Nov 17, 2016

"We girls like it when it's jiggly" jesus christ ritz

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

that's a pretty sick wait Sera was sitting on there

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Is that her thigh? Or skin-toned undies?

K2
joined May 22, 2014

thank goodness , Hopefully Ritz will blow through this final match and onto the finals. Excited we finally made it

last edited at Jun 30, 2017 2:17AM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Is that her thigh? Or skin-toned undies?

How is this even a question, it's fuckin Saki

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Okay! I just binge-watched all three Saki anime seasons (Saki, Side-A, and The Nationals). And then followed that up by binge-reading all the Saki here on Dynasty.

I know you care.

I really, really got a kick out of how they unveiled Shizu's superpower. It's a shame she has to lose the finals because Saki's name is on the sign on the door, because I really liked the last episode of Side A.

I also have an irrational fondness for Atara due entirely to the fact that she wears a bowling glove.

Yumi x Momo is best couple. I know BuCap is more popular, but Yumi x Momo is my OTP there. Seeing Momo barnacle herself all over Yumi in the Side-A anime was glorious. Plus, out of all the couples in the stories so far, Yumi and Momo are the only ones that I can imagine having actually had sex by this point in the story. Momo seriously wants the Y.

Really liked Kyouko Suehara, Himematsu's captain. I like that she's just this scrappy little player who refuses to be intimidated by the godlike superpowers of her opponents. The St. Ollanius Pius of high-school mahjong, right there. Was glad they made it to the semi-final, even though I knew it would end there for them.

I really like how there isn't an actual villain or antagonist in the story so far. Sure, there are opponents who must be bested at the table. But after it's all over, we can still be friends! Even the people who are set up to be Bad Guys (i.e. Ryuumbochi, and particularly Koromo) turn out to be perfectly fine folks in the end.

Hagiyoshi is the shit. I want his superpower.

Manga is fan-servicey as shit, which you know already if you're reading this. But lawdy, I was caught off guard after watching the anime.

RILLY hate the loli shrine priestess, but that's my general distaste for loli showing through.

Thought it was interesting that the live-action episodes left out Kyou-kun. No token males in the live action stuff! Wonder if Hagiyoshi will put in an appearance?

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I think Ritz realizes that Kyou was a mistake. I mean he pretty much just disappeared into the background. He gets in the way of the mahjong.

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

LOL page 13 is really something else.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Gotta love those rough pages. Well. At least no skipped issues.

Oh, summer break. Sigh. I tried calculating when I expected the team final to be over before, but 2018 was clearly too optimistic a estimate.

joined Oct 4, 2016

Mairu declares a reservation and Himeko has an orgasm? Certainly an interesting superpower...

last edited at Jul 9, 2017 12:14AM

stormseeker39
Fltbla001_120
joined May 21, 2015

looks like the reason ritz will be taking hiatus is that she needs to buy more ink Kappa

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

That has to be the lewdest scene in this manga so far. Mairu reserved 7 han back then and the most Himeko got is quivering thighs and a red face.

Anyways, Ritz needs more time management so hiatus is good. And I wish kiyosumi vs shiratodai is good enough for all these stalling

joined Oct 9, 2011

I think Ritz realizes that Kyou was a mistake. I mean he pretty much just disappeared into the background. He gets in the way of the mahjong.

Kyoutro exists literally to get Saki into the club room, after that he's not needed at all.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Kyoutro exists literally to get Saki into the club room, after that he's not needed at all.

He was also the mahjong newb so some rules could be explained.
But obviously there's many other ways either of those things could have been done, so, really, he added nothing of vital importance.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kyou was also The Watson of the series. That is, he was the incompetent beginner that the other characters explained mahjong concepts to so the untrained reader would know what's going on. Of course, they quickly went way beyond the mahjong played by humans, so he was pretty pointless after that.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Nodoka could have (accidentally) gotten Saki in the club room by passing by her a few more times when Saki was reading her books. I am sure of it. :P

joined Mar 17, 2017

so this manga is also suffering snail-paced syndrome like akagi? teru flashback is good but the match is so boring with schools that already lost -_-

joined Oct 4, 2016

Goddamn.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_ch179#3

Ritz just going for broke there.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I don't know if I should be surprised by ahem those panels at this point. Nipps and vjjs must be VERY small in the sakiverse lmao.

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Wow Ritz was feeling in a very yuri mood in this chapter hahahah not that I'm complaining

last edited at Sep 26, 2017 12:51AM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Oh my goodness, the oppai on Maya are on a whole other level...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Still dumbfounded every time I read a Saki chapter. What the hell are they playing so seriously like their life depends on it?

I think to really appreciate this manga, you need at least to learn the basics of Mahjong.

It looks overly complex to me. It's fine and all. But I'm not willing to pay that entry fee.

I understood Sangatsu no Lion's shogi and Hikaru no Go better than this jargon.

To reply you must either login or sign up.