NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Or we could have variety and just accept that people have different tastes

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

machigai kouhai posted:

That's impossible. Anyone even the slightest bit different from me is evil and must be shown the error of their way!! Really though, if that was directed at me I was just trying to explain why people prefer happy endings since she didn't seem to understand it at all. Her opinion is valid but the condescending attitude about it was unnecessary.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

machigai kouhai posted:

That's impossible. Anyone even the slightest bit different from me is evil and must be shown the error of their way!! Really though, if that was directed at me I was just trying to explain why people prefer happy endings since she didn't seem to understand it at all. Her opinion is valid but the condescending attitude about it was unnecessary.

Also relevant that we've got a fair number of lesbians that read this site, so giving a lecture on what lesbins think is kind of funny.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

My people!!! In real life, being a lesbian isn't as simple as a happy ending, I know because I am one.

Bruh.

Also relevant that we've got a fair number of lesbians that read this site, so giving a lecture on what lesbians think is kind of funny.

Basically.

chipmunksmtw
Racing%20noz
joined May 19, 2016

I... Like it.
It's bittersweet and hits me in the right spots.

New%20canvas
joined Apr 7, 2016

Just gonna pretend there's only 11 pages...

Good
joined Jun 14, 2016

God Dang it. Well played Shuninta, well played.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Lol i guess all the readers were:

last edited at Dec 3, 2016 2:54AM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Dammit! I fell for this... AGAIN!! Stupid memory, why did you do not warned me before!!?? You had ONE job!!

Anyways... it's all fun and jokes until one or both goes full yandere and the husbands had an accident.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Time to be hurt again

Icon
joined Mar 14, 2015

I know this one very well... I knew what I was coming for... I still clicked... ;v; why am I like this?

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Rather than cheating, maybe they were both single moms already that got close when their husbands went away (deceased) - hence there was that question mark kind of feeling when the other said "regards huh".

Just making myself feel better here lol.

joined May 30, 2016

Wow... I'm speechless. I love it, so delightfully painful yet beautiful.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

"Mama made a mistake"

Screen%20shot%202015-01-02%20at%2011.59.56%20pm
joined Jun 4, 2015

mom yuri is Good

joined Jun 2, 2017

Oookaaayy... Huh? What a twist...

joined Feb 18, 2015

Maybe the husbands sleep together in the other apartment? They've just already left for work by the time the kids are getting ready for school.

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 4:29PM

joined Dec 19, 2016

Hmmmmmmm, you could look at this 2 ways. The husbands are both dead or they are cheating. It seems to me more likely that they were dead since the children were staying with the mothers. If they all knew about their mother's relationship, then there's no way that one of them didn't spill the beans to one of the husbands if they are living. Plus, she said "regards" and since most Japanese households keep a shrine of loved ones that they pray at then "regards" would make sense.

last edited at Sep 26, 2017 12:44PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

lol people trying to theorise an alternate reason for the ending

Dynasty02
joined May 25, 2013

LOL

Nozomi
joined May 11, 2017

Ahhh that was so good. I liked the ending a lot, a lot, a lot.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Hmmmmmmm, you could look at this 2 ways. The husbands are both dead or they are cheating. It seems to me more likely that they were dead since the children were staying with the mothers. If they all knew about their mother's relationship, then there's no way that one of them didn't spill the beans to one of the husbands if they are living. Plus, she said "regards" and since most Japanese households keep a shrine of loved ones that they pray at then "regards" would make sense.

By Cyfer, two pages and three years ago:

I was told that since I was reading the afterword anyway, I might as well tell you all what is said, so:

It seems I wanted to draw housewives. Also, a flirtatious daily life. The one with white hair is a younger and somewhat of a gyaru, the one with tone hair is older and went to a nice school in the area. The husbands are probably nice in a normal way. During the summer they'll A futile situation is a futile situation, but personally I think it's a problematic relationship. If I were friends with those people, I wonder if I'd be able to say "You need to end this relationship"... I feel like I'd end up saying "You need to be careful...go on vacation and such. As two families!

A futile situation is a futile situation, but personally I think it's a problematic relationship. If I were friends with those people, I wonder if I'd be able to say "You need to end this relationship"... I feel like I'd end up saying "You need to be careful...

That was a quick translation; if you're lucky, NHFH will come out with something more thorough.

last edited at Nov 28, 2017 7:13PM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

It's interesting they they don't have the background firmly established, but I'm not too surprised at the generalities they laid down. In the end, they either need to break up or divorce their husbands; with the latter not being complete assholes, somehow I think that's going to be a rather painful choice, even ignoring the need to explain things to the kids. Delaying things and keeping to the shadows can only make it a thousand times worse when they're forced to make the same decision(if they don't have it made for them).

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Yeah. I know the scanlators are providing us with these out of their own free time and effort, so I am stressing this is not a complaint, merely an opinion, but I always thought machigai made a mistake by not translating and including the afterword. Like, three quarters of this (rather large) thread have been cheating! Husbands! Are they assholes! Are they nice! Are they gay! Are they dead! Does it even matter! Two ladies finding bliss in a problematic situation! Two ladies heading straight for misery! Etc.!
I somehow can not but think a lot of those musings would have been either cut short, or otherwise different, to a lesser or greater extent, if the afterword had been included.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Yeah. It would be nice to include the afterword. At least, to know the author's perspective... That said, thank you, translators...

To reply you must either login or sign up.