Forum › Shoujo Kishidan × Knight Tale discussion

NishikinoMaki2001
Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Jeez look at all those masochist lesbians. Chill, girls

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

What's this teacher talking about? Armour is totally needed for class!

joined May 24, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shoujo_kishidan_knight_tale_ch4_5#1

Dum dum here REALLY believes that size matters

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

She removed her helmet oe her uniform?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

What's this teacher talking about? Armour is totally needed for class!

Word.

joined Aug 18, 2017

Is it just me or is the roof top school idol club look like muse from love live.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-12-02/manga-creator-says-sales-ultimately-determine-series-cancellation/.124685

That is why being mangaka in japan is actually far from ideal. It is all about money, so unless you find someone willing to publish you on your terms, you can forgot about artist integrity. As long as it sells it will be dragged on regardless of your plans, but if it doesn't sell then it will get axed even if it would end on bad note.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-12-02/manga-creator-says-sales-ultimately-determine-series-cancellation/.124685

Life is but a dream
Drifting on a stream
A stream

well thats a shame, I really liked this one :/

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wish they could open a patreon or something, but I guess they need like 1500 to 3000$ per month to survive?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

Wish they could open a patreon or something, but I guess they need like 1500 to 3000$ per month to survive?

It really reminds me of author of Shaman King and Attack on Titan.

Shaman King got cancelled like 20 chapters or so before it was finished. So instead of giving it some weird ending, he just left it on cliffhanger and give a very weird hint in form of mandarin, which supposedly had meaning of "to be continued". So people was making theories until it turned out after 2-4 years or so author found other magazine that let him finish his manga. And man it was worth it (the ending is awesome).

Author of Attack on Titan originally pitched his idea to Shounen Jump but was rejected. They told him the art style was too repelling and story was too gruesome so they told him to change his art and make it more friendly and well, shounen like. So he said thank you and looked for different published unless one agreed to publish his manga in his original idea. And who would guessed it. It become a hit in Japan.

It really show the flaw in manga industry. How formulaic and focused on profit most of magazines are. Like movies, most people don't care to tell a good story first nowadays. The first concern is, if it will sell.

last edited at Dec 3, 2017 12:14AM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Shaman King got cancelled like 20 chapters or so before it was finished. So instead of giving it some weird ending, he just left it on cliffhanger and give a very weird hint in form of mandarin, which supposedly had meaning of "to be continued".

True. Isayama-san story really hit me to the core especially that his protagonist is not a helpless, pathetic woman. Same way with NisiOisiN's protagonists. Women are abled and decisive characters who are temporarily restrain to fully develop because of past experiences. But in the end, they conquered. I just hope there will be more writers like them who believe in their stories. On this note, I wonder if Team Gaji's WDTFS experienced the same pressure as Hiroyuki Takei's Shaman King. Just wondering...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nevri posted:

Serenata posted:

Shaman King got cancelled like 20 chapters or so before it was finished. So instead of giving it some weird ending, he just left it on cliffhanger and give a very weird hint in form of mandarin, which supposedly had meaning of "to be continued". So people was making theories until it turned out after 2-4 years or so author found other magazine that let him finish his manga. And man it was worth it (the ending is awesome).

Author of Attack on Titan originally pitched his idea to Shounen Jump but was rejected. They told him the art style was too repelling and story was too gruesome so they told him to change his art and make it more friendly and well, shounen like. So he said thank you and looked for different published unless one agreed to publish his manga in his original idea. And who would guessed it. It become a hit in Japan.

It really show the flaw in manga industry. How formulaic and focused on profit most of magazines are. Like movies, most people don't care to tell a good story first nowadays. The first concern is, if it will sell.

And that's why animes like Black Clover from Jump get anime even though they're utter ******* but they have an eye catching style and simple cliche formula that never dared to try anything new... easy money

BellaLestrange
C8jj6l5uiaacadt_jpg__1llcu
joined Aug 13, 2017

I'm sorry if I'm asking something dumb, but when something like this happens and they can't find for sometime a new place to publish the authors are allowed to, if they want, publish a continuation in their own site (charging or for free)? (sorry if I misspelled or made some mistakes)

joined Mar 15, 2017

I'm sorry if I'm asking something dumb, but when something like this happens and they can't find for sometime a new place to publish the authors are allowed to, if they want, publish a continuation in their own site (charging or for free)? (sorry if I misspelled or made some mistakes)

There are cases where a mangaka has tried to continue a series as doujinshi. Blood Alone is an example. It's not very practical though.

Anyway, Knight Tale will be restarting on Cycomics.

joined Mar 8, 2016

5th omake right after 4th; ch 5 skipped or coming later?

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

oh thank god its coming back!

last edited at May 29, 2018 9:03PM

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Read up to the latest chapter. Fucking love it! It's everything I've wanted in Yuri manga, had no idea something like this existed!

joined Jul 26, 2016

That whole Secret Origin Of sequence is pretty much the funniest thing I've read in... uh, the about two weeks since this came out. >_>

joined Oct 15, 2014

A Christmas miracle indeed!! Been subscribe to this since chapter 1 and still loving it.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

That whole Secret Origin Of sequence is pretty much the funniest thing I've read in... uh, the about two weeks since this came out. >_>

But why are the guys drawn as girls I wonder

joined Jul 26, 2016

Might as well ask why is Shuninta drawn as sealion

I'm putting my money on Le Shitz et Giggles (and in this case the author probably just enjoying drawing girls more).

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Might as well ask why is Shuninta drawn as sealion

A lot of artists draw themselves as animals or other nonhuman creatures. Morinaga is a cat. Fujieda is a kind of blob-like thing. Kazama Kowo is a dinosaur, and so forth. I assume the trend in general in Japan is to portray the author as some sort of cartoony thing.

And is that a sealion or a seal? It's hard to tell.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Only the eared seals "stand" on their flippers like that, the earless kind are basically wriggling tubs of lard on dry land. Very funny looking though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.